Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 6726 times)
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:46:15 PM

which part of the mafia style protection 'voluntary' funding did you not understand?
: )))
Wink

I did not understand the part where he is supposed to tunnel a fist over TCP/IP to "convince" me to pay "protection" lol.

Protection racket on the internet seems tricky because fist over TCP/IP was never properly implemented   Cheesy

Also, I am generally not very fond of rackets Sad

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:21:43 PM

oh, yes, this is still only in the wishful thinking phase of implementation

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:37:10 PM

how is the fund maintained in the long haul, how is it overseen?  

Depends on how large the "buffer" is compared to typical and "maximum" laundering transaction. There is a fairly obvious way to maintain a laundry with a static buffer arrangement, but that assumes that the buffer is pretty damn large (whether my buffer is large enough or tiny is still open to debate, but if it's not large enough then well, my laundry dies due to 4 mil of buffer being to little a sum and a drop in a bucket, with nobody except me noticing Sad )

As to oversight, technology so far simply does not exists to arrange for such system, but do notice that I have no beef with SolidCoin2.0 apparently unsupervised "compensation fund" (the method seems viable in principle, I admitted that much), only with taking away a portion of coins that miners mined with their own goddamn electricity

And laundering is a bit of a racket by pure definition of what goes on is it not?

It's a viable service, the demand for which is only bound to rise.

I can't force people to launder their mathemagical monies (or their "vanilla" money), can I ? So who exactly gets, um, racketed ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:48:40 PM

oh, yes, this is still only in the wishful thinking phase of implementation

Like the "standard TCP/IP" touch. I might assume that over non-standard TCP/IP you already can punch people in the face...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:53:04 PM

It's a viable service, the demand for which is only bound to rise.

I can't force people to launder their mathemagical monies (or their "vanilla" money), can I ? So who exactly gets, um, racketed ?

The big mobsters didn't force people to launder their money either, so was it not a racket for them?

Technically, as long as you can't "game" the system to "force" the client into your laundry (which mobsters usually could), no, not a proper racket.

And you missed answering a couple questions there ;-)  
I edited those in just before you posted.

I really don't care about the answers though, I am just saying be fair, you expect trust in your services and actions, so does RS and contrary to the troll garbage spewed around here he has to date done nothing to warrant a lack of trust.

Like I said, my only objections so far are:

1) taking away a part of coinage that was generated by other people's electricity (and GPUs which don't last forever under mining stress)

2) extremely obnoxious article which I decided to lampoon a bit in my sig.
I too am not a huge fan of the fund, I see the good it can cause and I see the potential for abuse, even with the proposed Constitution/Mission Statement being designed to govern the group that will one day manage and use the fund as intended.

If he premined a ton of coinage for a fund with his own electricity and a bit of tricky code, I would not see much problem.

Taking away stuff others mined   is somewhere in the extortion territory (Or maybe taxes, with the notable difference being that SC2.0 is hardly capable of being a Monarchy unto itself)

Feed the Lolcust!
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:13:41 PM

I could careless if I lose all my soldicoins. DOUCHEBAGEXPRESSS, WHat I do care about is some DOUCHEBAG who is on the forums caused ALL OF THE EXCHANGES TO CLOSE FOR ALLL OF THE COINS because he is an egotistical jerk, who doesnt know the proper way to expose exploits.

I have 300 total solidcoins, left on the exchanges. 300! and You can still trade them at places like solidcoin24. How about doing a little research before acting like a total douchebag.

It isnt me I am concerned about it is what you are doing to the community. It is what you are doing to doubleC, it is what you are doing to geist geld, it is what you are doing to ruxum, it is what you are doing to namecoin, it is what you are doing to I0coin, it is what you are doing to ixcoin and yes it is what you are doing to solidcoin. You are fucking with entire communities, and doing pen testing on a live enviroment when no one asked you to. That is malicious hacking. You can call it a test now people are pissed with your douchebagness. But you cant say I am pissed that I cant trade my pittiful amount of coins. PS i have about the same many of i0coins I cant trade either.,

You have disrupted the entire place for your ego, and your upset that I called you out on it? If I was the founder of any of these chains, I would look into filing charges against you. Sure bitcoins dont have value, but malicious hacking is still a crime.

Hey say what you want about realsolid, the only coin that was hurt by his license was his own, YOU FUCKED THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY UP THE ASS. You are costing businesses like ruxum and bitparking BUSINESS. People should fuck you back.

mooo for rent
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:17:46 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2011, 02:28:46 PM by Lolcust

The actual fund to my knowledge has not been implemented and there are discussions as to how to best do this.

My quite sincere word of advice is - not by taking away from miners. Srsly.

If the guy is trusted to manage fund "harvested from miners", he can also be trusted to manage a fund he makes with his own electricity (and perhaps some mild coyness with the code)

If the guy can not be trusted to manage a fund he himself premined, why would he treat a fund generated with other people's electricity instead of his own any differently ?

You can also look at it a different way but they equate to the same thing.... say a miner is getting 49 coins every generated block and an additional coin is created on top of the standard rate to go to the fund, that would not be "stealing from the miner"

The extra coin is still technically generated with the miner's power and GPU lifetime (limited to 12 mnth, I'm told), no?

IMHO that would be a very minor kind of extortion, petty even, but still extortion (or "taxation by a non government entity" if one feels like being extra politically correct  Cheesy )

If the guy needs extra mathemagical monetary units to do stuff, I don't mind that. Not at all. I can relate to that Smiley

I do know for a fact, however, that you do not need to get involved with mathemagical monetary units generated on other people's hardware to achieve that end.

Feed the Lolcust!
grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:20:42 PM

The actual fund to my knowledge has not been implemented and there are discussions as to how to best do this.  You can also look at it a different way but they equate to the same thing.... say a miner is getting 49 coins every generated block and an additional coin is created on top of the standard rate to go to the fund, that would not be "stealing from the miner" maybe I have too much faith for my own good but until someone does me or any other honest person wrong I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (ala the new NMC debacle post BTCExpress, Diablo3d a moderator telling someone who asked a legitimate and honest question that ~"it's easy to get banned around here.  Take my advice and shut the fuck up."~, the old NMC debacle which BTCExpress was doing, the crap done to Ixcoin -- I don't even have any NMC or I*coins)

So you had faith in solidcoin, the creator intentionally killed it, and you're happy with that? Any value you had in solidcoin is in limbo (if not gone completely), but you're cool with it on the promise of an egomaniac that you will get an equivalent number of "new" coins that might be worth something in a "few weeks" and that you get to have input on features that may or may not go into said new version before it launches?

I've never owned any solidcoins, and yeah, you're too trusting.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:40:01 PM

So you had faith in solidcoin, the creator intentionally killed it

SO I should blame realsolid for the i0coin exchange being down as well?

Any value you had in solidcoin is in limbo (if not gone completely),

just like the last time solidcoin was killed right?

but you're cool with it on the promise of an egomaniac that you will get an equivalent number of "new" coins that might be worth something in a "few weeks

I dont trust anyone but myself. I was also given plenty of warning and could have turned my 300 solidcoins into a couple BTC before all this,  maybe $20 worth at todays prices.. YAWN! What about ixcoin? the founder premined 1/4 million coins, I bitched about that and still made money mining ixcoins. I dont really get along with the founder of that. Look at i0coin, it was started on a whim in 2 days. It died and was brought back to life by the community as the original developer went MIA. Thats all kinds of nuts, but I made money at those as well.

and that you get to have input on features that may or may not go into said new version before it launches?

Di you mean to say "you get no input" cause I'm not sure what kind of attack this is. Yes I like suggesting features.

I've never owned any solidcoins, and yeah, you're too trusting

Thats Your fault and your opinion. I made a dozen BTC in the first day of solidcoin on a 5770, that is months worth of btc mining btc for me. I have more than doubled that in the first month.

Your not trusting that the major holders of BTC might not start to divest and cause the price to plunge to like $5 a btc? And you attack us for being tooo trusting? LOL.

mooo for rent
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:48:27 PM

Times like this, I'm glad Satoshi is gone and hope he never comes back.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:55:36 PM

To the people who say they are silly trusting me, well I have a history of being trustworthy to this point. Can anyone come forward that I have wronged? What about the owners of the 33000 coins given out in bounties so far? I have given out over 120 bounties and other SC supporters another 50 or so. It's all on the bounties page, and totals nearly 3% of all coins generated. This is the same amount as the proposed CPF.

I think it's the paranoid people who have issues with trust that are the real concern, I understand that in bitcoin realm a lot of shady people hang out but it's beyond a joke some of the baseless accusations and whatnot that go on here. Some people really need to grow up.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:56:03 PM

If the guy can not be trusted to manage a fund he himself premined, why would he treat a fund generated with other people's electricity instead of his own ?

The extra coin is still technically generated with the miner's power and GPU lifetime (limited to 12 mnth, I'm told), no?

Ok look at that option this way the miner generates X coins in a block and the network adds an additional Y coin every time a block is found to the fund wallet, I'm wordsmithing now but hopefully you can see that such an action is not technically using a miners hardware or electricity, at least not any more than they would have expended anyway, since the system is still ultimately deflationary in nature it won't even place a burden on the miner

I guess we run into implementation vs. user psychology issues at this point.

I've expended time and electricity to find a block.

I did.

Now, I know that when I did so, there were coins that went to me and coin(s) that went someplace else. The existence of those "someplace else" coins (just as the ones that I can now spend) is casually, from user perspective, linked to the creation of the block and the resources I spent creating it.
SO Y DID U TAKE MY COINSES AWAY ? Cheesy

Whether those "coinses" were ever "mine" in the accounting or programming sense is at this point a foregone conclusion.

Also, a good question would be "how many extra tx / extra blocks does the Superfund make the system deal with".  A Superfund that only "wastes" one block to come into existence is "better" than one that wastes a hundred or a thousand.

Feed the Lolcust!
grndzero

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:05:54 PM

So you had faith in solidcoin, the creator intentionally killed it, and you're happy with that? Any value you had in solidcoin is in limbo (if not gone completely), but you're cool with it on the promise of an egomaniac that you will get an equivalent number of "new" coins that might be worth something in a "few weeks" and that you get to have input on features that may or may not go into said new version before it launches?

People opted to exit and await fixes for the a fore mentioned problems, anyone is free to use the old chain as it is today, but with rampant attacks and threats of attacks coming from people with bored teenager syndrome something had to be done, I don't see accepting a moratorium on mining for a short while in hopes to get added security enhancements in a next version to be something worthy of loosing trust that RS is in fact trying to make the system better for everyone.  Maybe I am also crazy and too trusting.  Incidentally the whole "kill switch" non-sense was an out of context lie by BTCExpress and a couple other dummies, if you really look at the comment it is in reference to code RS stated as having disabled from legacy BTC code.

Rampant attacks? : 1 or 2 at the most doesn't equal rampant, and solidcoin's arrogance is a wash with being attacked as far as I'm concerned, a little humility on his part would have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble.

Rampant threat of attacks? : You've never been threatened before? It seems to happen everywhere now.
Bored teenager syndrome? : Also exists everywhere now a days.

And so far everything you have said is putting blame toward someone else and on the defensive. Just pointing that out.

I'd like to know what security enhancements you think you're going to get since none of the 80+ security enhancements that were supposedly fixed in Bitcoin were ever found in solidcoin's source code. Unless bitcoin is in serious trouble of a renaming attack or whitespace overflow.

You're buying the argument that the new version of solidcoin is going to fix every possible security problem with p2p currency protocol from a guy who has !never! once given an acceptable technical explanation of anything.

I didn't say anything about a kill switch, never have, never alluded to it because I saw the removed comment too.

Sure people can keep running it. Why bother though? I doubt any providers are going to support the old block chain, most of them are closed or closing. If any of them are going to offer any services in solidcoin it will be for the new one since there is not a concerted effort to keep the original chain alive, and just keeping an open source copy of the client around and updated doesn't really count. People should have just let it die, but they believed the hype and wanted to believe it was something special. The creator killed it, with nothing to replace it, and now people literally believe in something that doesn't exist.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:21:13 PM

I could careless if I lose all my soldicoins. DOUCHEBAGEXPRESSS, WHat I do care about is some DOUCHEBAG who is on the forums caused ALL OF THE EXCHANGES TO CLOSE FOR ALLL OF THE COINS because he is an egotistical jerk, who doesnt know the proper way to expose exploits.

I have 300 total solidcoins, left on the exchanges. 300! and You can still trade them at places like solidcoin24. How about doing a little research before acting like a total douchebag.

It isnt me I am concerned about it is what you are doing to the community. It is what you are doing to doubleC, it is what you are doing to geist geld, it is what you are doing to ruxum, it is what you are doing to namecoin, it is what you are doing to I0coin, it is what you are doing to ixcoin and yes it is what you are doing to solidcoin. You are fucking with entire communities, and doing pen testing on a live enviroment when no one asked you to. That is malicious hacking. You can call it a test now people are pissed with your douchebagness. But you cant say I am pissed that I cant trade my pittiful amount of coins. PS i have about the same many of i0coins I cant trade either.,

You have disrupted the entire place for your ego, and your upset that I called you out on it? If I was the founder of any of these chains, I would look into filing charges against you. Sure bitcoins dont have value, but malicious hacking is still a crime.

Hey say what you want about realsolid, the only coin that was hurt by his license was his own, YOU FUCKED THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY UP THE ASS. You are costing businesses like ruxum and bitparking BUSINESS. People should fuck you back.

You forgot moonco.in.
grndzero

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:30:39 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2011, 03:51:51 PM by grndzero

So you had faith in solidcoin, the creator intentionally killed it

SO I should blame realsolid for the i0coin exchange being down as well?

Did I say that? No. I don't care about your BTCExpress agenda.

Quote from: joulesbeef

but you're cool with it on the promise of an egomaniac that you will get an equivalent number of "new" coins that might be worth something in a "few weeks

I dont trust anyone but myself. I was also given plenty of warning and could have turned my 300 solidcoins into a couple BTC before all this,  maybe $20 worth at todays prices.. YAWN! What about ixcoin? the founder premined 1/4 million coins, I bitched about that and still made money mining ixcoins. I dont really get along with the founder of that. Look at i0coin, it was started on a whim in 2 days. It died and was brought back to life by the community as the original developer went MIA. Thats all kinds of nuts, but I made money at those as well.

Then sell them already and get over it. Again, I don't care about your BTCExpress agenda, and reading it on every post is getting old.

I don't care about the 1/4 million pre-mined coins. Incentives make perfect sense to me for someone who's second to market.

I made a nice profit on ixcoins, despite the fact that I didn't believe in what ix or i0 were selling. I didn't get in the i0 startup because I predicted that it was going to be a mess due to the hype and launch date.

and that you get to have input on features that may or may not go into said new version before it launches?

Di you mean to say "you get no input" cause I'm not sure what kind of attack this is. Yes I like suggesting features.

No, I said 'you get to have input' just like it's written and just like what I meant. Since ch is an egomaniac and super awesome pro coder I thought it was funny that he was actually RFQ'ing since he dismissed all the bitcoin dev's and everyone else's peer reviews. Perhaps he learning except that he has essentially killed his "product" without having something to replace it.

I've never owned any solidcoins, and yeah, you're too trusting

Thats Your fault and your opinion. I made a dozen BTC in the first day of solidcoin on a 5770, that is months worth of btc mining btc for me. I have more than doubled that in the first month.

Your not trusting that the major holders of BTC might not start to divest and cause the price to plunge to like $5 a btc? And you attack us for being tooo trusting? LOL.

I said I never owned solidcoins, partly because I was offline the week that they launched. I might have gotten in on the launch depending on the situation, but I would never have gotten on the bandwagon. Exactly how do you read 'only holds bitcoins and only explicitly trusts in them'. You need some serious comprehension help. I didn't pay cash for my bitcoins, maybe you did, I won't assume, the value fluctuating doesn't concern me very much since I am not an investor.  And I do trust Bitcoins more than any alt chain fork, until given a legit reason not to, which I haven't seen yet. Until then, the squabbling of all the alt chains is my As The World Turns.

cgpgroup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 04:09:33 PM

To the people who say they are silly trusting me, well I have a history of being trustworthy to this point. Can anyone come forward that I have wronged? What about the owners of the 33000 coins given out in bounties so far? I have given out over 120 bounties and other SC supporters another 50 or so. It's all on the bounties page, and totals nearly 3% of all coins generated. This is the same amount as the proposed CPF.

I think it's the paranoid people who have issues with trust that are the real concern, I understand that in bitcoin realm a lot of shady people hang out but it's beyond a joke some of the baseless accusations and whatnot that go on here. Some people really need to grow up.

Whatever Mr. Douche. I never got my bounty... requested it multiple times. But I dumped the thousands of Solidcoins I had anyway, so who cares now.... SolidCoin was such a promising coin. but you have no idea how to listen with your ears, instead you listen and respond with your a$$. every time you say something I am tempted to hand you toilet paper to wipe.... jeez. you may be a talented programmer, but you are a social zero...

Checkout the most amazing affiliate program http://onehourwin.com/
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:03:34 PM

Probably has to hurt your ego that SC will be the only viable chain soon.... Smiley Keep up with the attacks, you're doing a good job destroying bitcoin.

I'm going to laugh so fucking hard when you eat these words in the not-so-distant future.

Your hubris will be your downfall.
CoinHunter

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:13:38 AM

I don't see the new version as being invincible, but I do have warranted hopes that it will be better than the current state of affairs.

I agree with you! But Coinhunter thinks it is bullet proof. You ARE NOT in line with the official party mantra. You need to shut the fuck up and drink CH's Kool Aid.

Simply put SC 2.0 on a testnetwork, I will kill it in less than 30 minutes.

Coinhunter and the rest of you pathetic followers.

Put up or SHUT THE FUCK UP. Grin Grin Grin

LOL, you'll have your chance to attack it with your Geforce2MX army once the testnet goes public. Just keep it in your pants until then.

CoinHunter

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:14:50 AM

Whatever Mr. Douche. I never got my bounty... requested it multiple times. But I dumped the thousands of Solidcoins I had anyway, so who cares now.... SolidCoin was such a promising coin. but you have no idea how to listen with your ears, instead you listen and respond with your a$$. every time you say something I am tempted to hand you toilet paper to wipe.... jeez. you may be a talented programmer, but you are a social zero...

What bounty? There is only one I can think of and if that is you there is a valid reason for not giving it to you. I'm glad you have sold all your SC so now you can move on with your life?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 03:31:55 AM

The fact that this thread is the most popular on the board atm shows how pathetic it has become.  Angry
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: