Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 780 times)
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:22:35 AM

I did not know actually that refunds are possible, but I think it is good news for you. I suppose they should return back your money to the wallet which was used for ICO transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BetadiNe

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:25:34 AM

I think it is very rare, usually they will disappear and no contacts can be contacted, this is very harmful to all people who invest in the ICO
tng811

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

Looks like good people are still there. I seldom invest in ICO, but it is good to hear you have their refund. You must be a lucky person.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

I have had this issue just only once and I got my investment back fortunately since the project could not even reach the soft cap after the ICO.

The future is uncertain and even if you believe that people may end up seeing what you can see in a project still does not mean they will see it, and that is one thing about the ICO world and one of the reasons why you should always make findings about team before investing.

Some team in that case would end up throwing the coin in the market that way without further development while some will go silent and close every form of communication, so you should count yourself lucky if you ever get a refund.
pauline_78

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

I must say that you used have good project over ICO. Now a days, most of the ICOs don't have this feature. But, they're trying to improve. Let's see what happens in future.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:22:54 PM

Haven't heard much about this heardbeats but looks like they have good ethics to return investor money but don't know how they managed to cover all their operational cost till now if they are returning all investors money.. Roll Eyes

If ICO is ran by some registered company that have KYC and all other formalities than chance of you getting scammed by them will be low but at the same time you will loss your privacy.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kl8847

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:25:32 AM

actually I believe they must do that but I have heard that some projects they're not,  they're saying we didn't get enough money, so just get lost
hoasdnz77

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:09:03 AM

I think you're very lucky, they are two very good project, because the two teams enough integrity, most of the time, if the ICO project failed, so you can't get any rewards and principal.
salinagomez

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:09:34 AM

This is really good news. It is not expected that the coin will disappear from the market by taking the money of the investor. Such type of tendency affects the behavior of the investors as well as the reputation of the market. So this news will help to regain the belief of the investors.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1039
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:13:21 AM

ICOs generally refund their investors for not reaching their lower cap. Some have smart contracts to do so automatically while some do it manually. But again there are also scam claiming the same but making a profit on the price change in the time period. Choice of returning the money in dollar value or the coin value have a intention of profit in itself.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:18:00 AM

No not really as I dont invest much in the ICO's directly. However its good to know from you that there are such companies out there who really takes care of the Investors. I did read such threads earlier but unfortunately they were negative one's. I mean ICO did promise them that they will return the money but they did not return it. There was annoying response of the customers and it was fair enough. So I am pretty sure that you got really lucky and not just single time but also twice. ICO's are dangerous for this reason only but if they have any true agreement somehow bound lawful then we can save ourselves from wrong deeds I guess.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:42:53 AM

I think returning money when an ICO failed should be a thing now. Because it is a waste of money and time investing on an ICO that is very hyped but later on it is just going to fail. An ICO is failing because the team is not doing well on campaigning their projects which is a very important factor. I would also demand refund whenever I invest on a failed ICO.

mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:52:43 AM

I always like it when I see failed projects returning the investors money.This is one of the strongest ways to show honesty and transparency on the cryptocurrency market. It tells people that it is real and you cannot lose your investment because  the project failed .So investors have faith when investing because even if the project fails,you get your money back.

jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

it is standard that ICO projects that do not meet up with their goal in terms of the financial commitment of the investment by the investors, such projects are supposed to return back the funds of those who contributed to them whether or not it be stated as a term in the ICO terms.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:14:38 PM

You are a lucky one. I've seen a few honest projects where they actually refunded customers  but most failed projects not used to return anything Some might say something about not being able to refund investors because of they already spent all the money on marketing and research but most of these guys just used to disappear without any trace.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:38:24 PM

You are extermely lucky to have gotten your investments back. Most ICO's which fail are not so transparent and keep on lingering the project while not making any real progress. Look at envion, they made so much money from ICO and are in a mess.

kenborbs

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 02:54:32 PM

In the first place, if a company or ICO is not legit from the start of its launch or pre-sale the money you have invested will take them away. But if a company or ICO is legit and they have been encountered a problem along the way. Probably they will return your investments or capital because they are committed to their goal.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:59:12 PM

Just wait. You're lucky because almost ICO nowadays doesn't returning investor money. Just leave and take their money. Soo just wait and if you're lucky you'll get your money back.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

It happens very rarely that ico returned money.  You will be very lucky if you return your investment!  I got into the projects of scammers three times and ended up without a large amount of money, since then I have carefully and long been selecting and analyzing ico before investing my money in it.
Yeah, it does. Some may tell you they will refund and make you go through all the process of refund and may never hear from them again, some do refund though, but majority of projects usually do not since this is a decentralized market and anything goes.

However, if you always make it a duty to choose the right team, project with some legal backing based on some regulations, it is always hard for you not to see a refund. I have actually gotten a refund once before and that was the only failed ICO anyway.
argus312

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:12:28 PM

In my opinion, you are very lucky, most of the comrades did not even receive letters, the projects curtailed and flew away ...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: