Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:36:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC vs alts  (Read 162 times)
usmanov123 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:21:41 AM

I've seen a lot of topics about BTC vs alts discussion. I found a great article about it
 https://medium.com/@noahruderman/why-bitcoin-maximalism-is-deeply-flawed-96a26ab0b7a8

what do you think?
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:02:15 AM

Every topic can be debatable and validated, but that does not mean it holds any value or importance too. Each coin serves its own purpose, with both similarities and differences, which in no way points to the supremacy or extinction of either btc or alts.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:06:29 AM

I have heard a lot about sidechains and Bitcoin. I'm afraid that this new Bitcoin technology could be better than 1500 altcoins and many or all of the altcoins will die due to this  Undecided.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

Bitcoin still the king among other crypto coin, and the comparison of two are much different on their status of market value and popularity, however a lot of people now are fan of accessing altcoins, but it doesn't mean that those altcoins are more high valuable in terms of adaption. And I think altcoins are used as a form of attraction to the people but the total benifits of transactions in the end are only bitcoin.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:27:23 AM

Every person has his own opinion. But I would be inclined to choose a more popular, known and stable cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin.
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

Every person has his own opinion. But I would be inclined to choose a more popular, known and stable cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin.
Really like the article. Also check the authors twitter @devilscompiler he posts about alts a lot. Other his material on meduim is great too.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:01:38 PM

If the price of Bitcoin rises as in the past years, then it can be ensured that Bitcoin is better than Altcoin.
because,
Bitcoin up, Alt Down
Bitcoin down, Alt Down
Bitcoin stable, Alt up
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

BTC will always remain dominant since it's the original blockchain. Yes it's shit technology wise (surpassed by ethereum), but it will always be a store of value at the very least. Alt coins won't be.
jhon_21

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:40:01 PM

This is the hot topic and almost everyone asks about it. BTC is the most popular and experienced crypto coin. But, alts coins have improved as well like ethereum, litecoin etc. Probably, they will improve more in future.
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

All the same, I always adhere to the idea that it is illogical to put it in comparison. In my opinion, this is all different things and the one that unites them is that all the altcoins are traded in pairs with bitcoin.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 598

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:03:27 PM

BTC will always remain dominant since it's the original blockchain. Yes it's shit technology wise (surpassed by ethereum), but it will always be a store of value at the very least. Alt coins won't be.

Yes, plus Bitcoin has already gained a lot of grounds since its existence that's why it has become now a store of value, which means rich people are using bitcoin to hide their assets which makes bitcoin more accessible to them as compare to alt coins which is more of a pump-and-dump coins and to get quick profits but not that huge returns as compare to bitcoin market. The more you invest the more chances that you are going to be rich by just holding in it in a couple of years.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
cryptoroi

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:16:46 AM

Bitcoin is the king in the market of crypto currency. The market status and reputation of the bitcoin is really higher than others. It has a long term growth rate. It is the most trusted coin in the market generally it has been seen from the past that most of the altcoins’ price follow the price of bitcoin.
Euroda

Activity: 370

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

Yes indeed their is a lot of this topic but if i would give my opinion i think nobody can defest the bitcoin because most of all know it for the king of the crypto so i do not think anyone would defeat him

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:26:01 AM

I've seen a lot of topics about BTC vs alts discussion. I found a great article about it
 https://medium.com/@noahruderman/why-bitcoin-maximalism-is-deeply-flawed-96a26ab0b7a8

what do you think?

ask yourself who the fuck is this no one writer
everyone want and claim to be the pro or the king of crypto then most of them are scammers.
oh, I don't read so I don't know what it say

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Memeicomel

Activity: 448

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:37:32 AM

Really like the article. Also check the authors twitter @devilscompiler he posts about alts a lot. Other his material on meduim is great too.
Bitcoin is the best coin that became the mainstay coin since the beginning of the presence of Bitcoin in Cryptocurrency market. so with Bitcoin's growing development being able to bring Bitcoin to continue to be a reliable and trusted coin, so I always stay on Bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:05:47 AM

Bitcoin has a lot of problems, but it is the most famous crypto, it is the sign, plus billions of dollars are invested in hardware, for bitcoin mining, so it will stay. Additionally, there are some plans to do it much faster, maybe even to start smart contracts on bitcoin blockchain. So, my bet is on bitcoin as the most stable, and, in the future, one of the most useful crypto coins.

But good altcoins have it's own ecosystem, they do a few things, but do them good, so they will not disappear too.
LenaPetrova

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:10:09 PM

From my perspective i think bitcoin is better than altcoin. Because peoples are more invest on bitcoin because they feel bitcoin is safest option than altcoin. Altcoin also doing well in recent times. But they need better performance for compete with bitcoin.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:13:27 PM

Bitcoin is better for storing the value of your investment (not always though, rip 20k buyers) and is the "highway" to every altcoin there is.

Usually:
BTC goes down - altcoins follow
BTC goes up - altcoins follow (often with a bit of delay)
BTC is stable - altcoins rather stable, low fluctuations

It's hard to compare them, cause BTC is still the one who controls everything, the flippening still hasn't happened yet.

jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:13:55 PM

It is not necessary as I think some projects try to look in isolation from other projects. After many years there is a direct dependence of the market on one coin and it's Bitcoin. I do not think that the rest of the coins can be regarded as a counterweight, it is rather an additional weight.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:15:33 PM

It's really pointless to debate which one is better since almost all coins whether it's bitcoin or any other altcoin since each of them has their own unique feature, purpose and use. It all depends on what investors think will be useful and profitable for them.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: