Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to contribute to the Bitcointalk forum  (Read 141 times)
ash_waz (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

Passionate learner and writer

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:30:15 AM

Hello guys!

First I need to say I am  a newbie and like everyone else I have lots to ask.

I love this forum and I am really determined to become a valuable contributor in future. I have researched this topic and what most people say is to work your way up you need to contribute to this forum.

At the outset I understand that the topics we bring up and the responses we give need to be of high quality but I feel this response is more of a broader term and there's more to it.

Can someone give me more insight about this in more detail and is there ways to know the impact of what we post? Do high post views n replies matter?

I have asked questions and posted responses following the set protocols but on two or three occasions it was removed, I was convinced I was contributing but seemingly I have not, so I want to be clear on what is really expected when the forum says, we need to contribute. Thank you.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fouemekeu1

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

Le combat continu.....

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 11:16:10 AM

Hello. The problem you wrote is also what I encountered when I was new here. I think when you are Newbie, your posting capacity is highly limited. But limitations decrease when your status increase.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:52:35 AM

Observe-adopt-learn-react

This is what I follow when I want to become a part of something. Since you have just started and you are willing to become a part of the community then my suggestion is to give it a slow start. It is time for you to observe and  adopt with the environment. As the time goes by, you will be learning stuffs. You will understanding what is going on in the community, where are the gaps, how to fill them etc etc. React then.

Remember it's a learning curve. Don't make it too hard for you, take it easy.

I assume by now you have gone through some of the rules and stuffs about the forum, if not then consider reading some of the stickies on the meta and this board, especially...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 <== important to secure your account.

Keep an eye on the meta board. We always talk about forum issues in there.

Do high post views n replies matter?
It is relative. For some it does not matter for some may be it matters. To me it does not matter.

I have asked questions and posted responses following the set protocols but on two or three occasions it was removed, I was convinced I was contributing but seemingly I have not, so I want to be clear on what is really expected when the forum says, we need to contribute. Thank you.
If a reply is off-topic or any other reason to get deleted then you will receive a message from the system. Sometimes the mega threads get deleted and if you have posts in there then yours also will get deleted, in that case you will not get any message from the system. Avoid posting on mega threads.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:29:30 PM

It depends on you on what can you actually contribute to the community? Some members here actually is trying to clean up the forum from bots, alt accounts, scammers, and spammers but if you don't have the ability to contribute something what they are doing not being a scammer or spammer is the best way to help them make this forum great. Reading rules on each section and posting your topic on the right sections is a good start. Most importantly you must learn how to make a constructive post, and judging by the OP you are in for a good start.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:24:52 PM

You contribute by being an active member, and by supporting the objectives of the forum. I believe that this means you have to acquire a basic understanding of Bitcoin and the world of crypto before you become over-active. I gave this new member a merit because I thought he approached his membership here with the correct attitude, and he put a bit of thought into his thread before starting it. This is the thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4412117.0

I posted this to show that you can become a useful memberof the forum, even if you are starting with limited knowledge.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: