Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brisbane International Airport Now Accept Cryptocurrencies  (Read 927 times)
laiya94 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

I recently heard that Brisbane International Airport (Australia) now accepts bitcoin and various cryptocurrency payments. Since it is third busiest airport in Australia and every merchant of airport accepts cryptocurrency payments it will be a great news for crypto enthusiasts. This project lead by Australian payment provider Travelbybit.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:13:23 AM

Few days ago Australian govt. applied lots of money for blockchain  research  based on this the good news come the Brisbane International Airport is accepting crypto currency based on this the way of transaction make easier and this will be encourage Australian people for trading because many people will like to invest here.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:24:43 PM

Australia is pro-crypto, and I’m glad they’ve started to put bitcoin to real use! This could serve as an effective model to the still-skeptical countries.

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:28:14 PM

It's not the first time I hear about acceptance of a bitcoin by a company or store. But this one is really amazing. That giant airport can really affect bitcoin to become more popular. It's great.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 01:42:01 AM

Perhaps this is the outcome of the G20, where Australia was one of the open countries for cryptocurrencies as a whole.
I have heard before that Australia has started by regulating cryptocurrencies internally by requiring the exchange of registration with anti-money laundering agencies.
So I do not expect rapid acceptance of cryptos, but the positive outlook will pave the way with all certainty.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:27:51 AM

This is a good start for australia. Brisbane has a lot of travellers in and out and this will probably be a good way to promote the use of crypto in their country. Australia has been open to usage of cryptocurrency. This could be a good start to influence the use of crypto in the whole of australia.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:33:14 AM

Article Link: Brisbane International is Now the World’s First Crypto-Friendly Airport (https://news.bitcoin.com/brisbane-international-is-now-the-worlds-first-crypto-friendly-airport)

I wonder how it works on their side though; on how much confirmations they require per transaction before actually making it valid.

But anyway, this is a great solution due to people from airports holding different kinds of currency. Like if I were to go to a foreign country, I could use bitcoin to purchase stuff from the airport instead of needing to convert my local currency to the foreign country's currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:27:37 AM

This is really good news to the investors of the crypto currency. It proves that crypto currency is getting more familiar and one day it will be used all over the world in full swing. Now bitcoin users can have relief. This will probably increase the demand of the bitcoin as well as the crypto currency and price will increase.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:30:47 AM

Australia is pro-crypto, and I’m glad they’ve started to put bitcoin to real use! This could serve as an effective model to the still-skeptical countries.

I heard so many good news in Australia about cryptocurrency and I really believe this can affect the market. Its good to hear that they finally use the system of cryptocurrency and I hope many big companies will follow the decision of their government to adopt cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency will be use globally in the future, and this is a good step for one big country.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 11:34:19 AM

Good news for traveler like me, so i dont need bring a lot of money for traveling just wallet/privkey with some bitcoin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
samcun

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:37:09 AM

this is an advancement in which the crypto currency is already known in a country and can accept crypto currency.

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:39:23 AM

of course the acceptance of cryptocurrencies become legal payments is not a new thing, but this is a very great move considering that the airport is a place that has high financial traffic.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

I wonder how it works on their side though; on how much confirmations they require per transaction before actually making it valid.

Since they know who you are then this should not be a big deal. In case the transaction dropped from the chain for a reason or another they can contact you and ask you to repay via cryptocurrencies again or via fiat, this could be done for every merchant, giving something that grants the payment will be done, btw waiting for at least 1 confirmation should not be a problem.

keninu

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:51:16 AM

More and more companies are receiving Cryptocurrency as a means of payment, and this is good news. this is a sign of progress on Crypto, I hope this will continue, and more and more companies, shops, hotels, tourist attractions, and more. which accepts Cryptocurrency as its payment tool.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

Travelbybit have assimilated an entire town Borg style too - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-03/australias-first-digital-currency-friendly-town/9828306?pfmredir=sm

Airports are a very natural fit for crypto. The amount of times I've been a few pennies short of the local currency to buy something. Using a card might cost me another $2-3 in currency fees, even more in stone age banking holes like the USA.
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:03:38 PM

I recently heard that Brisbane International Airport (Australia) now accepts bitcoin and various cryptocurrency payments. Since it is third busiest airport in Australia and every merchant of airport accepts cryptocurrency payments it will be a great news for crypto enthusiasts. This project lead by Australian payment provider Travelbybit.
This is really a great news because it can surely affect the adoption of cryptocurrencies knowing that this is one of the airport that has the most flights in the world if im not mistaken. And also all merchants from there will also starts to accept crypto as payment. Im just wondering how they process every transactions? I mean do they use a third party payment processors? Because they are surely risking their sales if not because cryptocurrency are not a stable currency.
liberty02

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:19:10 PM

That is great news for cryptocurrency. This will pave the way for other businesses as well around  the area to spread the acceptance of crypto in their transactions leading to consumers and spread out exponentially. This is really a good indication that crypo is slowly being accepted as another way to transact and pay for goods and services.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:30:12 PM

Since they know who you are then this should not be a big deal. In case the transaction dropped from the chain for a reason or another they can contact you and ask you to repay via cryptocurrencies again or via fiat, this could be done for every merchant, giving something that grants the payment will be done, btw waiting for at least 1 confirmation should not be a problem.

Well that makes sense. Though actually not every stores actually know you are since I'm slightly sure not all merchants on the Brisbane Airport requires some sort of identification for you to purchase there. Probably 0 confirmations for small purchases and 1 confirmation requirement for more highly valued purchases.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coromabur

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:39:10 PM

That's probably because Australia is one of the most open countries about cryptocurrency, I also hope that governments of every country that have not legalized bitcoin will open their eyes after seeing what the Australian government does and cryptocurrency will be the legitimate currency in every country.
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:21:10 PM

Yes, I've heard that all merchants and airport terminals accept a few digital things, such as bitcoyne major, sprint, aetherum and steem, which makes it one of the most friendly airports with crypto currency in the world.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a named "bitcoyne major", "sprint", and "aetherum". I don't even know how you could even misspell them THAT bad. And yea, I'm also pretty sure Steem isn't being used as payment anywhere.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████