Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF E-COMMERCE  (Read 1717 times)
Kisa San

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:45:36 AM

Is the Blockchain Different from Banking Ledgers?
yes, they are : Banks and accounting systems use ledgers to track and timestamp transactions. The difference is that the blockchain is completely decentralized and an open source.
sorry I didn't quite get it, decentralized and open source? can you explain more?
This means that people do not have to rely on or trust the central bank to keep track of the transactions. The peer-to-peer blockchain technology can keep track of all the transactions without the fear of having them erased or lost.

Furthermore, the blockchain, because of its open-source nature, is more versatile and programmable than central banking ledgers. If programmers need new functionality on the blockchain, they can simply innovate on top of already existing software through consensus. This is difficult for central banks because of all of their regulations and central points of failure.
by the way could you please explain a real-life use-case where blockchain is being used? thanks
Sorry, I do not know how to cover this aspect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luckylux

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:46:15 AM

yes, they are : Banks and accounting systems use ledgers to track and timestamp transactions. The difference is that the blockchain is completely decentralized and an open source.
sorry I didn't quite get it, decentralized and open source? can you explain more?
This means that people do not have to rely on or trust the central bank to keep track of the transactions. The peer-to-peer blockchain technology can keep track of all the transactions without the fear of having them erased or lost.

Furthermore, the blockchain, because of its open-source nature, is more versatile and programmable than central banking ledgers. If programmers need new functionality on the blockchain, they can simply innovate on top of already existing software through consensus. This is difficult for central banks because of all of their regulations and central points of failure.
by the way could you please explain a real-life use-case where blockchain is being used? thanks
that's okay. Thanks anyway!^^
Ty13rDerden

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:47:37 AM

Name the common type of ledgers that can be considered by users in Blockchain?
LDA

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:51:46 AM

Blockchain can be stored by what ?
mekanical

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:53:32 AM

Name the common type of ledgers that can be considered by users in Blockchain?
centralized, decentralized, distributed network
johnjay3000

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:53:59 AM

by a flat file and a database, should we dig deep into those things ?
UnevenDRalffy

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:54:35 AM

It’s stored on many computers of Bitcoin users around the world, also known as Bitcoin nodes
luckylux

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

What are the core requirements for a business blockchain?
Kisa San

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:55:39 AM

A SAFE SYSTEM I THINK ?
mekanical

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:55:43 AM

document about resource, information, It like the register book Wink
Kisa San

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:57:40 AM

that's okay. Thanks anyway!^^
If you need anything, feel free to discuss, if I know something I will be helpful
pelufre

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:57:47 AM

a shared ledger, smart contract functionality, privacy and trust
mekanical

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:57:51 AM

A SAFE SYSTEM I THINK ?
security, complex encryption system
mekanical

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:58:54 AM

What is a ledger? Is Blockchain an incorruptible ledger?
Ty13rDerden

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

What is a ledger? Is Blockchain an incorruptible ledger?
Blockchain is considered incorruptible. Any ill-intentioned individual acting alone is powerless. “To take over the network, an attacker would have to control more than 50 percent of its total computing power,” Augier explains. “We hope that’s a theoretical scenario, but we can’t be sure. Should it happen, the individual would take every precaution to avoid being noticed.” Not to mention the energy required to power the computers needed for the blockchain system to work.
HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:00:27 AM

Name some popular platforms for developing blockchain applications ? I need to know more !
pelufre

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:02:07 AM

Name some popular platforms for developing blockchain applications ? I need to know more !
after the development of bitcoin, various blockchain platforms started coming up. Ethereum came right after the evolution of Bitcoins, and is one of the popular public platforms for building Blockchain based applications.
HopeStillFlies

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:04:19 AM

after the development of bitcoin, various blockchain platforms started coming up. Ethereum came right after the evolution of Bitcoins, and is one of the popular public platforms for building Blockchain based applications.

so can you please tell me how can blockchain benefit Ecommerce ?
pelufre

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:06:05 AM

I think they are : settlement in real time. cost saving. security and resilience. immutability
HopeStillFlies

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:06:56 AM

I think they are : settlement in real time. cost saving. security and resilience. immutability
Many thanks !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: