Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canelo Alvarez tested positive on a banned substance  (Read 468 times)
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

Its final: NSAC has suspended Canelo Alvarez for 6 months.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to extend Canelo Alvarez’s temporary suspension to six months at its monthly meeting in Las Vegas.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-suspended-six-months-failing-ped-tests--127289

So most likely the rematch with Golovkin will happen around September. Golovkin though will still push for the supposedly schedule fight on May 5 against Vanes Martirosyan.

So its being concluded and for boxing fans out there 6 months suspension is much better than 1 year which supposedly to have that decision and its been reduced.

According to the article:

Alvarez acknowledged that clenbuterol was in his system when he twice tested positive in February, but the former super welterweight and middleweight champion didn’t admit intent to use that banned substance.

Admit or not, or whatsoever the reason the decision had been made already.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:47:02 PM

Its final: NSAC has suspended Canelo Alvarez for 6 months.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to extend Canelo Alvarez’s temporary suspension to six months at its monthly meeting in Las Vegas.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-suspended-six-months-failing-ped-tests--127289

So most likely the rematch with Golovkin will happen around September. Golovkin though will still push for the supposedly schedule fight on May 5 against Vanes Martirosyan.

OK. So we are almost there. GGG vs Vanes this "Cinco De Mayo"

Who you got?

The favorite here is GGG and its just a question on what round should he KO or TKO Vanes. GGG looks solid again while Vanes weigh in below at 159.6 lbs. And Vanes was out of action for about 2 years so I wouldn't be surprised if we gonna see some ring rust and GGG taking advantage of it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:13:47 PM

I don't know if boxing fans here are aware of the latest news:

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article32541.html

They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

What's your take on this?

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.

I thinks on the first fight  the real winner is Gennady Golovkin because he landed more  sloid punch on there first , rather than alvarez and we prove that alvarez he is a cheater by using a substance known clenbuterol that found in the meat they eat,so therefore maybe the fight GGG vs Alvarez  maybe cancelled or not  but  in my own thought golovkin prove that he is now the true p4p king,because he fight cleaned without cheated and  thats the nature of real fighters.

Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:00:16 AM

For those who have yet to hear, it was announced on Monday that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had tested positive for “trace levels” of Clenbuterol during voluntary pre-fight screening for banned substances ahead of his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

They blame it on the contaminated meat in Mexico which is really plaguing the country now. But I don't know if this is intentional or what and they are pointing fingers to the meat industry for using Clen to raised and breed their cattles to be more lean with less fat on it.

But I hope that GGG vs Alvarez II will push thru this May to settle once and for all who is the true p4p king.

I thinks on the first fight  the real winner is Gennady Golovkin because he landed more  sloid punch on there first , rather than alvarez and we prove that alvarez he is a cheater by using a substance known clenbuterol that found in the meat they eat,so therefore maybe the fight GGG vs Alvarez  maybe cancelled or not  but  in my own thought golovkin prove that he is now the true p4p king,because he fight cleaned without cheated and  thats the nature of real fighters.

Yes, I agree with you that Golovkin is the real winner on their first fight in my opinion. However, the judges sees otherwise. That's why a second fight is needed to settle who's really the best p4p. They have their excuses about the Clen thing, and he was already suspended. So we need to wait a little bit longer and hope that they will fight again in the future. On the other hand, GGG is fighting again and I hope he win convincingly and send the message to the division. If I'm not mistaken he is chasing Hopkins record of 20 title defense in the Middle Division. Let's see if he can tie the record and go after Canelo to break it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:01:47 AM

Yes, I agree with you that Golovkin is the real winner on their first fight in my opinion. However, the judges sees otherwise. That's why a second fight is needed to settle who's really the best p4p. They have their excuses about the Clen thing, and he was already suspended. So we need to wait a little bit longer and hope that they will fight again in the future. On the other hand, GGG is fighting again and I hope he win convincingly and send the message to the division. If I'm not mistaken he is chasing Hopkins record of 20 title defense in the Middle Division. Let's see if he can tie the record and go after Canelo to break it.

Well, GGG proves who is the King of the Middleweight division, by taking out Vanes in just 2 rounds, Lol. I though Vanes could keep it with GGG at least 4-5 rounds but I guess he really too much. Note: It was Vanes' first KO loss in his 13 year old career. So GGG now tied BHop's record for most title defenses in MW at 20. Can he break the record with a fight with Canelo next year? Remains to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tWB0jeGZAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hIH__KHQQU - Post Fight Interview

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

I thinks on the first fight  the real winner is Gennady Golovkin because he landed more  sloid punch on there first , rather than alvarez and we prove that alvarez he is a cheater by using a substance known clenbuterol that found in the meat they eat,so therefore maybe the fight GGG vs Alvarez  maybe cancelled or not  but  in my own thought golovkin prove that he is now the true p4p king,because he fight cleaned without cheated and  thats the nature of real fighters.

Well, GGG proves who is the King of the Middleweight division, by taking out Vanes in just 2 rounds, Lol. I though Vanes could keep it with GGG at least 4-5 rounds but I guess he really too much. Note: It was Vanes' first KO loss in his 13 year old career. So GGG now tied BHop's record for most title defenses in MW at 20. Can he break the record with a fight with Canelo next year? Remains to be seen.

Who could blamed Vanes for not taking the fight though? He hasn't fought for at least a year and not a true MW. I know he campaigns at 154 lbs and that's his division. But going up to 160 and fighting a champion like triple G is a opportunity not to be missed, I'm sure he got a good payday as well. Remember that Triple G hits Canelo with that kind of shot but Canelo didn't go down. So the real fight is really between those two. This fight is just like a workout for Triple G and he hasn't break any sweet yet. So let's wait and see if the fight is still open when the suspension on Canelo is lift next year.

Note: Vanes' manager is Don King, quite surprise that he is still managing boxers still after the much publicized Tyson case.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:22:51 PM

I thinks on the first fight  the real winner is Gennady Golovkin because he landed more  sloid punch on there first , rather than alvarez and we prove that alvarez he is a cheater by using a substance known clenbuterol that found in the meat they eat,so therefore maybe the fight GGG vs Alvarez  maybe cancelled or not  but  in my own thought golovkin prove that he is now the true p4p king,because he fight cleaned without cheated and  thats the nature of real fighters.

Who could blamed Vanes for not taking the fight though? He hasn't fought for at least a year and not a true MW. I know he campaigns at 154 lbs and that's his division. But going up to 160 and fighting a champion like triple G is a opportunity not to be missed, I'm sure he got a good payday as well. Remember that Triple G hits Canelo with that kind of shot but Canelo didn't go down. So the real fight is really between those two. This fight is just like a workout for Triple G and he hasn't break any sweet yet. So let's wait and see if the fight is still open when the suspension on Canelo is lift next year.

Note: Vanes' manager is Don King, quite surprise that he is still managing boxers still after the much publicized Tyson case.

Yes, I agree with you mate. Maybe they can't really find a suitable fighter that is willing to face one of the dangerous boxers we have right now. But I'm not really sure if Vanes really got a huge pay. As you have said, he has a long layoff and not even at par with GGG. I guess GGG camp is somewhat close to Don King  that's why he got the fight in just a short notice.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:28:01 PM

Yes, I agree with you mate. Maybe they can't really find a suitable fighter that is willing to face one of the dangerous boxers we have right now. But I'm not really sure if Vanes really got a huge pay. As you have said, he has a long layoff and not even at par with GGG. I guess GGG camp is somewhat close to Don King  that's why he got the fight in just a short notice.
Vanes taking a crack at Canelo Alvarez regarding PEDs found on his system:

Martirosyan: Now I See Why Canelo's Eating That Kind of Meat!

CARSON, California – Vanes Martirosyan had a sense of humor about being brutally knocked out by Gennady Golovkin late Saturday night. When asked afterward what advice he would give to any of Golovkin’s future opponents, Martirosyan took a shot at Canelo Alvarez, the suspended superstar he replaced on short notice Saturday night. “Canelo has a lot to prove,” Martirosyan said. “I see why he’s eating that kind of meat, because he wanted to get the extra edge. You know, the man is the real deal. I mean, he’s 36 years old and he’s still fighting like that. You know, he is the real deal. I mean, I’ve faced a lot of fighters in the gym. I’ve actually sparred with heavyweights, cruiserweights. Every single power [punch] he landed, every single shot was the same power. And that kind of got me.

https://www.boxingscene.com/martirosyan-now-i-see-why-canelos-eating-kind-meat--127897

Again, he was clearly beaten and outclassed by Triple G. Just funny that we was able to crack jokes after his devastating lost. He made the wrong game plan of fighting toe-to-toe with one of the dangerous boxer right now. Let's hope that the fight with Alvarez will really push through this September (according to Golden Boy).

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

Ok after so much drama surrounding part 2 of the GGG-Canelo fight, it looks like it will finally push through after the negotiations failed when Golovkin, after winning our Vanes wanted to have a lion share of the split. However, Alvarez and Golden Boy was pissed because it was already agreed about the pursed initially. But after so much back and forth war of words. Oscar was able to save the fight with GGG getting 42.5% as opposed to his 50% which he is initially asking. So we are finally getting another good fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/golden-boy-prez-hail-mary-de-la-hoya-saved-canelo-ggg-2--129081

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████