Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation Forum - I suggest a split...  (Read 753 times)
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

As a speculation Forum resident I would like to make a request on behalf of everybody.

I think it would be prudent to make a Technical Analysis subforum other than speculation. Some place where chartists can post their ideas under strict rules and no deviation from them.
It has become increasingly difficult to do this because of the constant Bull/Bear trolling, in which I admittedly engaged in in the past as well. But it is becoming old and I would think it would improve the quality of discussion both for people into the theoretical side of trading and people who like do discuss current event in relation to the price of Bitcoins.

If you like the Idea please post suggestions on the rules of these proposed subforums and what they should be called.
Perhaps just "Speculation" and "Technical Analysis"
or "Price Discussion" and "Trading strategies"
or something else...
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:20:32 PM

What do you mean by "Technical Analysis"?
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:29:49 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75955.0

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:37:25 PM

I think this is a great idea.

A well moderated TA only subforum would increase the signal to noise ratio.

The question becomes: Is there a moderator up to the task? If not, it would just end up as another playground for the bearbulltrollfest to continue!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:44:36 PM

I think this is a great idea.

A well moderated TA only subforum would increase the signal to noise ratio.

The question becomes: Is there a moderator up to the task? If not, it would just end up as another playground for the bearbulltrollfest to continue!

Yes I would welcome this as well. It seems that a good TA thread has become a treasure amongst the trash. There are way to many "BTC WILL CRASH" / "TODA MOON" / "WHEN WILL IT HIT 1000000000000$" posts.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:52:40 AM

While indeed I mostly only delete absolute spam/nonsense, I'm not convinced that the way the forum is now it's suppressing more valuable exchanges of ideas. I think there's lots of good discussions going on with no problems in various threads, and the Wall Observer is left by me to soak up most of the "chat".

If I do change something, then I think I'd rather be more strict about deleting bad content than creating another forum.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:36:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Blitz.

If you reconsider, you might look over to the altcoin forum, which even had 3 different subsections added. That said perhaps think of this as another subforum in the economics section rather than strictly speculation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: