Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounties and airdrops  (Read 3217 times)
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:25:42 AM

Airdrop by definition is a small amount which is dropped to a lot of people.
The only way how it could be worth it, is that the value skyrockets at one point of time.
This means that this is gambling.
We don't talking about what's the definition of airdrop nor bounty on here. We are also know if 99% airdrops only waste our time because it's almost worth nothing.
The question actually was simple, what do you think about KYC on bounty and airdrop?

I thought that it was clear that giving your KYC is an additional risk, because it could be lost intentionally or not  just because KYC is not done right and security is week.
So the risk of KYC and the possibility of hitting the jackpot in airdrop is not worth of my time and I would not recommend anyone who is asked to do KYC for airdrop to not do it.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:47:52 AM

Airdrop is not worth the risk and in most cases the bounty as well, right now I have a bad situation with this- bounty manager did say with big red letters in thread that there will be no KYC but after ICO needed, they changed their mind and now they ask for KYC which is painful - one wants to get paid but is it worth it to get your ID lost.

I refuse to give my ID to projects which store them on their insecure websites and then do with them hell knows what.

I completely agree with you, KYC for airdrop is now in my opinion not relevant, but there is a high-paid airdpos, for 2-3 months I found 3 such projects for about $ 300. But still, the amount is very small, so I refused them a long time ago.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:25:02 PM

I do not participate in bounty who want KYC verification, and I hate the ICOs who want KYC after the bounty's over, and then the rule changes are ridiculous. I'm opposed to making KYC for the airdrops
airdropcoin

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:51:37 AM

I don't think it is necessary to set up KYC in the airdrop first, because we don't know if the airdrop will give us a reward. Secondly, setting KYC will make the process of airdrop more complicated!

Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:00:19 AM

I don't think it is necessary to set up KYC in the airdrop first, because we don't know if the airdrop will give us a reward. Secondly, setting KYC will make the process of airdrop more complicated!
Its not necessary as long as the country not requires them, there are regulations they follow. We should avoid bounties with KYC , but sometimes there too good project not to notice.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:53:07 AM

KYC is only to limit the number of fraudsters involved in the project, but I think KYC does not have much practical effect. On the contrary, KYC will let us disclose our privacy!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
ciang huang

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

kyc is only for investors if in my opinion, I suggest to avoid airdrop programs that use kyc because it is very dangerous if it is misused people are not responsible

daomayconsong

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:59:18 AM

I have multiple KYC  but for bounties because it is over a value, but airdrops i not KYC
Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:46:46 AM

kyc for airdrop? I never participate airdrops with kyc verification.
because many airdrops give you small reward,and  90% airdrops is shitcoin!.
But,if kyc needed for bounties campaign i already pass kyc for bounties,because i think bounty manager need kyc for his campagin to avoid cheaters,multiple account,and bounty has legit payment.
It depend the project,be smart to choose airdrop/bounty with kyc verification
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 05:47:37 PM

No. I never joined any airdrop that require kyc. I only joined airdrop that ask eth add, or minimal requirments. I not think is ok to join airdrops that require kyc, maybe only if there is some known company and store in safe id or not store at all. Maybe there are some who ask kyc and they use ID for another sites, so please stay safe.
Leo

Activity: 620

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:59:08 PM

Before doing any kyc for any airdrop you need to first consider if the airdrop is worthy of doing kyc for,  if it worth it then there is no problem but if it doesn't it's better not to give out your personal info to a random airdrop

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
ever_3x

Activity: 909
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:41:03 AM

I dont want used KYC for airdrop just get small earn,
If for bounty who i am join must KYC, i am do it.
But it is depend it is bounty legit or not
Abuchi2

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:00:40 AM

Yes I kyc is good but in terms of airdrop I don’t think is ok why because is just a free task. But in bounty's that’s we’re we really need kyc why because a lot of people are using many different accounts to do one or two tasks.
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?

I`m also avoiding those program that are required to pass kyc because I believe that there are a lot of scammer who use those information for personal gain to hide their own identity, so I`m so confuse to join airdrop or bounty campaign requiring to pass the KYC.

hidrocop

Merit: 267

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:08:49 AM

I don't understand why some bounty programs want the kyc requirement for the award distribution after receiving the investment. Rule should not be changed later
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:24:39 PM

I don't understand why some bounty programs want the kyc requirement for the award distribution after receiving the investment. Rule should not be changed later
KYC to protect fraud or fraud by bounty participants, we know that bounties are very easy to cheat using multi accounts. so that this cheating can be reduced.
the problem is, are participants' data bounty safe?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
cryptobull3

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:28:12 PM

I'm not agree with KYC , then what is the meaning of Crypto?
why should we send our informaition to some website that we want to use cryptocurrency?May be satishi nakamato has a reason that he/she didnt reveal his/her identity , with KYC whole thing goes under question!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:19:20 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?

Always remember that if there are some airdrops bounty asking for a KYC in joining to their program project, don't you ever try to attempt to join in that bounty airdrops. Imagine in just a small amount of giveaways you will give your or need to pass your personal documents, that's is really insane and also a stupid rules in my opinion, that is something kind of a weird things also.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:54:53 AM

ICo project campaign are implementing KYC usually in some other bounties but its only few of them who tried to use this things. However, as much as possible never participate in the bounties which is KYC is required forthe participants unless if the project has a potentials to increase its value in the future.
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:00:16 PM

I think it’s ridiculous to send my documents to prove your identity because of a few tokens. You do not need to participate in such airdrops and they will stop doing it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: