Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to lost wallets  (Read 583 times)
conectum

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:28:25 PM

This is not a proposal of forking network!
By timestamping first wallet transaction with real time date/hour/seconds into ledger history, bitcoin core software nodes can make an agreement that if, for example:
during the next 2 years the wallet's public address that was timestamped do not output any Tx, bitcoin nodes take those funds and place them into next block header.
If a public address will make a new output tx with any amount of tokens will be re-stamped with date that was realized the last tx.
If the public address won't put a minimum of 1 transaction in 2 years, those funds from public address will be moved into next block of transactions.
I know it sounds easy. But to translate into coding, it is very hard to accomplish.
In bitcoin is harder to be implemented due to multi-sig public keys .
I cannot see another solution to this problem, which can become very important in far future.
I would call this process (Proof of owner's wallet)

So if person actually doesn't use the wallet for 2 years and they actually have the private keys they would still just lose the bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:39:25 PM

By timestamping first wallet transaction with real time date/hour/seconds into ledger history, bitcoin core software nodes can make an agreement that if, for example:
during the next 2 years the wallet's public address that was timestamped do not output any Tx, bitcoin nodes take those funds and place them into next block header.
If a public address will make a new output tx with any amount of tokens will be re-stamped with date that was realized the last tx.
If the public address won't put a minimum of 1 transaction in 2 years, those funds from public address will be moved into next block of transactions.
I know it sounds easy. But to translate into coding, it is very hard to accomplish.
I cannot see another solution to this problem, which can become very important in far future.

So if person actually doesn't use the wallet for 2 years and they actually have the private keys they would still just lose the bitcoins?
Yes, I hope there will be no loss / loss, because the most important part of the wallet is to keep the private key, if the private key is declared missing and there is some Bitcoin in it, it is the lost wallet and its contents and Bitcoin is still intact in it anytime.
If you still hold the private key, it is still in your hands.BTC

AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:50:45 AM

But we need private key or wallet file that encrypt the private key store in them.
Without private key or wallet file, can you access and move the balance of the wallet ?
I think the most wallet lost are some how like that, they forgot the private key or lose their wallet file.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
giaoduc24h

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

Thanks for your solution, with me, I always back up personal information carefully and secure them as much as possible so that they are safe, because that is my money.
hikoala
Copper Member

Activity: 56

New Standards For Adult Industry Payment

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 03:13:08 AM

The private key is very important, who owns the private key, who is the owner of the wallet

_____◢  KoalaToken  ◣___▁
New Standards For Adult Industry Payment In The Next 10 Years
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  https://koalatoken.io  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
xTz (OP)

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 10:28:18 AM

Timeframe from stamping is not necessary to be 2 years, it could be 100 years, and if frame between 0-100 years that wallet don't make any output transaction, all nodes will agree with sentence that wallet is lost. If after 99 years wallet make at least 1 transaction with minimum or equal amount of 1 satoshi then timestamp will be extended with another 100 years.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:04:34 PM

Obviously you have no idea what bitcoin is. Nor do you understand macro economics and why is important for cash to flow. Stop fool yourself and living in a 100$/satoshi world. What you gonna do if all developers will agree with this implementation and most of miners and nodes will implement this solution? You sue the bitcoin?
It's pretty pointless to discuss this with you because you keep ignoring the arguments which render your suggestion pointless.

You can add new digits and split satoshis if needed, so your "problem" of lost coins is non-existant.

Besides, there is no need to sue. People can then simply switch to a fork which does not steal your coins and does not make you pay fees for holding.

Please go troll somewhere else.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
jcemos9bt

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

WayMaker Miracle Worker

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

your solution is good, if only bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can accept and implement the solution this i think it will be another Goal for all cryptocurrency, i just wish they should implement  full security on lost wallet and coins.
Then all the arguments from other countries accepting it will stop.
xTz (OP)

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:13:28 PM

your solution is good, if only bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can accept and implement the solution this i think it will be another Goal for all cryptocurrency, i just wish they should implement  full security on lost wallet and coins.
Then all the arguments from other countries accepting it will stop.
I have been talking with few developers and they like idea, but it will be hard core coding. We will see if there can be an agreement on timeframe for timestamping TX
ologoff

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:18:06 PM

You’re wasting your time...
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:22:17 PM

This is a very bad situation. But there is nothing to do except to find the lost wallet code. A friend lost it and tried to find data for months, but it was not a solution.
Sampson7

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:32:43 PM

Dissimilar to banks or organizations like paypal, egold and others, wallets are put away on our PCs with shared system to the world. One arrangement is our bitcoin wallet must be intermittently went down to different gadgets with the goal that while doing exchange, a huge number of PCs in bitcoin system will check the information we input so extortion does not occur. Since, Bitcoin is put away on our PC in the wallet. On the off chance that the PC is harmed the same as our bitcoin lost.
Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:36:46 PM

This would require a fork. Additionally, it's anything but a smart thought at any rate. It would require "upkeep" of your Bitcoins else you will lose them. This has neither rhyme nor reason and basically puts a termination date on your Bitcoins. You would need to get to your wallet all the more frequently to timestamp an exchange and this additionally opens you to more hazard. Lost/losing wallets aren't generally an issue at any rate.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:20:52 PM

the idea and goal of what you have stated is really good.
but as what you have said this is a very hard task to do.
added to that constraints i dont think bitcoin holders will be happy to hear that someone could make that kind of a change in bitcoin.
so for me i think it will be better to leave it alone as what we have first used it.
let the lost coins be lost forever.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:56:21 PM

I have been talking with few developers and they like idea, but it will be hard core coding. We will see if there can be an agreement on timeframe for timestamping TX
Will you give us any names so we can invite them to share their opinions here, or were these talks super-secret with you only and under the premise that you must not under any circumstance reveal who they are?

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

I don't know if have a solution when your wallets lost but to avoid like that circumstances we better keep the security of our devices,avoid from damage.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

P.S Timestamp can be from 2 years up to 200 years, 2 years is as an example

You need to write in detail and complete
I can not understand all your presentation intentions in the above article!
A Feeder

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

If your wallet lost don't be sad because that is the lesson that you  need to keep your wallet in secure place especially if your wallet have a high amount of money/ bitcoin and get a hard password that no one can easily guess because now the technology is hi-tect so be aware all the time.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:55:07 PM

There's no solutions to lost private keys or wallets that's why we need to be extremely careful to secure our funds by saving your cryptocurrencies on external hard drive such as Ledgers. Lost bitcoins or cryptocurrencies are gone for ever and I think it will give value to the rest available coins as the total amount will reduce.
Mazda17

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:02:40 PM

maybe if you lose your bitcoin wallet, we will experience losses,because the bitcoin will be lost with reform certain.I think we better keep the security of our devices,avoid from damage .
I agree with your thinking that bitcoin will live 20 years in the future but if longer bitcoin life is very fun for me because I hope bitcoin can help me until my offspring later.
I have no doubt that bitcoin is a future that will develop forever.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: