Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:50:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should NOT determine the market  (Read 2950 times)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:02:42 PM

Yes, but unfortunately the situation on the marker says differently, bitcoin influenced is so high in the cryptocurrency market so domination of bitcoin still exist. I don't when this situation will be changed.
Probably will take a long time dude. As we all can see, the market is so dominated by btc that it very seldom moves against it or by it's own. Crypto is still widely seen by those outside the community as bitcoin.

Not only that, bitcoin's not infrequently used by investors, as a basis for the growth indicator of all crypto currencies, even some, who call it a shield of cryptocurrency defense, so it's not surprising if in the end bitcoin is considered as a market determinant. In that case which determines the market price actually, only supply and demand.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:50:55 PM

Yes bitcoin should determines the market

Why because there are lot's of valueless  and no goal or some coins that might have lost there goals and still trading in the market. It's dangerous if we left the market on to them again and that's why we need the intervention of bitcoin
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:25:58 PM

I'm of the same opinion too. I hate seeing the rest of the cryptocurrency market take a swing each time bitcoin fall or rises. I believe with the introduction of more stable coins and pairing with most of the cryptocurrencies the altcoins will start showing a little resistance to bitcoin's movement.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:45:15 PM

yes, I agree with you that bitcoin does not fully determine the ups and downs of prices of the entire market. but in my opinion, the rise and fall of bitcoin affects some altcoins but not all of them. maybe because bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency, then there are several other coins that follow. I believe in the future there will definitely be a better, trusted system that will determine the entire market. and that's just my own thinking.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:52:42 PM

I'm of the same opinion too. I hate seeing the rest of the cryptocurrency market take a swing each time bitcoin fall or rises. I believe with the introduction of more stable coins and pairing with most of the cryptocurrencies the altcoins will start showing a little resistance to bitcoin's movement.

This is a new step to see prices rise again from a few months ago but this is not the price that everyone expects for now.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:24:35 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Just some thoughts, what do yall think??

Cryptocurrency market just 9 years old and bitcoin as pioneer in cryptomarket. Bitcoin become main crypto in market because the value and liquidity is biggest in market. It is true that bitcoin dominant should be not more than 50% because it make altcoin can not grow

mikhailkudig

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:03:09 PM

I fully agree with this statement. Of course, there should be relative freedom in the cryptocurrency market, they can not all depend on one.
Bytem3

Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:18:51 AM

As long as most coins are trading only with Bitcoin that’s gonna be the case. You can see how Binance coin does not follow Bitcoin since it has plenty other pairs.

I think stablecoins such as DAI can solve this issue.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:30:08 AM

Bitcoin is the number one on the market with large number of investors (largest market cap). This has made Bitcoin to have a lot of influence on the entire market. Most coins are also paired to Bitcoin on the exchanges, hence an increase or decrease in Bitcoin price affect the coins paired to it.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:21:47 AM

its all because bitcoin is the king, and many coin or other altcoin need bitcoin to convert it into real money, because the cryptocurrency dominant in bitcoin, every exchanger usually receive bitcoin payment than other payment right? so other people that have other coin like Zcash, NEO need to change it into bitcoin before withdraw the real money

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
molla_corda

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

I totally agree. Any monopoly in any sphere implies a weakening of the market or structure. In the absence of competition, institutions quickly atrophy and cease to develop, resulting in stagnation. In the crypto-currency environment, this can lead to a slowdown in the development of technologies and it progress.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Bitfling

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:10:00 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Its good that we should put bitcoin in better place but most people involve in crypto always want make a speculation and make profits from it. Bitcoin is new monetary system model and i am believe people involve in cryptocurrency will make it better
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:12:00 AM

Yes, I also think that the current situation with cryptocurrency prices is too abnormal due to the dominance of Bitcoin in price over other types of cryptocurrency. This is especially evident this year, because after the fall of Bitcoin in December last year, the entire cryptocurrency fell in price and the market almost froze for a whole year. Such a situation is very difficult to call the market at all, since cryptocurrency actually has no price. At the same time, I do not think that this will continue for a very long time. The market will find a way out of this situation.

Yes..Because the bitcoin is a kinds of coins and it depend the value on currency either it is high and low price. The market as well depend the government.
wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:59:04 PM

Yes, I also think that the current situation with cryptocurrency prices is too abnormal due to the dominance of Bitcoin in price over other types of cryptocurrency. This is especially evident this year, because after the fall of Bitcoin in December last year, the entire cryptocurrency fell in price and the market almost froze for a whole year. Such a situation is very difficult to call the market at all, since cryptocurrency actually has no price. At the same time, I do not think that this will continue for a very long time. The market will find a way out of this situation.

Yes..Because the bitcoin is a kinds of coins and it depend the value on currency either it is high and low price. The market as well depend the government.

Every coins is like an Ico projects that every coins have a own way to release and every project is also different compare it to other coins and also for their names.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

Saying that bitcoin should not determine the market price and coin circulation is like asking nature not to determine how natural occurrences of the day should be. Bitcoin is like a brand name, it's is like a category name even. Once you hear blockchain and cryptocurrency, you think bitcoin. So whatever it is happening with bitcoin will surely affect other coins too. Take for instance, if the bitcoin drops this minute, other feeble heart holders of the bitcoin will tend to sell of their coins in fear of loosing it to nothing. This will affect other coins on the exchange system. people might say, since the almighty bitcoin is loosing its value today, other coins might phase out soon so in that case let me self off these coins before the market depression hits me.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:43:26 PM

The cryptocurrency market is a decentralized market and bitcoin does not entirely control the cryptocurrency market but bitcoin can influence the market on a high note, bitcoin most time take the lead whenever it comes to price movement and since bitcoin is the mother coin all other cryptocurrencies depend on it for price moves.
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

Bitcoin is the first and most popular cryptocurrency, bitcoin also has the biggest influence and has gained investor confidence, and therefore bitcoin has a major influence on the crypto market.

mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:15:17 PM

Bitcoin is the best crypto currency in the world. They are in the top position of the market. Almost every coins are follows their strategy. That’s why some grope of peoples are saying that bitcoin determine the market. But i can’t agree with them.
Bitcoin is the first growing digital currency in the world. I started my online carrier with BTC when it's rapidly spreading. Bitcoin dominating over the whole crypto platform i think. And that's why BTC determine the market value i thought that in my sense. I don't know why you going to disagree.    

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
voanquan

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:30:01 PM

Bitcoin is the best crypto currency in the world. They are in the top position of the market. Almost every coins are follows their strategy. That’s why some grope of peoples are saying that bitcoin determine the market. But i can’t agree with them.
Bitcoin is the first growing digital currency in the world. I started my online carrier with BTC when it's rapidly spreading. Bitcoin dominating over the whole crypto platform i think. And that's why BTC determine the market value i thought that in my sense. I don't know why you going to disagree.    
I agree with you, Bitcoin is too familiar and has a certain position in the heart of everyone. With the number of investment capital in the top one of the market, there is no reason Bitcoin can not determine the market.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:33:01 PM

Have you ever seen a weak king make a small country into a high power? So when the Bitcoin dump causes all of the ALtcoins to be affected, but it goes up quickly enough to take its entire population up fast. Do not worry when things get worse just because it's terrible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: