Author Topic: delete  (Read 6721 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 04:06:21 AM

The fact that this thread is the most popular on the board atm shows how pathetic it has become.  Angry

Translation: I am a Solidcoin supporter.
Quite the opposite. CoinHunter is on my shitlist actually so I might have missed the content of the thread.
This was merely an observation about the forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 04:34:15 AM

well fuck, didn't sleep yet.
gn8  Roll Eyes
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 04:48:56 AM

I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver!

Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meowwwwww

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:51:48 AM

Love your sig Lolcust.  All Bitcoin forks are a scam, I'm sure Satoshi has a lot of BTC but at least it's decentralized unlike all these new cryptocurrencies.  Bitcoin has a lot going for it still, even if it were to collapse it would take a few years imo unless market manipulators are as viscious as most posters here make them out to be.

Bitcoin is not decentralized because the developers can dictate the software's behaviour:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoin_is_not_decentralized_because_the_developers_can_dictate_the_software.27s_behaviour

So, the following guys have total control of Bitcoin:

Developers:
Satoshi Nakamoto
Gavin Andresen -  (PGP)
Pieter Wuille
Nils Schneider - nils.schneider@gmail.com (PGP)
Jeff Garzik - jgarzik@exmulti.com (PGP)

I think that the Bitcoin development and future decisions SHOULD be democratic. With something like e-democracy, e-poll or, something entirely new, just like the Bitcoin itself...

BTW, SolidCoin is a big joke! I like it because it make me laughter! A LOT!!!  LOL

Cheers,
Thiago
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 05:00:28 AM

Guys we really need to stop fighting amongst ourselves. p2p currency advocates are their own worst enemies at the moment. We need to be ready with decent, practical, dependable and non-scammy alternatives to debt based fiat money now that hyperinflation is beginning to accelerate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/sep/15/world-banks-flood-markets-with-dollars

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:02:40 AM

Guys we really need to stop fighting amongst ourselves. p2p currency advocates are their own worst enemies at the moment. We need to be ready with decent, practical, dependable and non-scammy alternatives to debt based fiat money now that hyperinflation is beginning to accelerate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/sep/15/world-banks-flood-markets-with-dollars

To me, the alt-currencies form a useful sink. People are going to get scammed no matter what the contents or rules of any given block chain are. I would rather have them be scammed out of Solid or IO coins instead of Bitcoins. Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:27:49 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2011, 06:39:23 AM by steelhouse

I read most all comments on both forums.  IMHO the value of mining is way overstated.  There will be little business development until the mining stops.  In fact you could use bounties for people who put up quality nodes of the network to protect the network.  Even though namecoin and ixcoin had virtually no blocks found, it still had enough interest to always have 8 nodes.  It is not until the inflation mining stops before businesses can be developed.  mining is similar to liberal government, just robbing savers and businesses. Once mining became unprofitable, only then did I consider trading and business.

I would restart the solidcoin 2.0 or even solidcoin 3.0.

1) 3% tax on all transactions, 0.5% to deflation destroyed, 2.5% for bounties.  minimum 0.01 fee
2) 1 coins added to each block, not for inflation but to compensate for deflation and lost coins.  This could go to bounties.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:35:07 AM

I read most all comments on both forums.  IMHO the value of mining is way overstated.  There will be little business development until the mining stops.  In fact you could use bounties for people who put up quality nodes of the network to protect the network.  Even though namecoin and ixcoin had virtually no blocks found, it still had enough interest to always have 8 nodes.  It is not until the inflation mining stops before businesses can be developed.  mining is similar to liberal government, just robbing savers and businesses. Once mining became unprofitable, only then did I consider trading and business.

I would restart the solidcoin 2.0 or even solidcoin 3.0.

1) 3% tax on all transactions, 1% to deflation destroyed, 2% for bounties.  minimum 0.01 fee
2) 1 coins added to each block, not for inflation but to compensate for deflation and lost coins.

I'm curious about the loss of bitcoins by people... Is there any statistics about this?!
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:35:38 AM

I totally agree with you!!
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:40:42 AM

I totally agree with you!!

I think we should pay a bounty to each member of  the bitcoin development team.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:51:01 PM

I think that the Bitcoin development and future decisions SHOULD be democratic. With something like e-democracy, e-poll or, something entirely new, just like the Bitcoin itself...  BTW, SolidCoin is a big joke! I like it because it make me laughter! A LOT!!!  LOL

Thanks for giving me some laughter today! Smiley  BTW I don't expect everyone to love SolidCoin, people have a tendency to choose teams and that is fine with me. I think competition is a positive thing for development.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 02:40:55 PM

You forgot http://www.trucoin.com/ as having control.

Please don't spread misinformation.

I agreed to join TruCoin a couple of months ago, because I knew Eric (chaord) and Chris (cbrunner) through these forums and I think their vision and experience give TruCoin a really good chance of being an important company in the bitcoin economy.

And they hired me because TruCoin won't go anywhere if core bitcoin falls apart. I will (and have) mostly be working on core bitcoin issues, jumping in and writing code that I think is critically needed that nobody else is stepping up to write and working to make bitcoin as stable and secure as possible.

If Eric and Chris tell me to do something that is bad for bitcoin, I'll let them know what I think. If they suddenly lose their minds and stop listening, then I'll quit.

If I lose my mind and start doing things that are bad for bitcoin as a whole (or if I start trying to do things to bitcoin-core that benefit TruCoin over everybody else), then you-all should fire me.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:10:03 PM

You forgot http://www.trucoin.com/ as having control.

Please don't spread misinformation.

I agreed to join TruCoin a couple of months ago, because I knew Eric (chaord) and Chris (cbrunner) through these forums and I think their vision and experience give TruCoin a really good chance of being an important company in the bitcoin economy.

And they hired me because TruCoin won't go anywhere if core bitcoin falls apart. I will (and have) mostly be working on core bitcoin issues, jumping in and writing code that I think is critically needed that nobody else is stepping up to write and working to make bitcoin as stable and secure as possible.

If Eric and Chris tell me to do something that is bad for bitcoin, I'll let them know what I think. If they suddenly lose their minds and stop listening, then I'll quit.

If I lose my mind and start doing things that are bad for bitcoin as a whole (or if I start trying to do things to bitcoin-core that benefit TruCoin over everybody else), then you-all should fire me.

Exactly how do we do that if the scenario you described unfolds?
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:42:48 PM

We would fork, and if our fork was better, Gavin's version would fade away. Everyone currently holding Bitcoins has an incentive to keep the rules consistent.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:57:03 PM

We would fork, and if our fork was better, Gavin's version would fade away. Everyone currently holding Bitcoins has an incentive to keep the rules consistent.

Exactly because average joe users would know how to find the correct forked versions and would be keeping an eye out for forks and what not.  Plus an influx of mildly technically capable miners would know to do the same thing. lol

If deepbit, BTCguild and slush switch to Version B, it's gameover for version A right there.

Just sayin'

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:26:10 PM

If mining is unprofitable, why would people mine?
If people don't mine, the network stagnates and transactions are impossible.
Bonus points:  If a lot of people aren't mining it is very easy for one guy and a stack of GPUs to do the 51% routine, and I know businesses aren't going to like that idea much!

No mining = no *coin.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
ditchmagnet

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:54:07 PM

I have some SC I want to exchange for BTC, any place to do that right now?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 08:39:07 PM

Sorry, seams like ScamCoin is out of commission. I've some SC too... I'll sell them for 1,000 BTC ea. (Hey! Now they're collectibles!  Grin )

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 08:45:42 PM

Sorry, seams like ScamCoin is out of commission. I've some SC too... I'll sell them for 1,000 BTC ea. (Hey! Now they're collectibles!  Grin )

Not really just take the old client and mine them a uber low difficulty. Voila!
ditchmagnet

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 08:49:35 PM

Eh, oh well...I only had like 78 anyways, but still wanted to get rid of them.  I thought I heard something about people in an IRC channel buying them?  Don't know why they would be though, so maybe I read that wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: