Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout - this changes everything!  (Read 7843 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2011, 08:13:38 PM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Bit-pay introduces a new merchant tool that allows businesses and customers to conduct payments using their mobile phones. The program is now in a pilot phase for several businesses in Downtown Orlando.

As mobile phones become smarter and add more features, using a phone as a digital wallet is inevitable. And now, the future has arrived.

Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout can be used on any Apple or Android phone with internet access. Bit-Pay's merchant tools are compatible with ALL bitcoin digital wallets.  And payment notifications are typically less than 5 seconds, from every wallet we've tested.

Merchants can now offer a quick and easy payment option, without any risks of chargebacks, and without the high fees of credit card processing. Customers can now leave their wallets at home, and pay for things using cash on their phones.

Bitcoins are available in any country. In the near future, consumers will be able to travel anywhere in the world, and go shopping using their mobile phones, without changing their cash every time they arrive in a new country.

To learn more about Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout, and see some screen captures of the mobile app, visit:

https://bit-pay.com/aboutMobile.html

Here's a screencap of the video we made...look for this soon.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 07:56:30 PM

This is it...

quite cool from what I have seen of it

Easy Point of Sale has come to Bitcoin.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:04:35 PM

Well done, Bit-Pay. Do you guys ever sleep???
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:05:03 PM

this is great.  she is too!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:12:20 PM

This is Ashly.  Just wait until we get her and Alison together.  The Bitcoin Babes!

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:12:36 PM

Great news!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:15:03 PM

This is Ashly.  Just wait until we get her and Alison together.  The Bitcoin Babes!

Steve and Tony.  The Bitcoin Dudes!
Cryptoman

Activity: 726

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:19:17 PM

You say a customer can send payment from any bitcoin wallet.  What about waiting for confirmations?  Is there any way to distinguish green addresses for faster approval?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:20:24 PM

Steve and Tony.  The Bitcoin Dudes!

whatever floats your boat  Wink
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:23:25 PM

lets get serious:

1.  in your example screens; is Frank & Steins the merchant or customer?
2.  i still don't get exactly how you're hedging out the currency risk when you're willing to pay USD's immediately for BTC's to merchant.  are you instantaneously performing a BTC sale at mtgox automatically?
3.  i assume i need to download a BitPay app onto my Android?
4.  which Android wallet app have you found to be most reliable?
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:26:33 PM

Great innovation, congrats.

Is it really 5 seconds to transfer though?

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:31:12 PM

You say a customer can send payment from any bitcoin wallet.  What about waiting for confirmations?  Is there any way to distinguish green addresses for faster approval?

We will distinguish green addresses, so yes use them when you can for fastest approval.

We are working on some other proprietary ways to detect double spends.  For now, we are accepting every 0/unconfirmed after a few seconds, but eventually our risk model will make this alot better.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:36:32 PM

lets get serious:

1.  in your example screens; is Frank & Steins the merchant or customer?
2.  i still don't get exactly how you're hedging out the currency risk when you're willing to pay USD's immediately for BTC's to merchant.  are you instantaneously performing a BTC sale at mtgox automatically?
3.  i assume i need to download a BitPay app onto my Android?
4.  which Android wallet app have you found to be most reliable?

Franks is the merchant.  We make a little app like that for every merchant.  Click through the 4 screencaps on our site to see the flow of the app and the invoice. 

The merchant needs an Apple or Android phone, and so does the customer.  The customer can use any bitcoin wallet on their phone.  The customer does not need an account with Bit-Pay.  Just scan and pay the unique address.

I've tested it with Mt Gox Mobile wallet, Instawallet, and the Bitcoin Wallet on Android by Andreas.  They all work very fast.  Once the money is sent, the notification pops up on the merchant invoice in less than 5 seconds.  This is going over the regular bitcoin node network, so it's not an internal Bit-Pay to Bit-Pay thing.  It works from every wallet we've tested so far.

We pay the merchants in dollars if they want.  We have many different ways to convert bitcoins to dollars quickly for them.

im3w1l

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:50:28 PM

This is awesome! Thank you so much for making this happen.
NAGAjalokia

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:58:54 PM

yeah I agree, this is what we need to bring it mainstream. Now if we can only convince people that bitcoin is a currency and not a stock.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:07:46 PM

More amazingness from the Bitpay guys. Getting tired of all the amazingness.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:08:51 PM

yeah I agree, this is what we need to bring it mainstream. Now if we can only convince people that bitcoin is a currency and not a stock.
Bitcoin is not (yet?) a currency, it is a payment method = USD proxy and a speculative commodity.

Why? Because noone actually accepts Bitcoins, as people tie the prices to the current exchange rate in FIAT money, making it impossible to know how many Bitcoins a certain product is going to cost in a day or even in a few hours. A functional currency is also something you can hold to preserve most of your purchasing power for hours, days, weeks and months. This is not true for Bitcoin, counting since June.

Problem? Tongue
NAGAjalokia

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:52:36 PM

it is a currency in the way that you can use them to barter for products.... isn't that the definition of a currency? I am selling a few items for a bitcoin price, the value of bitcoins decreased a bit, so I raised the price a bit. in the end, i get my btc and then use those to buy other things, once my fiat is turned to digital coins, I do not go back, I just use it till its gone.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 12:03:54 AM

Great Job!
Is the ap for the Iphone only for Jailbroken phones, or is it web based?

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 12:23:33 AM

Great Job!
Is the ap for the Iphone only for Jailbroken phones, or is it web based?
It's web based.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: