Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 780 times)
sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:14:17 PM

I have not seen any fail project refund investors's money yet.
but I think it'll be very good if they do so
but sadly, most of them payint investors some shit tokens and some promiss that it would be listed on exchange for them to sell.
take all the faith away

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:16:52 PM

I think that is the rule when the project have failed and they must returning the money to all investor because without that we can call it scam if they not returning the money back. we must be carefull from scam project right now because a lot of scam project in bitcointalk right now and we must be aware about it and always give information to each other
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:17:43 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

Have not yet been with an experience like this and I am sorry that they fail. They paid back in USD?
Is that how they funded their ICO? I thought they were doing it thru ETH or BTC. So If they paid back in the same number of ETH or BTC then there should not be some lost coz it is still the same number.

My investments are still on progress and I dont think they will come to that point. I am still updated in their telegram group.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 04:21:34 PM

There were no projects that would return the money to investors,but there were those that collected investments and disappeared. If you have returned the investment it already speaks about the good faith of the developers, perhaps later after the improvements they will try to hold the ICO again and raise the necessary funds. But even if you get your investment back, you still lose a little due to the difference and inflation. Just need to better study the project in which you want to invest to eliminate the possibility of failure and loss of investment.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:52:50 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

I do have the same experience before. an ico that I invested refunded my investment, they just contacted me for some instruction on how to received my investment.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

This is a great gesture and an initiative to build a relationship between client and company.It can built someone's goodwill and can help them in there further projects.As in cryptoworld we don't have any regulatory body,people finds it difficult to invest big in new project,if this things become mandatory by having some digitally sign contract with mention company and these points than that will propel people to invest big and ultimately business will increase.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:39:01 PM

Wow, this is quite the rarity, at the least a good gesture but do wonder how many of the few that say this actually do and will deliver on the promise.
cryptothief (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 10:37:01 PM

They paid back in USD?
Is that how they funded their ICO? I thought they were doing it thru ETH or BTC. So If they paid back in the same number of ETH or BTC then there should not be some lost coz it is still the same number.

Yep, they paid back the current USD value in ETH, so because of the gains ETH had made, I lost about 50%. The explanation was fairly straightforward though, they had converted most of the money into fiat to try and avoid any wild fluctuations in the market. Unfortunately turned out to be the wrong decision, but I guess making decisions with hindsight is easy. It was definitely better than nothing anyway.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:45:13 PM

Seldom you see ICO funded projects that failed refund its investors. You are one lucky person. Kudos to the team of that ICO for atleast having able to rescue funds to return to investors.
potatopotato

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

youre lucky. Most ICO'S just disappear or continue to promise things that they cant deliver. consider yourself lucky.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:56:44 AM

I think you are very lucky. Now many ICOs cannot do this. Once the project fails or something happens, they may disappear. I suggest that you stay away from ICO in the future and it is really dangerous!
It is normal for fundraising to come to a bad end and this can actually be very frustrating not just for the investors but also for the team. However, it is normal to see a refund when the team is a trust worthy one and like someone said this is why it makes sense to always crosscheck the team before going ahead investing in anything. Things like this are not in the hands of anyone and once they happen there is simply nothing anyone can do about it.
baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:12:08 AM

Although I have no experience in failed initial coin offering but I experience an ICO that the owner dump the coin in the exchange and I am very worried that time because that's my hard earned money that I invested to them and I loose 50% in fiat value.
Mateo123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:13:51 AM

Actually youre blessed  you participated those promising ICOS,i never experienced that  if the projects failed they easily disappear ,in just hoping all ICOs will be faithful to their investors.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

If the project does really have a clear team then surely they will return the investments that go on them. but sometimes it also takes time and also there are pieces of a few percents. I never experienced it and it's a long process and gets a little piece. could probably be made of experience to have a project that could have qualified and will actually succeed later.

btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:20:54 AM

I don't have such experience yet. But I heard some ICO's are honest enough to return the initial investment if the ICO turns out for whatever reason. However, there are many scammers who will not return your money. Be aware.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:36:55 AM

It is generally rare when money is returned. You will be very lucky if this happens. Basically, they just deceive investors and disappear.
kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:48:26 AM

Yes, some ICOs that are failed for selling their token, commonly they will be responsible to return for the investors. However, it will need time for some days or weeks to get the returned funds at all. Here, what we must do is by communicating and keeping touch with the developer and ensuring that they are real, not scams.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

HudiBaba@06

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:15:15 AM

I do believe you are lucky in terms of receiving investment back. But most ICO projects aren't very kind type only a few of them stay on the light side of valuing investors trust and investment. As probably most of the ICO's turn out to be scammers in the end where they want to return the investors their money which they have invested in but later they turn out to be a scam. Some Projects just vanish with all our investments which is rare but we have to be smart before investing by checking the Companie's potential and growth in future. But some Projects fail in acquiring partners to grow their company. in this case its nobody's fault. So, basically its good that there are some good projects like Heardbeats and many more which turn to be awesome.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

From experience, as a matter of fact, you would surely get your fund return once you did not invest in scam project from the start. Investing in a good project is not okay enough to belive they would hit the target, so someone need to be prepared for the risk.
Any team that does not refund is obviously a scam and they never really had the mind of something good for the project in the first place which I believe should have been easy for any serious investor to detect in the first place. Most failed ICOs that are legit, always give money back to investors and that is how it should be. It is because of those bunches of scammers that we are beginning to have regulations in play now before an ICO is run in most places.
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:26:18 PM

I very rarely saw when projects that did not collect money returned money. I usually get either tokens or the project turns out to be scammers, although I heard from my acquaintances that they were being returned the ETH they invested.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: