Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eatherwallet private key????  (Read 1666 times)
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:12:05 AM

1. I do not memorize private key, I memorize password only, private key should be stored in notepad in your drive to keep if one day trouble occur
2. if you lose the private key then you have to create a new one

1. Be sure to have more than 1 backup of your private key. Save it in a printed paper and other drive like flash-disk or harrdisk external would be better than just having 1 on your PC.
2. Do you mean creating a new wallet? I believe the question is how if you lost your private key while you have decent funds on the wallet? Creating new wallet means you are forgetting your lost funds, do you mean so?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

1. I do not memorize private key, I memorize password only, private key should be stored in notepad in your drive to keep if one day trouble occur
2. if you lose the private key then you have to create a new one

1. Be sure to have more than 1 backup of your private key. Save it in a printed paper and other drive like flash-disk or harrdisk external would be better than just having 1 on your PC.
2. Do you mean creating a new wallet? I believe the question is how if you lost your private key while you have decent funds on the wallet? Creating new wallet means you are forgetting your lost funds, do you mean so?
Yes, that's good, this way is more simple than you memorize all the private key you have. And if you only save in one place still have a big risk, for example save in PC most possibility someday the PC will have a problem so must be repaired.  Maybe email will also help someone to save the private key he has. Keeping private key is the best solution rather than having many private keys because when you follow the bounty campaign the average manager will not be able to change your private key before.
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:32:21 PM
Merited by newinbtc (2)

a human brain can not memorize a private key normally unless you are a genius . even if a genius able to memorize it then there is no assurity we will remember it forever . brain generate so many thoughts in a day and we forget most of them after a period . to remember anything forever we have to repeat it daily specially such a key .

If it is lost then all your funds also lost , bcoz there is no benefit if wallet provider give you option to reset key like password bcoz in that case chances of hacking will be high and technically reset is even not possible .

to keep it safe write down it in a paper and save it in your locker or other safe place which no-one use except you .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:35:33 PM

What I have done is just ctrl+c and then ctrl+v inside my phone. Gosh you won't be able to memorise it. The rest (safety, access etc) is only your duty. There in no way you can restore private key as it is stored on your side and never else

saving any private key or other confidential data is invitation to loss of your funds . even a Computer is not safe to keep such data .
phone can be hacked easily via any malware or app we install bcoz they have so many permissions of our smartphone , and when we do copy it it is copied in clipboard which is easy target for malware/spyware .
2nd danger is what if you lost your phone and someone get access of it . now as you dont have any backup of that key you can not transfer the fund .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
onepiece1995

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:45:17 AM

Have you memorized your Eatherwallet private key?

How many of you have to remember your private key,

If you Lost your private key what will you do and how do you recover?Huh??
I do not memorize it but I keep it in a memo. because it is too long and complicated if you have to remember. if to lose PRIVATE KEY I do is look for keystore that I have downloaded. so if my KDP is gone, I can still login via keystore.
edulord

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:24:45 PM

There is no way to recover your private key if it gets lost except. That is why it is advisable to always write if down in a confidential place or save it on hard drive incase you forget it and I try as much as I can to always remember mine and I also wrote it don in my diary as it is the only key to which I can access my information and funds.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Irvanremok

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:32:08 PM

I never memorized my myherherwallet private key because it is so unlikely to be memorized I just keep my private key in some safe place so as not to know my close person for me private key is very important to me. because if we lose that private key we can not restore it again. and all tokens in the wallet will be gone and we can not take them back. so be careful if you keep your private key. and do not forget to save in some places if any one is missing or deleted.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:12:44 AM

Yes, I took my time to memorize my private key and I even wrote it down in a diary where I can easily access it when I forget the password because without this key I will not be able to access my information and funds in the wallet.
prokerduit

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:52:21 AM

we did not remember we just overwritten it in the secure folder. and if you want to be easy again, you better use metamask. wow, what can i do if i lose PRIPAVTE KEY. Because that is the best way to open a wallet.
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:55:59 AM

if you lose the private key, then there is nothing else you can do. but there seems to be one of them. first make your wallet will be in command to download keystore? did you download the keystore. if you download it then you can reopen your wallet.
staker$

Activity: 87

I love donation, BTC: 1P3TzmdoTJGafGWjoezDMudUb5zY

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 08:59:08 AM

It would take a machine-like memory to store private keys in the brain, except for the brain wallet which is less secure. It would be advisable to store the private keys in a safe place. Lost private keys are almost impossible to retrieve. I don't memorize my keys but I store them safely with more than one locations.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
NeonFlash

Activity: 198

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:32:37 PM

I use meta Mask for keep my private key safe. However, I have kept my key in my book-paper.
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:47:12 AM

If the mew's private key is lost it is almost impossible to recover. You should use keystore, and the need to add the password you set will be more memorable than the private key remember to store the keystore carefully.
Wahanna

Activity: 170
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:20:01 PM

Save your private key that is very important in wallet. If you lost password you can retrieve it using private key.. Private key is a life of wallet.
AzuraBWZ

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

it's hard to remember private keys, and just need to keep them securely
If the private key is lost, enable you to have another alternative to access the wallet
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:03:16 PM

Seems stupid question mate. If you want to keep your private key safe you can use any hardware of personal computer keep the file wherever you want. Apart from private key you can access your wallet with the .JSON file mate.
If you anyone among this you can keep safer you wallet mate.
Check the security policies you can see when start sign up for the MEW wallet. There is no need additionally to follow to keep it secure.
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:49:23 PM

I use meta Mask for keep my private key safe. However, I have kept my key in my book-paper.
Losing private key seems to be a big problem if a wallet already contains an asset or the coins on it, as for me there are 2 main risk about wallet security one is prone in hackers steal and other reason is if we lost it. So to minimize the risk then we should have a risk assessment for that 2 main causes.

dangtotes

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

I usually use Metamask and I just have to remember the metamask passwords for all my wallet addresses.
a31078

Activity: 340

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:47:02 AM

It is better to write it down in a confidential diary of save it in a hard disc to avoid it being lost because it is the key you need to access your information and once it gets lost, you might not be able to access your data again. Always ensure you keep private keys very secure and avoid disclosing it to a third party.
ciang huang

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:17:34 AM

I can not do anything if I lose my private key and I always forget when in it there are expensive coins that we can not return because it is Erc20 wallet

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: