Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have learnt my lessons  (Read 23562 times)
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 08:52:36 PM

Yes, each person had similar cases through which he had to go. I also had a case where I lost money because of my greed. I missed the moment when it was possible to sell the coin and now it is worth little. But like you, I have learned a lesson and will to be more reasonable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 03:50:33 PM

In fact, I am struck by the fact that many people drain coins after ISO without giving the project even start to develop , and I am struck by the fact that very few people use stop loss on their coin believing in their infinite growth . My tactic is simple, I do not sell coins immediately after receiving but I immediately throw them on the stock exchange and put stop losses , I'd better sell when falling and buy again at a better price .

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:14:33 PM

Unfortunately there are no rules for crypto market. They simply do not exist at the moment and this is great, because if we would start to regulate the crypto market it would become another centralised way of earning money and nothing more.
flemmings02

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:01:14 PM

Unfortunately there are no rules for crypto market. They simply do not exist at the moment and this is great, because if we would start to regulate the crypto market it would become another centralised way of earning money and nothing more.

That's why a lot of people always learn the hard way, they come into market with not enough informations about how things work, but after the hard lessons the would adapt to situation of things in crypto market.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:25:05 PM

There is no point crying over spilled milk. You made the best decision for you at that time, move on and be happy with it. It is possible for you to HODL the tokens and be x0.03 in loss, so be thankful.

Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:51:15 PM

Regardless of whether we invest, or hold,or promote a project, we have one goal — to make money and make a profit. As a rule, after ICO, the value of a coin falls several times. There are no rules of ethics on the market exchange, everyone acts as he considers profitable for him and everyone draws his own lesson for himself.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:00:55 PM

I think it's OK to sell below the ICO price if you did the bounty. It's OK to sell something for the price that suits you. And don't forget that you will need to cut the losses someday.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:12:35 PM

Even after Learning your lessons, greed will somehow defeat the lessons you learnt in your days of losses. You only have to be self aware and conscious of your investments,  5x gains is still not bad instead of letting loosing. 

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:22:52 PM

Even after Learning your lessons, greed will somehow defeat the lessons you learnt in your days of losses. You only have to be self aware and conscious of your investments,  5x gains is still not bad instead of letting loosing. 
5x is a very good result. I do not understand people who do not sell their coins that bring them such a huge profit

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:26:17 PM

It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.
I think you're lying when you write about what you are willing to be patient and wait to get profit.In fact, now many regret that they did not sell their tokens during their x's.There are also many projects tokens of which will never cost anything.Wait in this case is meaningless.Perhaps really because of promising projects and it is worth keeping their tokens as long as possible.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:38:42 PM

The main lesson for me was that there is no sense to keep all my bounties and believe in a growth of these tokens, especially during bear market.
oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 08:39:53 PM

I agree with some of your lessons. But there are also wrong statements (as for me). 'It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price' I think it's stupid, some investors had special prices which are less than ico price. Also you don't know when it's better to sell. It would be better to make universal strategy. For example, selling on different levels, like 25% of tokens when you made x2, 25% when x4. And half of coins hold on long term.

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:52:33 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 07:52:04 AM by gensol

Have you thought about what would've happened if you held and the price crashed on you? The point is learn to take profit when you see it be content with it.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:54:05 PM

for now it is very difficult to expect the price of ico to increase by 10x which is just the opposite, but it is true there are some ico that might rise 1-10x it's just rare and maybe we don't have tokens in my opinion there is good doing SODL to avoid things like that
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 08:56:58 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:20:11 AM by serejandmyself

The account was hacked between 29.01.2018 and 04.02.2019. All posts made during this period were not made by me.

Please see this topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106030.msg49582645#msg49582645

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:39:45 PM

Yes. Lesson is meant to be learn in every area of life, you learning your lesson is a good thing which people can easily tap from it not to make same mistake. I notices you have learned a good lesson about the selling below ico price.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 11:50:50 AM

There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

i believe everything is more or less a risk, because different tokens differ from one another, how ?

if you do not sell hastily, token could dump and never rise again.

if you wait to sell above ico price, you may end up selling at a ridiculous low rate. we can only hope our research and assumptions will lead us to making the right and proper decisions.
sergei1703

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:22:14 PM

i believe everything is more or less a risk, because different tokens differ from one another, how ?

if you do not sell hastily, token could dump and never rise again.

if you wait to sell above ico price, you may end up selling at a ridiculous low rate. we can only hope our research and assumptions will lead us to making the right and proper decisions.
All these lessons you can learn BEFORE you have lost all your money. It is the main mistake of all newbies - they firstly invest, and only then try understand what they do.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:22:21 PM

You know a had a similar experience, a coin I could have made enough money from but because I was eager and anxious to sell, I did and in less 2hrs, the coin did ×4. I was angry at myself and at the same time learnt to have patient for any coin i believe in

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:05:05 PM

This will be a good lesson for many bounty hunters. In my opinion, you should never hurry and you need to have a strategy. If you follow the strategy, you are much more likely to make the right decision. Under the influence of emotions, you can sell your coins, and then very much regret it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: