Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Giving $50m USD to Top Universities to Encourage Blockchain Research  (Read 176 times)
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:28:07 PM

I've always thought that XRP is not a good token, so it's centralised and it can manipulate prices at any time.
So the money from these donations might come from ordinary people.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
secondhandlark5

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:28:23 PM

Ripple is doing very well and it is very smart what they do. For them is blockchain the future of some things, like the transactions who want they revolutionize. After the researchs about blockchain I think that it will add value to the whole ecosystem of Ripple.

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸 [ DESICO ] A PLATFORM TO ISSUE AND TRADE SECURITY TOKENS 🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻
🔸🔺 https://www.desico.io 🔸🔺
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

I agree that giving away money is good. But don't forget, they didn't give money, they gave XRP tokens which they created from thin air. Anybody can do that, and if you think about it, this is almost similar to dumping. This is tokens NOT yet in circulation, if they give it and the unis all sell to get cash which they will need for their research (unless researchers don't mind getting paid in XRP), the market for Ripple will slump. Already fell 10% actually after this news.

I've seen this article but it's not something that can increase its value, ripple max $4 like last year.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:41:01 PM

There's an impact regarding to this project, maybe it can increase interest when success happen to this research if more fresh minded students will be able to enhance the usage of the blockchain, then it will reflect and people will start to invest with ripple knowing the potentials and understanding how useful block chain for payments transactions then it can change minds, let see how will the outcome of this project.
aftertumern

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:24:20 PM

This is a very exciting news that has driven the development of new development talents for encryption and blockchain applications or software, accelerating the adoption and more practical use of blockchain technology in everyday life. A great step towards a better future
SEEEP ZEEBOLOGI

Activity: 232
Merit: 36

ZERO

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

it sounds good. In the end the more people involved in the crypto world, the better. I think they need to launch several funds to support new developers who want to create their blockchain-based applications or software. I hope this will be a useful investment and will provide good change

ZERO
futurefuturecoins

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:02:33 PM

Very good news. Maybe it will push Ripple to grow up and return my losses from the investment in Ripple, which I have been holding for almost a year now.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:05:27 PM

And it is such news that can really bring a big HYIP to the Ripple project, because in my memory this is probably one of the biggest projects that does such things, it seems to me that it is worthy of attention and HYIP.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:09:04 PM

There is a love and hate relationship where RIPPLE is concerned in the crypto space, but to be honest, any awareness initiatives going into the wider public at large is a great help indirectly to all the cryptocurrency market niches. I think to make Universities more aware of this Industry and how blockchain tech works is a good inroad towards mass adoption and we need more initiatives like this to enhance the digital world in general. RIPPLE has both the tech and the financial backing to make many things happen on a global scale.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:16:34 PM

This is singular gesture will have  a long impact on the development of blockchain and adoption of blockchain technology in various fields and profession. For the ripple holders,  there will be long term value depreciation as a result of the money given as well!

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:21:14 PM

"Today, Ripple Labs announced that it is partnering with 17 universities to launch a research initiative program designed to advance the industry. Titled the “University Blockchain Research Initiative” (UBRI), Ripple is donating $50 million USD (over $64 million CAD) to support blockchain research and innovation.
Ripple aims to grow the blockchain industry

According to a blog post from the Ripple team, the UBRI aims to accelerate academic research, technical development, and innovation in the blockchain industry.  "

https://discover.coinsquare.io/digital-currency/ripple-blockchain-research-50-million-donation/

Love or hate Ripple, I think this is a very generous move that is not only good for all things crypto, but for education in general and blockchain as well.

Real classy move.

What do you think?

I think this is a welcome development for the entire cryptocurrency community, Ripple research initiative will go along way to create improvement on the blockchain technology world. I want to encourage other crypto projects to do the same thing that Ripple has done.

HOMT