Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You agree that Bitcoin mining is a NO GREEN act?  (Read 2224 times)
lightyear69 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:32:43 PM

XNF-NoFiatCoin which is a pre mined digital currency backed by gold declares that-

It wants to avoid problems associated with mining: waste of computing power, energy and the possibility of a mining pool taking control of the market by acquiring 51% of all available mining capacity.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/nofiatcoin/xnf/prweb11494965.htm

There are millions of people who are into Bitcoin mining which consume so much electricity, efforts and investment in hardware. Is mining an act which is against going green? Is there a possibility that total costs of all miners put together is more than what is earned through mining?
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:47:46 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 07:33:27 PM by Gator-hex

No, a hard currency like Bitcoin is pro-environment!

Why? Because fiat money relies on the constant growth of debt.

Without increasing populations, increasing consumerism, increasing inflation and increasing debt, the debt backed fiat system fails.

This is bad for the environment because it encourages people to consume more than they need or require.

We're at peak oil, going forward will be a deflationary environment, this is a perfect environment for a hard currency based on the price of energy.

Bitcoin's mining effort makes the transaction more secure and fairly distributes the coins to those who help build the transaction network.

When people say "easy coin" they mean "less secure coin". When they say "pre-mined" they mean "un-fair advantage"

ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:08:48 AM

XNF-NoFiatCoin which is a pre mined digital currency backed by gold declares that-

It wants to avoid problems associated with mining: waste of computing power, energy and the possibility of a mining pool taking control of the market by acquiring 51% of all available mining capacity.

There are millions of people who are into Bitcoin mining which consume so much electricity, efforts and investment in hardware. Is mining an act which is against going green? Is there a possibility that total costs of all miners put together is more than what is earned through mining?

All currency is managed and run eclectically, More electric is used to run the worlds ATM,s, payment systems, etc that used in virtual currencies.

Currencies having a green issue, FFS, lets all go back to Cowrie Shells.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:14:57 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 01:05:59 PM by Sonny

Sorry, no offense, but I am no interest in a centralized coin at all...
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:44:37 PM

All currency is managed and run eclectically, More electric is used to run the worlds ATM,s, payment systems, etc that used in virtual currencies.

... and just think of all those bank towers all over the world with their lights on at night... that could all be completely done away with Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:09:51 PM

That's untenable. Think of the poor cowries!

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
cccminer

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:06:39 PM

I have found that bitcoin mining is VERY green, although not as green as I had hoped.

Unfortunately,  it seems to be less green over time and will eventually turn red.

cccminer

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

The funny thing is Gold is really "un-green".

Mining gold involves massive amounts of energy and churning of the land, to find relatively tiny amounts of gold specs.   Then after we spend all that effort and energy, we store it in the ground in bars and hire armed guards 24x7 to protect it.

I love gold.  I'm a gold bug.  BUt I'll never buy the arugment that gold is more ecologically friendly than bitcoin,
krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:32:59 AM

The funny thing is Gold is really "un-green".

Mining gold involves massive amounts of energy and churning of the land, to find relatively tiny amounts of gold specs.   Then after we spend all that effort and energy, we store it in the ground in bars and hire armed guards 24x7 to protect it.

I love gold.  I'm a gold bug.  BUt I'll never buy the arugment that gold is more ecologically friendly than bitcoin,

This.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
oxfardk

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:42:29 AM

Bitcoin mining is a NO GREEN act because that requires a huge amount of electricity.

lazyfellaw

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:42:12 PM

Bitcoin mining is a NO GREEN act because that requires a huge amount of electricity.

Exactly! That is why i believe bitcoin should be made a pre mined digital currency like XNF-NoFiatCoin

People can be involved better ways with it
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:49:22 PM

Year, this Gold really is remarkable green

...not

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
lazyfellaw

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

Year, this Gold really is remarkable green

http://www.mongabay.com/images/peru/aerial-rainforest/Flight_1022_1516.JPG

...not

Do you think the ratio of NO GREEN in gold mining and bitcoin (mined currencies) will be equal?

I guess the ratio will be 1:100 (Gold:mining digital currencies)

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

Do you think the ratio of NO GREEN in gold mining and bitcoin (mined currencies) will be equal?

I guess the ratio will be 1:100 (Gold:mining digital currencies)

The other way around. Mining gold does serious damage to the environment, while mining BTC just requires electricity, which only does damage if provided by fossil resources (coal, oil).

The minority of electricity is created this way and steadily decreasing.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
lazyfellaw

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

I agree with the original post (Answer to you too) which says- Mining is waste of computing power, energy and the possibility of a mining pool taking control of the market by acquiring 51% of all available mining capacity. There are millions of people who are into Bitcoin mining which consume so much electricity, efforts and investment in hardware.

And I support pre mined currencies like XNF-NoFiatCoin

May be bitcoin can also be made a pre mined in future believe everything is possible.
krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:18:41 PM

May be bitcoin can also be made a pre mined in future believe everything is possible.

No, it can't. And you're a troll.

lazyfellaw

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

No, it can't. And you're a troll.

Please educate yourself before shooting something off your mouth.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

krampus

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:32:09 PM

Please educate yourself before shooting something off your mouth.

I've been doing this "internet" thing for much longer than most of the people here. As an active participant in usenet, I learned a very, very long time ago what a "troll" was. I have an email address -- still active today -- that pre-dates both the invention of the World Wide Web and the invention of spam. So when you go telling me to educate myself, I can only shake my head at what a stupid FUCK you are.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Yep. That's a troll. And you're it. Though I'll accept the possibility that you're just retarded.

lightyear69 (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:27:55 PM

Let me know if you want to talk on topic or stay away if you don't like to. Thanks!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

The other way around. Mining gold does serious damage to the environment, while mining BTC just requires electricity, which only does damage if provided by fossil resources (coal, oil).

The minority of electricity is created this way and steadily decreasing.

You are either living on another planet or in denial.  The planet I'm on, the vast majority of electricity is generate by the burning of fossil fuels fossil fuels, coal, gas and oil.

The share of electricity production from fossil fuels has gradually fallen, from just under 75% in 1971 to 67% in 2009. This decrease was due to a progressive move away from oil, which fell from 20.9% to 5.1%.
Source

What we really need is something like a Folding@Home coin, where we could do some good for the world while destroying it slowly at the same time.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: