Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one will make us rich in 12 months?  (Read 4286 times)
lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:18:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPmAFQ5LmVU
goebat

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:26:37 AM

look for the underdogs, a promising coin that everyone hates or no one gives a shit about. that coin will make u rich

Best advice I have seen on these forums when it comes to investing. The Hyped coins will never make you rich, will make you profits sure but not rich.

I know which horse I am backing and no one is even taking notice.

Do tell...

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:37:39 AM

look for the underdogs, a promising coin that everyone hates or no one gives a shit about. that coin will make u rich

Best advice I have seen on these forums when it comes to investing. The Hyped coins will never make you rich, will make you profits sure but not rich.

I like WDC in that sense. Still has a very low price, great development and community, but doesn't necessarily have the sexiness or 'newness' of some of the recent alt's. Just like stocks, you should aim to buy low- the un-hyped is where you should be looking.

sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:53:31 AM

I like WDC in that sense. Still has a very low price, great development and community, but doesn't necessarily have the sexiness or 'newness' of some of the recent alt's. Just like stocks, you should aim to buy low- the un-hyped is where you should be looking.

I've bought some cheap WDC. It's not enough to make me rich, but it will be a fun ride.
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

But so many coins now. Look for one which has strong dev-support and some real innovation behind it, and not simply a clone of other coins. Those will be the next to rise.

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:57:19 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:13:16 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

#lickit
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

Don't people say that about most coins? Hype or no hype there needs to be something more behind a coin or it's going nowhere.
bitcoin lover

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:21:40 PM

leafcoin is gonna take a big rise in price i can feel it
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:24:06 PM

leafcoin is gonna take a big rise in price i can feel it

you could have at least said leafcoin is going to grow lol 

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:54:16 PM

I think the coins that will make it are those with absolutely no premine. It wont be one coin, it will be several (unfortunately) but I thiknk 5~10 will survive in 10 years and there will always be 100s of altcoins coming, wasting people's hashrate and going to ZERO.

Premined coin is complete scam if you ask me. Its like saying those who are in the US Mint making the new $100 bills are allowed to take a few BILLION because of their hard work and for giveaways and stuff while the rest of you have to work hard, spend $10 on electricity and get 400 coins daily. Then the developers start slowly shifting their own coins to BITCOIN and telling you to hold on because it will go to the mars.  DOGE, BIT, NET and LITE were not premined thats why they made it so far.

If you ask me the only coins I see are those four (DOGE, BIT, NET and LITE) that will make it through these altcoin failures that end up miners with hige electricity bills and nothing in coins really like those who mined MOON when it was 30 Satoshi and watch it fall and they STILL mine it for some dumb reason. Heck there are even people minig TAG while is a 100% scam and it was even removed from coinwarz.
romanmahar

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

I don't know what I was expecting from this thread. Clearly the answer's not so clear cut.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:23:11 PM

Is this a question or an advertisment?

Kiss

these questions are always advertisements lol

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:24:14 PM

When I've perfected my time-machine I'll come back and tell you.

[edit] Wyld Stallyonscoins [/edit]

moreporknz

Activity: 212

Ok, Who's hungry?

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:04:30 AM

I'm all in on digitalcoin and worldcoin...   Big development and both coins only growing in price, development and community.  Digitalcoin is by far the most undervalued coin, still has the original developer working on it and a usd exchange for it is opening in a weeks time.  I would be surprised if these coins dont reach ltc current price by end of the year Smiley

Also helps that they both have names suitable for wide adoption by your average Joe and fast transfer times.

3 - 2 - 1 @ 220, the only way to go!
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:10:43 AM

Will? No.
May? Yes.

As for those underdogs, it may be hard to tell which one survives and which one not .... some of them die, some of them (like TIPS) were quite close to death at one time, most will just live without much chance to get to any exchange or having any real value.

The more the coin is closer to death (and thus cheaper to purchase some reasonable amount), the more risk that your investment will just die, but the more profit if the coin takes second breath and will live again. Could be even better if you are able to help the coin somehow after you buy it - though that depends on your skills (are you are good at server administration, programming, or social network manipulation?) in relevant areas of expertise and amount of time or further investments (lack of skill and/or time can usually be solved by setting up some bounty for that task Smiley you are willing to sacrifice for that.

Sometimes the best strategy for a coin would not be to invest X in a coin, but invest perhaps X*0.7 in buying the coins and X*0.3 into improving the coins somehow (setting bounties for tasks that are likely to increase the coin value).

You have to choose coins according of how big risk are you willing to take and how much of time are you willing to spend by caretaking your investment.

For example LTC is stable, so minimal caretaking here, just occasionally watch the exchange rate, but with more minor coins, you have to watch them more frequently - whether it is not going to die completely and then either intervene, trying to save it, or quickly sell remaining coins to minimize the loss. Some events also have influence on the coin, like adding to an exchange, so you may want to take advantage of them and either buy more in or sell some part based on what is the expected outcome of that event.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
unfocus

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:53:11 AM

Good underdogs, here:

I want to share my honest opinion why the StarTrek coins should seriously be looked at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444046

Just get 0.1 BTC worth, very little risk, big potential upside.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: