Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian revolution ask for support in Bitcoin !  (Read 7279 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:51:37 AM

I found this livestream from Maydan, watch it live guys, see what is going on there yourself:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/euromaydan-falcon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

Another peace deal.... For how long this will stand?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:06:20 PM

People are being killed on the streets ...  horror happening ...

Well... then don't shoot at the policemen. You attack the police and what do you expect in return? garlands?

You do realise that kind of shit is exactly what the people in power want right? I wouldn't be surprised if there were provocateur's hiding amongst the protesters like in some protests we've seen in America who deliberately shoot at the police and army to get the protesters killed, as I poke around I'm getting more suspicious of what's going on in the Ukraine now, good news is though not all the police and army units are falling for this crap and are either keeping their distance or joining the protesters instead.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/02/20/police-and-vigilantes-join-forces-in-ukrainian-city-of-lviv/
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:54:16 PM

u guys should just divide the land make smaller states and thats it.

and then they should do that again and again and again again, until there is 1 state for each person and each person is the sovereign ruler of his or her own state Cheesy

if its a good idea in principal because different groups of people have different ideas about how their lives should be run, well that doesnt just apply to groups of people, every single individual has differences in opinion about how their own life should be run. that principal that you discribed can be extended all the way to the individual and it should be.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:16:19 PM

People are being killed on the streets ...  horror happening ...

Well... then don't shoot at the policemen. You attack the police and what do you expect in return? garlands?

I agree with you, it's not the policemans fault..
altough they should join the protestors because the nation is paying them, not anyone else..

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:30:48 PM

People are being killed on the streets ...  horror happening ...

I agree with you, it's not the policemans fault..
altough they should join the protestors because the nation is paying them, not anyone else..
Well, I guess everything simmered down for a while... until the Russian government decides to "fix" the situation in Ukraine.

dolphin2014

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:23:55 AM

I won't pay if I don't know what my money will be spent on. Simple as that.

That is fair enough
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

everything in that scene looks like a garbage hole - except the sign.

is eastern europe really that fucking ugly?

Not all places, Prague for instance is lovely, but you can find an abundance of shitholes around eastern europe yes.

Prague? Visit Florens in Prague or any other place. We dont take care for our heritage, we only build fucking skyscrapers for banks whose arses we lick. IMA BTC THEM TO DEATH

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:52:25 PM

Disclaimer: I have not done any thorough investigation of this, do your own before donating anything.

I haven't checked it detail, but apparently here's a livestream from Kiev:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/euromajdan

And here's their donation page:

http://ukrstream.tv/donate#.U06KO3WSzko

It's a non-clickable link to the url above from the live feed.

And the bitcoin donation address is:

https://blockchain.info/address/1LwdJCR7qTDyE17goADf7E66ynoTWdqxVj

This is what their donation page says when translated with google from ukrainian to english:

UkrStream.TV conducts live broadcasts from the early days of public protests in Ukraine. Our cameras operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to fix everything that is happening in Ukraine. Viewers can see the progress UkrStream.TV protests firsthand.

We show events without editing and without comment - as what they really are. We believe that every person anywhere in the world should be able to easily find out the truth about the events in Kyiv and throughout Ukraine.

UkrStream.TV requires financial support! It will help any amount. Your donations allow us to continue to do their work for the sake of a free civil society, for the sake of freedom of speech, rule of law and democracy.

Kiki112

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

nice!

https://blockchain.info/address/1AKEi5Xrgmu4p6C2K7Udn9Bb5WQA18rw71

gathred over 2BTC, good job donators Cheesy

TheFootMan

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

This is possibly a scammer. This thread started with claims of photoshopping of a photography, donators beware.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:00:44 PM

doesn't seem like it's photshopped though..

lemier

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:01:30 PM

This is possibly a scammer. This thread started with claims of photoshopping of a photography, donators beware.

It looks like a 100% scam. No proof no nothing.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

It looks like a 100% scam. No proof no nothing.

Total Received: 2.55001982 BTC

WTF? Who are the idiots who wasted this much money. The bitcoin address probably didn't had anything to do with the Ukrainian protests. I don't even think that the owner of the address was from Ukraine.
TheFootMan

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:19:37 PM

Well, I can only say this:

I feel for the people in Ukraine affected by this, and I feel sorry for anyone that got injured and died, that should not happen.

As for the collecting of funds, we know that there's a lot of smart and selfish people out there, so it's not easy to know who to donate to, who's legit and who's not - hard to know.

For example:

http://helpeuromaidan.info/donate#

About 20 btc donated:

https://blockchain.info/address/1MvkidNwrEga5Q6XXeD8ksGrZ1WzMo4qbW

I feel bad about questioning anyone asking for donations for this cause, but as we know every time there's some big catastrophe or something triggering a donation need, there's always sharks around.

Some more background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromaidan

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:22:59 PM

1.) There are a lot of scams where people take advantage of others' generosity during disasters and crises, as others have alluded to already.

2.) Even if this is legit, you are talking about an area that has been rife with corruption so frankly... even if the money goes to "the right place" what are the odds that it won't just end up in some government official's pocket?

Someone posted a thread on here a couple weeks ago showing that people were selling the aid packages delivered to Ukraine online.
TheFootMan

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:24:44 PM

Not necessarily - it's not uncommon to do self donations first, so it appears people are giving.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:27:32 PM

There is a nice way to help poor Ukrainians. Just donate money or necessary items to the Ukrainian orphanages. Do you know how many orphans end up as street children in Ukraine just because the orphanages doesn't have the needed resources?

The girl in the above picture died a week after she was photographed. She was just 13 years old. Her name was Yana and the place of death was Odessa, Ukraine.
TheFootMan

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

http://atimes.com/atimes/World/WOR-02-140214.html

The Obama administration wants results - fast. Nuland herself stressed (check it out, starting at 7:26) that Washington, over the past two decades, has "invested" over US$5 billion for the "democratization" of Ukraine. So yes: this is "our" game and the EU is at best a nuisance while Russia remains the major spoiler. Welcome to Washington's Ukrainian "strategy".

Does anyone know of somewhere where I can read about a breakdown about how this money has been spent? I assume no such thing exists?

But obviously the conflict is complex, it would be a full time job to keep up with everything.
apsvinet

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:58:58 PM

There is a nice way to help poor Ukrainians. Just donate money or necessary items to the Ukrainian orphanages. Do you know how many orphans end up as street children in Ukraine just because the orphanages doesn't have the needed resources?

The girl in the above picture died a week after she was photographed. She was just 13 years old. Her name was Yana and the place of death was Odessa, Ukraine.

Exactly, charity should be sent to already established organizations, not to some random people asking for Bitcoins with no guarantee where the money will go.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: