Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Humans are virus for the earth?  (Read 784 times)
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:28:04 AM

I also Immediately thought of The Matrix when i seen the title for this thread. Here are the words of the infamous Agent Smith himself...

“I´d like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realized that you’re not actually mammals.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus.

Human beings are a disease-a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague, and we, are the cure.”

Legendary words. Sadly I agree with him to some extent. We are the parasites of almost every resource and animal on the planet. That said, id rather be a human than anything else.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rizwanguroo

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:17:45 AM

Humanity is a life form. Like other life forms, we impact our environment. We also impact the evolution of other life forms on the planet. If you were going to compare us to something, we might be more like ants or termites.
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:14:32 PM

I don't think so. However, maybe people are aliens, and we are all from a different planet.

HarvyDent

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

I don't think viruses are the best comparison. Viruses live inside living cells of other organisms and spread. I can't think of an analogy with people. If I take your definition, then I have to disagree there too. It is basically assuming that all humans only have a destructive impact on the earth. There are certainly humans that improve the earth around them. Once I visited a small farm in Brazil. It was run by an older woman from Switzerland. She had take a piece of land in the desert and completely brought it to life. There were so many different plants there. I think this is a good example of a human actually helping rather than bringing down.
bitcoinmee

Activity: 106
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:19:55 PM

I remember the dialog from Agent Smith in matrix movie he stated that humans goto a region and colonize it until every recourse is consumed and then they move to a different place. and the same pattern is followed by the viruses around us. So are we a species whose behavior is similar like virus or it makes viruses a supreme living/non living organisms.

Agent smith is exactly what i think of when i saw your post. I think we are becoming a virus because we are destroying this planet

▂▆▇★│X-CASH - Decentralized Network And Cryptocurrency│★▇▆▂
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:42:38 PM

Humans destroy the planet, that is what is going here I think. We all want to have a better life. We aim for a beautiful world, but we do not take care of our environment. It is what we do that makes us toxic in this world, not us itself. Perhaps if we do better then we might deserve to be here.
TallDragonfly

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

I remember the dialog from Agent Smith in matrix movie he stated that humans goto a region and colonize it until every recourse is consumed and then they move to a different place. and the same pattern is followed by the viruses around us. So are we a species whose behavior is similar like virus or it makes viruses a supreme living/non living organisms.
Judging by what is happening in the modern world, this thought has the right to exist. The individual is beautiful. Every person is unique, like a flower or a snowflake. But the whole of mankind is aggressive, soulless and selfish. I want to believe that in the future peoples will be better.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:56:52 PM

Humans destroy the planet, that is what is going here I think. We all want to have a better life. We aim for a beautiful world, but we do not take care of our environment. It is what we do that makes us toxic in this world, not us itself. Perhaps if we do better then we might deserve to be here.

This is such total nonsense.

The environment is better cared for today than at any time in the past.

Jemroe01

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:07:00 AM

Humans are not virus of the Earth. We are born innate in goodness by the virtue of God and I believed commuting mistakes and sins are natural for us because no man is perfect. Humans can still do things blue to what other living creatures can. Humans are the caregivers of this planet, no matter what chaos life may bring.
Nathan_Weymouth

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:04:46 AM

Filling ourselves with self loathing wont solve the problem Humanity has the potential to achieve beautiful outcomes. We are creative and caring beings and many of us love the planet that we call home.
To suggest that we are nothing but hateful and destructive and to turn that belief inwards on ourselves and outwards to others, leads to nothing but hate and destruction.
We need a new narrative to frame our existence on this planet and to guide us in how to treat it. You have to do that from a position of hope surely?
Merritt_Baldric

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:21:35 AM

Oh! Agent Smith in Matrix movie.
 I still want another Matrix movie from the brothers/sisters Wachowski.
To answer your question, I would like to say that he is quite right.
 We are here in the duality of existence.
It is a real paradox.
Look at how we build our roads, houses and schools.
We first destroy everything around and then build.
It is maybe a wrong concept.
 In this allegory, agent Smith compares us to viruses and yes, he is right.
 But what does he propose? The question is:  How to exist, develop our world and ourselves without destroying the Earth.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:49:57 PM

Yes, as what I can observed, we are the virus for the earth. A virus is something that affects its host in a negative way. Same thing with humans, we keep on devastating our world, we cut a lot of trees, we emit a lot of harmful gases, and we always use plastic, and all of that affects our world negatively. We are supposed the one who should make our world better but what happens is the other way around. Also, it is sad to see that instead of finding cure on the disease of earth, we tend to just find another earth to live in and that's really sad.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Rizqi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:49:35 AM

Yes, as what I can observed, we are the virus for the earth. A virus is something that affects its host in a negative way. Same thing with humans, we keep on devastating our world, we cut a lot of trees, we emit a lot of harmful gases, and we always use plastic, and all of that affects our world negatively. We are supposed the one who should make our world better but what happens is the other way around. Also, it is sad to see that instead of finding cure on the disease of earth, we tend to just find another earth to live in and that's really sad.

In my opinion, I think humans are not viruses, because there are so many human beings who take care of the environment and many others are environmentally destructive, even so we can not judge human being is a virus.

if indeed humans are viruses on earth why are there still many people living, whose name the virus must be killed so as not to damage something ?

rsremove21

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:24:57 AM

reality sucks but yes. i think us humans is like a virus why? cause we do all we want to be even its good or bad.example in nature many ppl cut tree for money after cutting they do not replace it. they didnt even care about what will happen if they cut trees. and also many of us is thinking about money and power. they care about other they thinking about only their self in that the injustice in our society. and thats not good.
HarvyDent

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:35:08 PM

Judging by what is happening in the modern world, this thought has the right to exist. The individual is beautiful. Every person is unique, like a flower or a snowflake. But the whole of mankind is aggressive, soulless and selfish. I want to believe that in the future peoples will be better.
How can you explain "beautiful" people make up such a horrible mankind? How can a group as a whole have qualities that none of its members possess? I don't think that's possible. It certainly is possible that many of most people are "beautiful" great people, but we can't do bad things as "mankind" if nobody is doing bad things in it. I think maybe the "good" people are just not aware of the bad things others are doing, but that doesn't mean that those things aren't happening. We need to raise more awareness about what's happening.
Wasp094

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

I remember the dialog from Agent Smith in matrix movie he stated that humans go to a region and colonize it until every recourse is consumed and then they move to a different place. and the same pattern is followed by the viruses around us. So are we a species whose behavior is similar like virus or it makes viruses a supreme living/non living organisms.

Nice metaphor, but I don't think humans could be qualified as exactly as viruses because there are lots of other living organisms on our planet. I believe, we are just one kind of those germs lol We are pests Wink
Cryptojuni

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:35:26 PM

I strongly disagreed, humans are not virus for the earth; rather they are virtue for the earth. Without humans, the planet earth can't fulfill its purpose. Without human the earth will be shapeless and meaningless. God knows the earth can't survive in the absence of humans that was why He created Adam after He had created all things.
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:43:35 PM

Humans are inhabitants of the earth, how can you say or label human beings as
"virus" for the earth? we may be exploiting earth's resources but a lot are
actually aware and are doing some stuff about it. No virus does that.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:33:58 AM

A lot of people might have abused the resources in our world but it does not mean that their goal is to destroy it. The technology directly harms the earth and it's not humans. We are just very irresponsible like throwing plastics everywhere especially in the ocean.
Raycheronef

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:09:10 AM

Humans ego is the biggest virus. If people would be able to control their ego world would look like much differently.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: