Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:03:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptocurrency Mining still profitable?  (Read 710 times)
ERC20KIT (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:39:56 PM

I will like to know if Crytopcurrency mining is a worthy investment in the long term or if it is just a waste of time. Though For some cryptocurrency fans, mining just to break even is a good thing because they see it as a way to add value to the cryptocurrency Ecospace.

Please SHARE your ideas on profitable Altcoin Mining or what you think about cryptocurrency mining in  general.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:06:30 PM

If you use the search function you will find one or two threads on this topic.  Undecided
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:27:56 AM

I will like to know if Crytopcurrency mining is a worthy investment in the long term or if it is just a waste of time. Though For some cryptocurrency fans, mining just to break even is a good thing because they see it as a way to add value to the cryptocurrency Ecospace.

Please SHARE your ideas on profitable Altcoin Mining or what you think about cryptocurrency mining in  general.

Well you are about 9 years too late but you can still start now.

However keep in mind you got crazy competition against you. So crazy that in the last year alone, it was very difficult acquiring GPUs at MSRP even. eBay and Craigslist were selling GPUs that are 2x of what they were worth about a year ago.

Also you need to have competative electricity rates, if you are paying $0.20+ or more per kilowatt of power then you will have a hard time getting your investment back and are just better off buying the coins and holding for the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JeffJohnsonTheNameYouKnow

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:21:44 AM

If you are planning to mine for profit, that'll be hard.

However if you chase new coins, then every so often you get one that is worth something.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:55:13 AM

If you are planning to mine for profit, that'll be hard.

However if you chase new coins, then every so often you get one that is worth something.

This doesn't really make sense anymore after 2014 or so...

Since you can pretty much go on Nicehash or MiningRigRentals or if the coin is listed on some exchange you can just buy the coins there.

If the small cap coin you buy explodes in value you make money that way.

Buying is better because he can probably buy much more coins while they are cheap rather than just mining slowly coin by coin while the difficulty keeps increasing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2001

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

Today, with the current capitalization of cryptocurrencies, the payback of mining farms on video cards has increased to 1.5 - 2 years. The farm is working, but to buy more equipment, I do not see the point. Here everyone decides for himself. I agree with adaseb that perhaps it will be better to invest in cryptocurrency.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

I will like to know if Crytopcurrency mining is a worthy investment in the long term
Yes,

I bought almost all my rigs arround 2016 until now still mining.

or if it is just a waste of time.
Yes,

If mining use CPU and Mobile Phone.

aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:19:31 AM

Well you are about 9 years too late but you can still start now.

However keep in mind you got crazy competition against you. So crazy that in the last year alone, it was very difficult acquiring GPUs at MSRP even. eBay and Craigslist were selling GPUs that are 2x of what they were worth about a year ago.

Also you need to have competative electricity rates, if you are paying $0.20+ or more per kilowatt of power then you will have a hard time getting your investment back and are just better off buying the coins and holding for the future.

9 years  Grin wtf
We are in the Altcoin Section here.  Wink

And yes it is still profitable.
Don't believe the guys, who just check whattomine and never mined anything.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
xlm19877

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:47:56 AM

yes it still profitable

gpus card 570+580 give us about 1.2-1.5$ per day

you can check https://whattomine.com and see the profit for all GPUS and ASIC
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:26:56 PM

Only those with specialized, high power machinery are able to profitably extract Bitcoins nowadays. While mining is still technically possible for anyone, those with underpowered setups will find more money is spent on electricity than is generated through mining. In other words, mining won’t be profitable at a small scale unless you have access to free or really cheap electricity.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:37:46 AM

we are going to mine coins which we thinkt they could rise to moon.
but only because we dont pay to mouch for the power.
if you have to pay more for power than earn with coin you have to check out what you are doing

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:11:49 AM

On the general view of mining
Mining still profitable, at least for miners that lived in the area that has cheap electricity cost. I assume this is for standard mining (mining on the major coins, doing by regular miners, etc.)

On my personal view
I started mining from 2013. So, I have a lot of experience in mining and to be honest, this experience that makes I always (mostly) got a good profit from mining.

Then back to the topic.
Cryptocurrency mining is worth for long-term investment or just wasting time?

You should invest in something that you mastered, at least you understand about it. So, when you know nothing about Cryptocurrency mining, that just wasting your time. But If you know much (experienced enough) or may you were on a learning, I can say for sure that was a good investment, at least at this moment.

I don't have any idea  Cheesy
ERC20KIT (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:00:03 AM

On the general view of mining
Mining still profitable, at least for miners that lived in the area that has cheap electricity cost. I assume this is for standard mining (mining on the major coins, doing by regular miners, etc.)

On my personal view
I started mining from 2013. So, I have a lot of experience in mining and to be honest, this experience that makes I always (mostly) got a good profit from mining.

Then back to the topic.
Cryptocurrency mining is worth for long-term investment or just wasting time?

You should invest in something that you mastered, at least you understand about it. So, when you know nothing about Cryptocurrency mining, that just wasting your time. But If you know much (experienced enough) or may you were on a learning, I can say for sure that was a good investment, at least at this moment.

I don't have any idea  Cheesy

Thank you so much Geraldo for your comment. This is an eye opener for me personally "You should invest in something that you mastered, at least you understand about it" . I will be doing further study on mining
PRC_May

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:26:20 AM

if you have cheap electricity cost less than 0.1

the mining is still profitable and good invest

and the best you hold your profit

because you will go 100-200% if you dont sell you coin 
Howtomine.com

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

It depends on a lot of things. The coin you mine, the price of electricity in your country etc.
It still is profitable but the best scenario is to mine new coins or just undervalued coins in which you see long term potential. In our opinion its becoming less and less profitable to mine bitcoin and other major coins. A good idea would be to focus on privacy coins, as we see biggest potential in the following years in them.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:47:38 AM

Yes, mining can be profitable (and historically has always been) if you know what you are doing. But it might not be profitable much longer esp. for GPUs because will soon ASICs start taking over.  What I don't understand though is why this questions needs to be asked every 2-3 days. The search button always works and there is already a ton of available resources online.

If you use the search function you will find one or two threads on this topic.  Undecided
ciciteng

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

In today race, it's getting difficult. A lot of whales and pro jump in to the mining with big farm and pro rigs (ASIC and FPGA).
So, if you mining for a small hobby (not for you do mining for living) and afford to loose sometime (because the price's fluctuation) then you're very welcome.
But if I can suggest; just buy the coins instead with the money that you want to spend for building rigs.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:46:26 AM

mining is a one-time investment. If you invested in mining platform it should be used in more than three to four years because graphics card is automatically reduce the performance in future but you should earn more profit in this platform. My suggestion is before to invest you must read the power consumption of GPU mining.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:53:01 PM

mining is a one-time investment. If you invested in mining platform it should be used in more than three to four years because graphics card is automatically reduce the performance in future but you should earn more profit in this platform. My suggestion is before to invest you must read the power consumption of GPU mining.

It is a one time investment but now the GPU cost is very high and if we ready to pay high amount still we are not getting GPU's on the market. Last year 6 GPU's rig cost was around $3k but now it increased more than $6k. Still if you can afford the price and you can manage electricity cost means Investing in Mining is profitable.
mitrajkt

Activity: 508
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:02:25 PM

Mining will be profitable if the coins you earn are valuable and you should have your own predictions about the coins, and that can not be separated as well from some that need to be taken into account, such as the payment of electricity
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: