Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Practical Education given in schools these days.  (Read 250 times)
nalinpuri (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

I want to tell all of you that i am very disappointed with the school system.Instead of telling children how to invest their money and make money they tell students to cram as much books as they can.  Angry

Education is just a business nowadays for people that have their own institutions.They dont have any feelings for the future of the child.These people only want Money,Money and Money.In the position of telling children to cram stuff ,If they teach children tacts to make,invest and spend the money and teach children how to open businesses like they had opened ,the future of our children can be much much more brighter than what it seems to be at present.

People in Poverty Stricken Countries can live life happily if this type of education is there.

But No these people only want to Earn Money by ruining the life of children.

I live in India and  most of these Schools and Colleges are there.Thats why My country is so poverty stricken. Cry

I hope people start teaching children practical life stuff rather than cramming books year after year which has no value. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:22:59 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

“Schools teach you how to work for money, but don't teach how to make money work for you” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“If you’re still doing what mommy and daddy said for you to do (go to school, get a job, and save money), you’re losing.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Because students leave school without financial skills, millions of educated people pursue their profession successfully, but later find themselves, struggling financially.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The main reason people struggle financially is because they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money. The result is that people learn to work for money...but never learn to have money work for them.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They're both important and schools are forgetting one of them.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“I don't believe in giving people money. In Sunday school [you learn] that if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for life; but you give him a fish, you feed him for a day.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In school, you are given the lesson first. On the street, you're given the mistake first and then it's up to you to find the lesson, if you ever find it.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“One of the reasons the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class struggles in debt is because the subject of money is taught at home, not at school.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The financial education taught in schools is funded and taught by the big banks and corporations. It's like having the cat train the mice.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In the world of entrepreneurs, you don't need a college education. You need a proper education.” – Robert Kiyosaki

I hope you read Rich Dad Poor Dad

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:48:23 AM

“Schools teach you how to work for money, but don't teach how to make money work for you” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“If you’re still doing what mommy and daddy said for you to do (go to school, get a job, and save money), you’re losing.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Because students leave school without financial skills, millions of educated people pursue their profession successfully, but later find themselves, struggling financially.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The main reason people struggle financially is because they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money. The result is that people learn to work for money...but never learn to have money work for them.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They're both important and schools are forgetting one of them.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“I don't believe in giving people money. In Sunday school [you learn] that if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for life; but you give him a fish, you feed him for a day.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In school, you are given the lesson first. On the street, you're given the mistake first and then it's up to you to find the lesson, if you ever find it.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“One of the reasons the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class struggles in debt is because the subject of money is taught at home, not at school.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“The financial education taught in schools is funded and taught by the big banks and corporations. It's like having the cat train the mice.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“In the world of entrepreneurs, you don't need a college education. You need a proper education.” – Robert Kiyosaki

Can you give us more good financial education books? Just like this, it catches my attention when I read the quotes of Robert Kiyosaki.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6808

Cashback 15%

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:56:49 AM

I disagree, strenuously, but given your background I can understand why you're frustrated.  Poverty will embitter the most optimistic soul.

The school system in the US is far from perfect, but it did prepare me for college and I chose a course of study that pretty much guarantees a job and a good-paying one at that.  The school I went to also had engineering; allied health majors such as physical therapy and cytology; education; and nursing.  All of those college majors prepare you for careers, unlike most liberal arts majors like history and math. 

I'm a firm believer in the importance of education.  I've seen too many uneducated people failing in life or having to settle for really low-paying jobs because they got into drugs or were just lazy.  A college education in most cases is NOT a waste of money.
nalinpuri (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:52:24 AM

I have read this book and it is quite motivational.Anyway thanks for sharing. Smiley
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

<...>

+1 for this comment
I have degrees and I can assure OP that learning is indeed very important. The problem is, in college, students often not explore their talents outside the class (system). They think simply have good grades are enough to get a good living. Guess what, it's not enough!

While education is a basis for a good way of think (i.e. logical, analytical, etc.), you should expand your presence. Join various clubs will open your mind, good for networking, and broaden your perspective.

Of course, you can learn anywhere, not only in college. This is why -in my opinion- many people become successful even they dropped out of college. But most of the time, they will learn in a hard way. And people like Steve Jobs, Kiyosaki, Bill Gates, etc., are just insignificant in the term of statistics. Maybe one in a thousand.

If you don't wanna be a pedicab driver, an McD's employee, or a janitor, you better go to school, young man!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2452

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

I think the quality of posting in this forum is an indication of how modern education and social habits are failing.

I understand that it is likely to change when they introduce courses on how to get merits on Bitcoin Talk. Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 04:33:12 PM

I want to tell all of you that i am very disappointed with the school system.Instead of telling children how to invest their money and make money they tell students to cram as much books as they can.  Angry

Education is just a business nowadays for people that have their own institutions.They dont have any feelings for the future of the child.These people only want Money,Money and Money.In the position of telling children to cram stuff ,If they teach children tacts to make,invest and spend the money and teach children how to open businesses like they had opened ,the future of our children can be much much more brighter than what it seems to be at present.

People in Poverty Stricken Countries can live life happily if this type of education is there.

But No these people only want to Earn Money by ruining the life of children.

I live in India and  most of these Schools and Colleges are there.Thats why My country is so poverty stricken. Cry

I hope people start teaching children practical life stuff rather than cramming books year after year which has no value. Smiley

You're saying that schools should teach how to invest/make money and then you're complaining that schools only care about making money. Seems to be a disconnect here. If you only teach kids to make money then education will be become even more commercialized and less useful. Investments and business don't make money out of thin air and generally they rely on those book nerds to feed the incessant technological progress.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:49:05 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 06:12:10 PM by mdayonliner
Merited by paxmao (1)

I'm a firm believer in the importance of education.  
Correct, education is important but it does not have to be academic always. School teaches us manners, how to be polite and gentle which is good. To be a man (human race) this is a must for us.

But achieving financial success is not directly related to academic education. It mostly depends on other factors. Factors like entrepreneurship, investing mentality, consistency - never give up attitude, can do attitude, ability to think out of the box, wealth management, know when to quit etc. I doubt a a school has much idea about any of these, if they had these then everyone who had a PHD or even college education would be Billionaires. Plus you would find your teachers most wealthiest in your area.
Steve Jobs:
He attended Reed College in 1972 before dropping out that same year,
Bill Gates
Drop Out, Harvard University
Mark Zuckerberg
Drop Out, Harvard University
Larry Ellison
Drop Out, University of Chicago; Drop Out, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Richard Branson
Drop Out, High School
Michael Dell
Drop Out, The University of Texas at Austin
Evan Williams
Drop Out, University of Nebraska Lincoln
Jan Koum
Drop Out, San Jose State University
Travis Kalanick
Drop Out, University of California, Los Angeles

"ImageLoading"

Schooling system has been designed to work for others they do not teach you how to create scopes for new workers. It's psychological. They don't want you to become someone who will challenge their business.

update:
Can you give us more good financial education books? Just like this, it catches my attention when I read the quotes of Robert Kiyosaki.
Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
The 4-Hour Workweek - Tim Ferriss
MONEY Master the Game - Tony Robbins
The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

These are some books worth reading. There are tons though.

bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:51:15 PM

I think the quality of posting in this forum is an indication of how modern education and social habits are failing.

I understand that it is likely to change when they introduce courses on how to get merits on Bitcoin Talk. Smiley

I think that is mostly because this place is filled with poor 3rd worlders that don't understand English.

I do think school is a complete joke and a waste of time.  It's just training people to be good little worker ants always showing up on time.  Thats why my school used to give awards for perfect attendance and punish tardiness.  we can't have our worker slaves taking profit away from our corporate overlords.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:32:15 PM

I firmly believe in education, you don't just go to school to learn how to read and write or how to make money, you also learn ethics, how to associate and interact with your society.

Any school that teaches how to make money is no school.

Of course education is business. But you should know why you are schooling in the first place and focus on that alone.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:47:13 PM

I also believe in education. I thought of becoming a doctor because this at least I won't have to work 24/7 as I can just renovate a makeshift office at home and accept clients but it also needs money for tuition.

All of family elders are just teaching me to work harder after you get a degree. None of them even think of making a business of our own. Poor vision of the future really which makes us toil all our life. If schools teaches us Forex, it would be cool.
Len_nin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

xCrypt

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:06:00 PM

I disagree.Without school knowledge it would be hard to achieve any goals in your life,basic knowledge we get in school high likely will be useful and help to make another step your development.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1579

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:59:14 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 10:18:47 AM by paxmao

... unlike most liberal arts majors like history and math.  

Math as a liberal art... I guess sometimes it can be beautiful, I like Maldelbrot Sets graphical representations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0XozF5t7pM
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1579

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:09:41 AM

I'm a firm believer in the importance of education.  I've seen too many uneducated people failing in life or having to settle for really low-paying jobs because they got into drugs or were just lazy.  A college education in most cases is NOT a waste of money.

I am from a generation in which that was true. However, the education market has become very different and is also very varied across different countries. Nowadays, there are many countries in which the student comes out of College with a debt that will hinder his or her ability to have a decent life or form a family, and thus, in the name of a good high-paying job they become the slaves of a bank.

This is no different from the Real State market, in which you can buy the house of your dreams and live inside the nightmare of your mortgage, again in the name of a high living standard, plus contributing to driving up the cost of housing by spending every last dime that you earn to compete with others in a race to the limit of each other's credit that will hunt you for the rest of your lives.

Typically, education can be on of the main factors in social mobility and there should be a range of possible education alternatives from the very practical to the more theoretical. The OP is demanding a practical approach, and that is a respectable demand. On the other hand, he is probably demanding it precisely from the institutions that are less able to abide.
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:03:39 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Another great book by Robert Kiyosaki is - “Cashflow Quadrant." Worth a read...

And here you have a few classics in this field;

-The Richest Man in Babylon - Georges S. Clason
-The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
-The Millionaire Next Door - Thomas J. Stanley
-The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles
-Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill

Have Fun!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: