Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big scam at Waves Decentralized Exchange platform  (Read 5056 times)
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:42:29 AM

I know this is an old thread but hopefully it will be revived! I wanted to take part in the waves airdrop, which looked pretty normal. I went on the Waves platform took screenshots sent them to the support people who verified everything. The next day I went to check my balance and it was all gone except for 0.0009
So I contacted the most likely scam artists support people at Waves and asked why that happened. They sent the usual bulxxxt reasons it could possibly happen and I got the horrible feeling that the whole thing is a scam and there was no hacker getting into my account info.
Instead the hackers were inside people, most likely the creepy guy who replied to all my messages within a minute, highly unusual for any busy real crypto exchange.

STAY AWAY FROM WAVES IT'S A DEFINITE SCAM AND RUN BY THE WAVES PEOPLE THEMSELVES. THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP BY TRUMP!!!!!

Waves is not the scam. They are an easy to use DEX and have verified and unverified assets. LPOS also is a great concept.

They are also one of the easiest platforms to make asset tokens on. I know of many valid and useful applications of asset tokens on there.

Unverified bitcoin and ethereum (and other) tokens are a known scam on the waves platform. These scams are run by scammers and not waves.

Anybody can create bitcoin token on the platform - the fraud occurs when the person who made the asset refuses to exchange them back for bitcoin.

Just like with USDT. Tethers are exchanged for US$. The fraud occurs if they refuse to exchange them back.
https://modernconsensus.com/cryptocurrencies/bitcoin/bitfinex-tether-investigation/

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: