Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin go under regulation  (Read 211082 times)
ember.suc

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:41:38 AM

Hello, I am a student physicist of Siberian State University. Our platform scientificcoin.com is recruiting users. We do not sell anything, but we need experts, developers, scientists, and journalists.
SCIENTIFICCOIN is a Blockchain platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation.
Scientificcoin.com (the main information website of the project).
Scientificcoin.io (the beta version of the crowdfunding platform for scientific researchers).
Hireascientists.com (freelance platform for the science industry).

I hope I did not inconvenience you with my letter.
https://t.me/joinchat/CeookU293Bn2xGARpNZQGQ
Yuri Taksanov
135cc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:42:52 AM

Many government are seeing Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a threat to their financial system and they think it should be regulated to solve the problem. Do you think they can regulate Bitcoin ?
We can not close every possibility that might be comes. But, i think bitcoin will never go under regulation of a governments or institutions, because bitcoin is better without any regulation.

JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:57:28 PM

Impossible. The government can not adjust the value of bitcoin. They can not change anything about bitcoin. But they can ban people in their country not from using bitcoin for payment. And this has a very bad influence on bitcoin. It's correct. If the projects require a KYC participant, the government can control the information of all investors. But I think this will be a safe solution for us not to encounter scam projects.

I agree with you. Theoretically, some large country to ban bitcoin, but it is unlikely that the people will approve such budget spending, and they should be really grandiose. Not to mention buying a lot of equipment, customization and so on.
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:47:18 PM

They have a possible that they can regulate bitcoin because of its popularity i hope goverment won't put a tax in any transaction because it makes a bad effect in payment many people will refuse to buy some stuff or what they need. If they want to put a regulation must be prioritize of what people comfortable in terms of transaction. I hope they will consider it.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:33:16 PM

Today I was thinking how it's possible invest in Futures of Bitcoin and within next days in ETF, but in some Countries is forbidden to invest in Bitcoin...
What a contra sense is it?
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:41:22 PM

Many government are seeing Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a threat to their financial system and they think it should be regulated to solve the problem. Do you think they can regulate Bitcoin ?
BTC can not be paid. It is not a physical currency. we can not print or create further BTC. We have their 21kk and the end ....
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:50:46 PM

Well it is under regulation on a lot of countries at the moment, like the united states, china, japan, new zealand, and a few other mores that have regulated it on the past

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:52:45 PM

I think eventually the bitcoin market will eventually be regulated by the government, it is already attracting the prying eyes of the big guys in Government, it will do some good to bitcoins in terms of price
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:54:30 PM

you CANNOT regulate beer, people will always find ways to create and consume and swap beer with others.

you CAN regulate PEOPLE/BUSINESSES use of beer. in which if caught people/businesses could end up with fines.
but in short beer will continue to be made no matter what.
take the 1920's alcohol prohibition(regulation) for instance(moonshiners/gentlemens clubs era)

now swap the word beer for bitcoin and you will understand

government regulation is not a bitcoin threat. what is a threat is a development control of the code reference. which if too many people only follow one reference point of the code. the network becomes centralised. (spoiler: already happening)
yes the data is distributed, yes the private key holding is distributed, but the decision of code upgrade becomes centralised around a core team.
distrubuted vs decentralisd are 2 different things altogether

and if then that development is moving away from the 2009-2013 ethos of bitcoin, to move people away from bitcoin and instead into other networks. then that is the threat. (sorry cant innovate beer anymore there are limits, but try this potato vodka instead)

governments dont see bitcoin as an economic threat. to them bitcoins are just assets. like iphones or beer. if you buy a bitcoin/iphone/beer its stil moving FIAT from your account to the fiat bank account of a bitcoin/iphone/beer seller.
governments have laws that keep fiat in play, minimum wage, tax, court fines, etc. so fiat is not at risk to governments.

if you are american you still have to pay american taxes in american dollars.
if you dont pay taxes but are seen living a lifestyle of someone having income that should be paying taxes you will be fined in american dollars.. the government will still get their fiat. on way or another

in short unless minimum wage/tax law changes, the government dont care what you buy as long as you get paid the amounts that allow them to tax you, it dont matter if its bitcoin, euro, or moondust.

governments do not care about economic impact. the reason for regulation is to make more income via licences. as its free money for them while making businesses police the businesses customers.. in short government gets free money and makes a business do the work

governments pretend that regulations are about consumer protection. yet most regulations are about policing customers by investigating customers. not supporting customers. if governments cared about protecting customers. then they would not push for regulatory licences. but instead consumer protection insurances.
regulation vs consumer protection are 2 separate things.

take the housing crisis. banks were regulated. but mortgage holders lost out. banks gained. bankers did not get slapped, they got rewarded. mortgage holders not only lost a shelter but the funds they put into that shelter initially.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, the system of bitcoin itself will never be fully regulated, but the methods of exchange will be. This will most certainly be in order to collect taxes but will be done under the guise of consumer protection.

I heard a rumor somewhere that Amazon was considering accepting bitcoin. That's just one more sign of bringing it closer to regulation in terms of exchange. It certainly would be convenient for multinational companies to have a system of exchange outside of fiat currency.

Another possibility is a crypto created by an international regulator/body that is monitored closely by them to protect consumers. Then they can sell consumer data to multinationals and we won't need market research anymore.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:58:10 PM

If you ask for my oppinion, I think for bitcoin to gain global accpetance a few regulations has to be implemented by different governments. The government have always seen bitcoins has a threat to the global financial system, so therefore they won't rest until they succeed in regulating it.
For today in my opinion bitcoin will negatively go under regulation for now because aside from being not legally adopted around the globe cryptocurrencies are also under negotiable for being implemented in many countries. But for me it is better that the crypto or bitcoin should remain for this situation for now, let's enjoy the freedom from taxes.

My opinion it would be better if bitcoin under go regulations we can freely negotiate anywhere we wanted to about taxes that is only a small amount compared to the profits we earned  think flexibility in dealing with businesses.
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

If you ask for my oppinion, I think for bitcoin to gain global accpetance a few regulations has to be implemented by different governments. The government have always seen bitcoins has a threat to the global financial system, so therefore they won't rest until they succeed in regulating it.
For today in my opinion bitcoin will negatively go under regulation for now because aside from being not legally adopted around the globe cryptocurrencies are also under negotiable for being implemented in many countries. But for me it is better that the crypto or bitcoin should remain for this situation for now, let's enjoy the freedom from taxes.

As we aimed for better progress and continueous operation paying taxes is the best can offer, aside from this we are also protected from government  has possible to spread bitcoin all throughout the world.
Rhegar011

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

Ain't their enough hustle by govt already to regulate Crypto?
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

I think the world government or world financial organization can manage bitcoins. This is done for the good of bitcoin as well, because if bitcoin is set then bitcoin will not be able to disrupt the economy or finance of the world or a country. Bitcoin will increasingly be accepted by many people and countries if it is well managed.
bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:37:32 PM

I think cryptocurrency can be regulated somehow by the government. Even cryptocurrency is decentralize, government can do anything to their nation. They can regulate everything! I think if the people is involve government will always go into it.
team87

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:02:42 AM

as far as my current observations, it seems the government can not manage the bitcoin in full. and less likely to regulate. I also have never thought about it. I hope the best for BTC and the government. to be able to work together (support).
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:05:23 AM

Very much in this doubt. Too complicated process ... regulation of a decentralized currency, I'd even say it's almost impossible
matthewio

Activity: 164

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 12:06:03 AM

Regulation is destined to be the fate of bitcoin in most countries, it may be a good thing for bitcoin as it may mean institutions can now deal on bitcoins under some regulated environment
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:08:52 AM

Well. many countries have seem to notice the current marketability and stance of bitcoin worldwide i guess they might regulate it, who knows what they can do, all we can do is do our part and continue flourishing as an industry
Ramonranger

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:22:54 AM

Maybe for some countries who already accepted bitcoin thats the time regulation control the flow of BITCOIN.
sicnarfwb

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:31:20 AM

Good idea for government if they regulate BITCOIN then the government have the control of the finance system in their nation which BITCOIN has a tax and more secured in transaction which allow more businessman, traders to used BITCOIN for fast and reliable source for business or investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: