Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:23:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]GaltCoin - Full Release  (Read 16511 times)
plaxant (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:50:15 AM

Escape Ordinary Currency

GaltCoin

This is a pre-announcement of the estimated January 31st, 2014 release of GaltCoin.

Our plan is to allow those who support the development, either financially or otherwise, early access to the first 1000 blocks. After that we will shut down all mining until our estimated launch January 31st, 2014.

Anyone interested in joining our team, can PM myself here, or through the email on the website.

Features:
  • Scrypt Algorithm (ASIC Resistant)
  • 42 Million coin maximum
  • 50 coins per block until halving at every 420,000 blocks
  • Stable nodes
  • Only 1000 Blocks pre-mined for network testing, bounties and early access rewards

We are offering early access for a small fee to help cover network, and development costs. Early Access members will get the following. We are also offering early access to users who agree to commit to the development, marketing or community support of GaltCoin.

• 100 GaltCoins transferred to their wallet.(Only for paying members)
  • Priority support setting up your wallet, or miner
  • Access to the wallet and mining information
  • Future Early Access to all new tools developed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you guys were so impressed with the support you decided to let "them" continue mining?

Now the dev making alts/new accounts too....desperate attempt to hide the truth? *looks at posts above this*

No I am the founder of the coin, and g4lt is our lead developer.

care to elaborate on why the PREANN thread said mining will be limited to 1000 block for early adopters and resuming at launch? Which was today.

The early adopter program didn't actually open mining to anyone. We were offering to get people's mining rigs setup to work correctly for the time we launched. For a price, that price was to recoup my costs and to give us a a little money to spend on advertising and marketing.

In reality we had one local friend who paid me the $50 early access for me to come over setup his wallet and write his batch file so he could mine when we were ready. Had anyone been mining besides our testing network we would have shut down our nodes. We also posted an open beta last week that opened mining to the general public. If you missed it or ignored it that's not our problem.

plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:53:28 AM

This is really a good coin!

I have compiled over 30 different alt-coin wallets from source code
and noticed alot of other coins embed HUGE premining in the source code...
1 coin's code was for 2,200,000 coins for block 1

for eample, the COINo coin --- here's the subsidy code starts at line 830 in main.cpp :

int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
   int64 nSubsidy = 0;

if (nHeight < 2794284)
      nSubsidy = 35 * COIN;

if (nHeight < 140)
      nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;

if (nHeight == 1)
      nSubsidy = 2200000 * COIN;        <-------------- 2.2 Million coins premined 1st block!!!!!!

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I have also notice many other coins "slip" code like that in ....  sneaky devils

The galtcoin DOES NOT! Although a little premining is necessary for give-aways and promotions,
alot of coin developers probably keep most of the premined.

SO, THIS IS A GREAT COIN AND NO "BS" like the COINO coin i cited above!
Inspect the source code before criticizing a coin!

I support this coin - I think it is legit and also a very good idea. Smiley

There are 4 mining pools and the DIFFICULTY level of GLT has been increasing,
which indicates people are indeed mining it.

Although the dev. team said they didn't care about exchanges,
I think people should request that CRYPTSY ADD GLT - GaltCoin  Grin

If someone starts an ADD GALTCOIN on the CRYPTSY FORUMS to REQUEST NEW COINS,
I will definitely vote for GLT  Smiley   I'd like to see this coin on the exchange.

But how does that explain the preann thread announcing early adopters only being able to mine 1000 blocks?? The dev just decided to ignore what i pointed out

We actually never allowed anyone access to the first 1000 blocks, we offered them mining and wallet information. Had anyone mined outside our small test network the nodes would have been shutdown.

sender47

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

I see pretty low promotion :/ , I think that post about it in objectivist sites will be in some way useful... like in Galt's Gulch or so
an0n42

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:27:58 PM

I see pretty low promotion :/ , I think that post about it in objectivist sites will be in some way useful... like in Galt's Gulch or so

Agree.  Kind of disappointed by lack of interest in this.

Niche sites devoted to Rand are fairly popular online.  A few (very) carefully crafted forum posts could possibly work well.  I'd imagine that crypto currency would be interesting to the Rand crowd.

I was also thinking faucets or games, but then on the other hand, giving away Galtcoin wouldn't necessarily fall in line with the philosophies that perhaps the coin is trying to embody.

Some bounties might make a lot of sense at this point.

Still, I will mine for now.  If only because I always thought that Dagney Taggart was super hot.  Just kidding... sort of.  Huh
jenveno

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:53:49 PM

Mining away on the Galtcoin. Dagney would be proud.

A I R W A L L E T │    The Gold Standard of Airdrops  
 ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
g4lt

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

We've posted in Galt's Gulch Online already
kupiciel

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:29:24 PM

any pool works?
i've 8mhs and 10 minut no block.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:00:24 PM

any pool works?
i've 8mhs and 10 minut no block.

This pool is working:

https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/glt/index.php

FoodForThePoor

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:55:57 AM

Just who is John Galt anyway?

who cares, its a coin! you can mine it  Smiley

Apparently you didn't get the reference.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

The question posed through the 1957 novel series over and over again is, "Who is John Galt?"

Galt is acknowledged to be a philosopher and inventor; he believes in the power and glory of the human mind, and the right of the individual to use his/her mind solely for him/herself.

I found it quite interesting that a revolutionary coin was "coined" after a revolutionary thinker.

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:53:35 AM

Where is John Galt? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere ATM.

FoodForThePoor

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 07:02:09 AM

Where is John Galt? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere ATM.

Dagny Taggart would be proud of you!  I just hope the "John Galt Express" will take me "to the moon" so I can visit my shibes in space.
MMos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:03:53 AM

Escape Ordinary Currency

GaltCoin

This is a pre-announcement of the estimated January 31st, 2014 release of GaltCoin.

Our plan is to allow those who support the development, either financially or otherwise, early access to the first 1000 blocks. After that we will shut down all mining until our estimated launch January 31st, 2014.

Anyone interested in joining our team, can PM myself here, or through the email on the website.

Features:
  • Stable nodes
  • Only 1000 Blocks pre-mined for network testing, bounties and early access rewards

We are offering early access for a small fee to help cover network, and development costs. Early Access members will get the following. We are also offering early access to users who agree to commit to the development, marketing or community support of GaltCoin.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you guys were so impressed with the support you decided to let "them" continue mining?

Now the dev making alts/new accounts too....desperate attempt to hide the truth? *looks at posts above this*

care to elaborate on why the PREANN thread said mining will be limited to 1000 block for early adopters and resuming at launch? Which was today.

The early adopter program didn't actually open mining to anyone. We were offering to get people's mining rigs setup to work correctly for the time we launched. For a price, that price was to recoup my costs and to give us a a little money to spend on advertising and marketing.

In reality we had one local friend who paid me the $50 early access for me to come over setup his wallet and write his batch file so he could mine when we were ready. Had anyone been mining besides our testing network we would have shut down our nodes. We also posted an open beta last week that opened mining to the general public. If you missed it or ignored it that's not our problem.
I quoted your original post and this what you got to say to explain? Please enlighten us as to where you mentioned this? And it clearly said mining start on January 31 after the 1000 blocks. I will take a leave now and you can carry your own convo with all "your supporters" Cheesy
Lets do the math here: fail dev + coingen = another alt coin abortion

plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:28:38 AM

Escape Ordinary Currency

GaltCoin

Features:
  • Stable nodes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I quoted your original post and this what you got to say to explain? Please enlighten us as to where you mentioned this? And it clearly said mining start on January 31 after the 1000 blocks. I will take a leave now and you can carry your own convo with all "your supporters" Cheesy
Lets do the math here: fail dev + coingen = another alt coin abortion

I can talk in large bold font too. We where trying to raise money to recoup costs and to have a little extra money for marketing end of story, they merely were going to get a reward from the first 1000 blocks. It might have been a poorly worded post, but holy crap you need to calm down. And we're doing just fine, I looked before bed last night and our two week old coin has had 4 pools created with 25Mh/s running on the network. That I consider a success considering all you jackwads who want to do nothing but complain. If you don't like how a coin is managed, or created don't participate plain and simple

FamilyDinner

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:19:46 PM

So sorry to interrupt the bromance-drama that's been going on around here.

But, where are the miners? The pools are bare.
plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 04:41:33 PM

So sorry to interrupt the bromance-drama that's been going on around here.

But, where are the miners? The pools are bare.

I noticed, there's still one pool that's semi active. I guess since we're not willing to bribe the exchanges to get listed some people are not mining in favor of the pump and dump coins.

The Grinder

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:45:31 PM

I know that Mister Galt doesn't appreciate mooching but I'm still kindly asking for some coins.  Grin

1NcdrntAbfbz84khNY2wfUtdzmGH2snX1U
plaxant (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:53:39 PM

I know that Mister Galt doesn't appreciate mooching but I'm still kindly asking for some coins.  Grin

1NcdrntAbfbz84khNY2wfUtdzmGH2snX1U

Provide something of value and I will gladly pay you for your time.

Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

We miners needn't exchange at the begining, not realy shortly after coin arrived, but nobody will mine coin about we never heared. Attract people.. make give away, some advertisement, nice logo, some colored pictures about coin and so on and miners will come... Else u will mine it along and nobody exept you will need it.
g4lt

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

We miners needn't exchange at the begining, not realy shortly after coin arrived, but nobody will mine coin about we never heared. Attract people.. make give away, some advertisement, nice logo, some colored pictures about coin and so on and miners will come... Else u will mine it along and nobody exept you will need it.

We were never apprised of the fact that the miners had a representative, nor would we recognize one if they did.  When you realize that you can only represent yourself, we'll talk.
FamilyDinner

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:37:24 AM

We were never apprised of the fact that the miners had a representative, nor would we recognize one if they did.  When you realize that you can only represent yourself, we'll talk.

The poor chap was just suggesting that you need more promotions.
And I agree. You really could use some promotions to attract people, maybe the like minded people.
Tell them that GaltCoin exists.

Four pools, that's good. But they worth nothing if no miners are mining on them.

This is an example, not a very good one.
I know you're avoiding giveaway threads, beside I heard that such threads are not permitted anymore.
But perhaps, you can offer some GLT/month for people's signatures based on how much they post?

And I'm not representing anyone but myself, by the way. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: