Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy Privacy Privacy!  (Read 2122 times)
gpamfmcq

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

I think that the next ten years will be the development of private coins for several years. Privacy is the most fundamental requirement in the industry of encryption.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

Everything has its privacy issue. Not everything in crypto world is 100% secured. But I think btc is the safest of all crypto currency.
I think its one of the safest but if you take precaution and keep your information safe then either way you should be good.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:40:42 PM

Privacy is not stressed enough in crypto world! Every information is made public. No real working app can be built until the privacy problem is solved!

From what i know, if you looking for privacy coin, many option to choose in market. Monero is one of many coin with privacy feature. I think, privacy transaction does not needed because government must be not allowed it like what happen in Japan Monero coin are forbidden

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:47:50 PM

Privacy is not stressed enough in crypto world! Every information is made public. No real working app can be built until the privacy problem is solved!

I really don't understand what you are trying to drive at. If you are talking about bitcoin is not anonymous, per se, its more of a pseudo-anonymity. There's a lot of privacy coins out there like Monero, Verge or Zcash.

And as far as bitcoin, privacy only because a problem is you used to scam people or bought something in the darkmarket. They can trace you back because of blockchains. Other's used tumbling services, but I think if you don't exploit bitcoin's sort of anonymity issues then I don't see it as a big hindrance to anyone in my opinion.
Yes, I also think so. after all, when we don't do illegal transactions, anonymous issues with bitcoin need not be problem.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:51:22 AM

Actually blockchain gave us the gift of pseudonymity, how we interact with that gift is really up to us.

But since exchanges had to comply with government regulations for them to operate, a part of that pseudonymity is lost, and we have to give in since we are in need of such service. Should you really want to avoid disclosing any part of your real world identity, one can opt not to convert their bitcoin into any form of fiat currency.

An article once said that transactions can be made really private by choosing to spend your bitcoin via gift vouchers. But as for the establishments that facilitates this option, none was mentioned. Perhaps a quick google search can end you up with a few results.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

do you know your words actually makes no sense? please take a little time to write down your thoughts clearly.
Erga Di Kenesis Lascrea

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:17:25 AM

I think because it stand alone, but it's safe enough. But if you want to plunge into world of cryptocurrency you must ready to take that risk. And that is your responsible to make your privacy safe.
admosfir

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:37:11 AM

maybe you misunderstood about the data made public in crypto, maybe you think the transparent nature of crypto is transparent to all the data we have, whereas blockchain is only transparent to transaction data and still remains anonymous
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:45:33 AM

I think this is one of the major changes in cryptocurrency world ever since it existed. Before, privacy is one of the advantages of using cryptos but now you have to submit things like a KYC in order to receive bounty. And I hope they're not using that information for their advantages.

nistra

Activity: 474

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:52:49 AM

I think it just the transaction information is made public and the good things is we can transaction peer 2 peer without 3rd party with cryptocurrency.
Tszone

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:27:16 PM

I don’t think every information is made public, probably only the necessary ones. All information cannot be made public for certain security reasons. Privacy should be of utmost importance for bitcoin holders.
lazygin006

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

Indeed and it will need to be addressed real soon. That is one of the reason why I invest and support a lot of the privacy coins projects becasue they are seeing what the real problem is with crypto.
goldenera

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:42:02 PM

Privacy is always the key.
When we chat with friends on social media or enter a keyword in search engine, we are unknowingly giving up our personal data and privacy for so-called free services. As someone who contributes the valuable data, we never get a chance to know exactly how much value our data owns, not to mention make any profit out of it.
varosbaba

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:47:02 PM

Of course everyone in this crypto world.
He can see the mobility of each other.
This transparency gives confidence, even when crypto money stocks are hacked, they can see where the money is drawn.
The tokens are frozen and they can not leave the place where the money was stolen ....
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:54:58 PM

are you very sure about what you're saying? There are so many privacy avenues in crypto and also there are circumstances where they're not. Especially when you want to convert from crypto to fiat, you'll need to let go anonymity but for ypu to execute the true use case of cryptos, anonymity is rest is rest assured

iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:00:00 AM

Privacy is a good thing we need to ensure in order to safeguard our treasure. We must always ensure that all our information are kept safe
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:11:34 AM

i dont understand what you mean, but if you mean about transparency in bitcoin, yes bitcoin is transparent, we can see all transaction around the world, but we can't change it and can't do anything with that transaction

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:00:53 AM

Do you mean the data privacy? If so then how did you know that the privacy data is exposed to the public? Was your KYC was stolen? There is no need for application because our data was manually made to ensure that our given data are all checked and authenticated by the government.
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:27:46 AM

Privacy and security are the most important problems in the world of cryptocurrency, in my opinion, updates and repairs must be done immediately so that it can add to its selling value in the crypto market.
dimbaba

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

All information cannot be made public for certain security reasons.Should you really want to avoid disclosing any part of your real world identity, one can opt not to convert their bitcoin into any form of fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: