Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounties and airdrops  (Read 3217 times)
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

Now a lot of bounty & airdrop are asking for KYC. honestly it is very annoying, moreover for airdrop we are required to do it only just for very small money, is we sell our personal data just for small money? can't be trusted

If for bounty I would definitely do it if it was a very open project & not trying to deceive people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:59:18 PM

i don't join airdrop requiring KYC. most of airdrop today are scam and they will probably use or sell your info. any amounts of rewards is not the problem but the scam airdrop. even though you are sure better avoid it.
Yes in this digital world in black market person personal information is more expensive. people will buy our info and use it for criminal activities or else they will use our info and hack our accounts it's possible because our KYC will include our fingerprints, retina scan and digital signature. with using digital signature people can access our bank accounts so why risk better stay away from this kind of airdrops.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

I have  not participated in airdrops that require KYC only bounties. For me, I'm not against KYC for bounty campaigns because this will eliminate those bounty participants that have multiple accounts.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?
airdrop needs kyc?thats a damn scam ,for what they will be needing your kyc when airdrops given as free?

And dont you get even tired of this scammers?victimizing noobs and fools here in crypto,give respect to your self guys dont give them chance to do it with you
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

Its true that KYC is responsible for bounties & airdrop based on this their system is too low for transaction also this is annoying for users because time is money so people are avoiding this also need improvement for airdrop system because once people have bad impression on it then people will leave this.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:11:30 PM

For bounty ok it can little stop multi-accounting,
but airdrops...
Airdrops in the past was very right, put your wallet and thats was all, now its campaigns sometimes harder then bounty

befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?
I passed KYC to receive my prize money. I think they will not sell our information. I think they just want to verify the identity of the bounty participants. There are a number of projects that prohibit some participating countries and they are required to use KYC to verify that.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:13:37 PM

I agree that recently it has become very fashionable to integrate KYC for all types of work with crypto-currencies, but this is not right, how people can not understand this, because it clearly can not be right.
Silver_Wost

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:16:49 PM

I think kyc for bounty and ico seems different, because ico participants are very high risk of scam, and can choose to return the money when ico is a scam.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

I had a slightly different situation. I have registered several times to participate in ICO. I passed KYC for the whitelist.
 However, it subsequently turned out that all tokens were sold on private sales. All who were in the whitelist were not able to participate in ICO, but got the airdrop. If you require KYC for airdrop, then evaluate the project. Maybe the game isn't worth the candle.

MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:45:01 PM

I only do KYC in airdrops or bounties if I really trust the company... I try to avoid the most KYC processes because there are a lot of scammers that only want to sell your ID in the darknet! Cheesy
ABYANSYARIF

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

www.savedroid.com

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:49:00 PM

I hate bounty that use KYC, especially if the bounty was asking for KYC at the end of the period, I've joined one bounty using KYC, pecun.io it is more than a month since I register KYC even not verified until now

WWW.SAVEDROID.COM (https://www.savedroid.com) - CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERY ONE - SIGN UP & STAY TUNED
nikogluttonym

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

I pass KYC only in the bounty that pays well. 90% of the cases I pass by the bounty in which it is necessary to pass KYC.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:18:00 PM

KYC for bounty and airdrop actually should be required as it is very important to avoid multi account fraud, but it must be ensured that not all KYCs are trustworthy, otherwise they can be misused

lynx_

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:10:28 PM

I'm not afraid to go KYC if I see that earned during the bounty is right for me. There are bounty projects in which about $10, then I'm past!
atutay

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:13:03 PM

For me it's a bad idea to provide details on airdrops and bounties. There are many scam bounties and airdrops out there, so you are not sure who might use your details. They might violate identity theft, or worse sell your information to hackers and such.
Xmm

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:18:34 PM

KYC for bounty and airdrop actually should be required as it is very important to avoid multi account fraud, but it must be ensured that not all KYCs are trustworthy, otherwise they can be misused

I do not agree with you! Bounties participants aren't investors. There is no need to determine investor eligibility when they don't invest any money. A bounty is a gift for services!

Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:20:28 PM

Did this only once for Shivom bounty project. For me it's the same thing as KYC for ICO, don't see problem in that.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:45:00 AM

This is an absolutely normal process and this is our chance to get more tokens. Because many avoid participation in KYC. It's enough to send your documents once and you will not be afraid to do it again.

Where2Go

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:57:00 AM

I think the concept of implying know-your-customer regulations to an Ico or airdrop
is Ludacris at best the vast majority of projects are anonymous and even ones that supposedly have transparent teams wouldn't be able to pass most know-your-customer regulations themselves
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: