Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have learnt my lessons  (Read 23562 times)
Reza1893

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:21:18 PM

It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

Yes I've done the same thing as you, but for now I try to be patient and try to use holding tactics. It is true that in a hurry is a very painful and unfortunate thing.
although I get a coin from bounty or free, the rush is a big mistake.

C E N T I V E.ORG | Blockchain-based Incentive Network
                     | TokenSale: AUGUST 31st, 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:23:17 PM

There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

if you are doing bounty for a living then better sell before it drops heavily. but if you have earned and stable, then you are ready to hold a certain coin which you wish to pump. it is true that panic selling is not a good thing i have tried it too and regret my decision.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:25:09 PM

I agree with you selling at ico price or below it is just for losers, as people mostly invest in lots of ICOs, not selling below ico price and waiting might be good strategy if the projects you invest in are not scam.

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:30:11 PM

Sometimes it is a good to sell below the ICO price, particularly if the project is about to tank. Definitely don't use this rule for all projects, but it certainly does apply to high potential projects, as even if they dip below ICO price, it is usually only transient.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:31:50 PM

Mistakes of most of the newbies and dumpers as well including myself but for my case is necessary because I badly needed the money so I need to cash out some of my tokens almost 50% of it, knowing that it will gain X3 in just 1 month after the 2nd exchange launch I shoulda waited for that moment, so don't sell immediately if you know that your ICO is legit most importantly if they are good in the long-term holding.
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

I learned valuable lessons when investing in electronic money:
1. Make money is not difficult but not a simple thing.
2. In business must know the exact guessing time, not too hasty nor slow.
3. Must be brave, have a strategic vision of the currency they hold.
senopratama

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

learning from experience is indeed the best. so it will know when the time is right to sell and when to start buying a good time. of course, this is just a matter of actual patient only. as a result of which many fear sometimes bounty price fall so selling very low-far below the ICO. If patient a couple of months and finally the price could be higher than ICO so imagine what a disappointment that sells at a price that is too cheap.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:52:35 PM

Those are some basic things that you should have known before investing/selling off your coins. If you went through the forums regularly, you will often see threads popping up were people states the exact mistakes that you have done. Sadly most of the people just ignores it unless they suffered. Now think of this suffering/loss as a form of spending money to learn something (in a hard way).

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:19:02 PM

I also strongly agree with your statement.
it would be better if you hold the tokens you have do not sell in a cheap price state
I hate to say this but good for him, atleast he did know what happens when he panicked and sell easily. We learned from our mistakes, not only him but personally i share the same experience just like him, and we don't want to happen that again.
I really do not hate to say it, which is good for him and any other person in his position. At the same time, I still thank them so much, because they are the reason I actually get a lot of gains after buying tokens that investors bought at a higher price during ICO at a lesser price.

It is good he is learning from or has learned from his mistakes, but I am sure a lot of people still would not most of the time, and they are the set of people that always cry wolf when they see what they have held in the past doing huge in percentage in the long run. 'I used to hold that coin or token' is not an excuse.
Masha.G

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:28:55 PM

Yes I've done the same thing as you, but for now I try to be patient and try to use holding tactics. It is true that in a hurry is a very painful and unfortunate thing.
although I get a coin from bounty or free, the rush is a big mistake.

It is great story for people who have zero patience and sell immediately when they just got their tokens or 15% profit for example.
But I had such situation when patience played the role against me. I had one coin that was $0.1 on ICO. Some coins I had from airdrop but the most I bought. And this coin went to $1. I got x10 and it was a lot of money because I bought for almost all that I had that time!
And I decided not to cash out but hold. It began to dip. I hold. It continue dipping. I hold. Now this coin is $0.03. Make your conclusion
hengha

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:54:06 AM

Your analysis is very reasonable. Thank you for sharing. I think these practices are experienced by every investor who has just entered the cryptocurrency market. Because everyone fears the risks in the investment market, they are willing to choose short-term trading as the main transaction. Means, the result missed a lot of money-making opportunities!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:02:53 AM

It was a very valuable experience and should be used as a lesson for the future can be better. Crypto is basically better off trying it first in order to be able to figure out what to do. with a try straight then it will know the steps to take each experience constraints.

Mary Ofosuhene

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:19:36 AM

A very interesting piece which is worth reading. You deserve some credits for sharing.
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:25:26 AM

the key to success in crypto is patient and patient, not careless and unafraid when the market is down, not easily affected by bad news, restraint and self-control is a successful person's attitude.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:40:19 AM

Crypto market is a market of patience but if you see the opportunity to sell, do it.

But if you are in the wrong timing and you know better on what you are doing, trust your belief and don't sell as long as you are in loss. Some will tell you to cut losses but everyone who are doing it without any remedy of investing to another coin is you'll get stuck with loss.

Truly correction suggestions from you mate need to learn and focus  monitor the altcoins they uave becayse the opportunity are in the gand of holder's when is the right time to sell their holding coin came from the bounty rewards or when the coins came from icos has put in n to he exchange.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

Crypto market is a market of patience but if you see the opportunity to sell, do it.

But if you are in the wrong timing and you know better on what you are doing, trust your belief and don't sell as long as you are in loss. Some will tell you to cut losses but everyone who are doing it without any remedy of investing to another coin is you'll get stuck with loss.
Truly correction suggestions from you mate need to learn and focus  monitor the altcoins they uave becayse the opportunity are in the gand of holder's when is the right time to sell their holding coin came from the bounty rewards or when the coins came from icos has put in n to he exchange.
Everything is in the hands of the holder/traders but if you know better what you do is something of a strategy and not just goes with luck.

It doesn't matter if it came from bounty rewards or it came from your investment in ICOs but the thing is that you should know what's happening with the coin that you invested.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jackflag

Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:04:52 AM

totally agree with you. On this market, care and patience are very important. But do not forget about greed. Sometimes we wait for the price to go higher but price dump and we miss the opportunity. It is very important make some  deadlines or %profits for closing trades.
kavindipa

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:13:02 AM

I have learnt my experience in near future. Because of my impatience I lost a great opportunity. One of my sold coin price increased x3 after I sold it. I learn my lessons. Crypto market needs more patience.
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:22:23 AM

Many tokens that are listed on the exchange are traded well below the ICO price. And this is a stable market trend. Unfortunately, only a few of all ICOs give a serious profit.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
puertorikosena

Activity: 742
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:40:40 AM

All right. There is no need to pursue superprofits and at the same time one should not rush to sell ahead of time. Or keep coins long term if you believe in this project.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: