Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you jump every 2 min for the next 5 years if you were to receive 10,000 BTC?
Yes - 18 (37.5%)
No - 30 (62.5%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you jump every 2 min for the next 5 years if you were to receive 10,000 BT  (Read 1711 times)
mskryxz (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Funny speculative question regarding if you would do this for 10,000 BTC's.

Mods, feel free to delete or move this post to Off-Topic if it is inappropriate. I just thought I'd poke a little fun this morning to help the time go by faster, and perhaps for others as well.

In my other post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438417.0 I asked if you would cash out but never be able to purchase btc again for an upfront payment of $5,000 per BTC.

In this one, I ask:

For 10,000BTC, would you perform a jump every 2 min for the next 5 years? Failing to perform the jump would automatically result in Death.
If the bitcoins become worthless, you would still need to jump for the next 5 years.
If the bitcoins become millions each, then yeah more motivation to jump every 2 min for the next 5 years lol.

Other rules:

Yeah you don't need to jump during sleep maximum of 8 hours or while using the bathroom.
You still need to jump while eating or any other activities such as work.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

Funny speculative question regarding if you would do this for 10,000 BTC's.

Mods, feel free to delete or move this post to Off-Topic if it is inappropriate. I just thought I'd poke a little fun this morning to help the time go by faster, and perhaps for others as well.

In my other post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438417.0 I asked if you would cash out but never be able to purchase btc again for an upfront payment of $5,000 per BTC.

In this one, I ask:

For 10,000BTC, would you perform a jump every 2 min for the next 5 years? Failing to perform the jump would automatically result in Death.
If the bitcoins become worthless, you would still need to jump for the next 5 years.
If the bitcoins become millions each, then yeah more motivation to jump every 2 min for the next 5 years lol.

Other rules:

Yeah you don't need to jump during sleep maximum of 8 hours or while using the bathroom.
You still need to jump while eating or any other activities such as work.

ya id do it since theres a 8 hour break for sleep and im self employed. my stratagy would be to pull a trasy morgan and hire a few big black dudes to lift me up while i bend my knees every 2 min. thus performing the required jumps without my newly rich bones getting tired. =) im sure the first 2000 of 10000 should cover the first years work for them =)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

Do you like to play strange games OP?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

sounds like a pain the fucking back but yea, i would do it  Cool

what if ur driving a car tho?? would have to step out the car and jump? if thats the case i might change my mind
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:35:16 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

what if ur driving a car tho?? would have to step out the car and jump? if thats the case i might change my mind

For 5 coins, I'd jump every 5 minutes for a month. It would be a healthy habit also. Sadly there's no way to validate that I'd jump so nobody will pay.

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:38:35 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

For 5 coins, I'd jump every 5 minutes for a month. It would be a healthy habit also. Sadly there's no way to validate that I'd jump so nobody will pay.

Actually there is... A sports bracelet and one could upload the data at the end of each day. Brilliant!

Anyone feel the need to pay for this?

mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

yes hahahah
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:55:48 PM

yes hahahah

Let's play then Smiley

mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:59:51 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

Yes, you would need to stop driving and jump and drive again for 2 minutes. Or else if that wasn't the case it would be too easy.

The same applies, if you are in the heat of the moment reproducing with someone, you still need stop what you are doing and jump.
coinpharmer

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:02:11 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

Yes, you would need to stop driving and jump and drive again for 2 minutes. Or else if that wasn't the case it would be too easy.

The same applies, if you are in the heat of the moment reproducing with someone, you still need stop what you are doing and jump.

stop what im doing? no id work it into the rotation. girls love the jump thrust =)
mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

that is 720 jumps a day

stop what im doing? no id work it into the rotation. girls love the jump thrust =)

lmao
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:07:09 PM

Rigid rules get broken. You can instate something like having a few exceptions per day, a limit or so, with a penalty. Ie, while driving, one can skip the duty for 20 minutes (10 times) but has to do 30 jumps consecutively.

coinpharmer

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

Rigid rules get broken. You can instate something like having a few exceptions per day, a limit or so, with a penalty. Ie, while driving, one can skip the duty for 20 minutes (10 times) but has to do 30 jumps consecutively.
if the rules are broken you die, its in the rules, as has been confirmed by the op in post 1

flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:20:16 PM

This is why it should be compulsory for all watches to have countdown timers with infinite repeats. Casio, I'm lookin' at you! I wonder if people's health would improve if we all joined "Jumping Cults"?

So you're in plane during final approach, no, you're PILOTING that plane... you going to step outside every 2 minutes?
If I could get some exemptions, then probably.

OP, make me an offer!
flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

if the rules are broken you die, its in the rules, as has been confirmed by the op in post 1

So, you modify your driver's seat/pilot's chair to include a commode, then...
mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:26:40 PM

well there can be exceptions for certain circumstances if we are going to get technical.

For one, if someone signed up for this contest and were pregnant, obviously she can have the time to give birth/surgery without the jumping penalty..

But for everyday normal stuff like playing video games,  you would still to need to jump in between while playing. Or jump in between while at a movie theater. Or won't be able to ride a rollercoaster longer than 2 minutes.
coinpharmer

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

well there can be exceptions for certain circumstances if we are going to get technical.

For one, if someone signed up for this contest and were pregnant, obviously she can have the time to give birth/surgery without the jumping penalty..

But for everyday normal stuff like playing video games,  you would still to need to jump in between while playing. Or jump in between while at a movie theater. Or won't be able to ride a rollercoaster longer than 2 minutes.

but its good for the preggers to jump a bunch, all the time, i hear it stimulates the babys muscles and they come out RIPPED.. or does it just rip up the baby.. i forget sometimes...
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:38:50 PM

The question isn't practical.  People would be absolutely miserable and exhausted trying to do this on top of having strained relations at work and family trying to achieve this for 5 years.

Again, dumb question.  99.999% would fail at this and I still question the remainder being able to actually put it off.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:48:03 PM

How could you possibly fall sleep with the weight of certain death hanging over you if you missed the two minute window for a jump? When is a person "officially" asleep? There seems to be a span of time for everyone where the status is questionable. If you wake in the middle on the night do you need to immediately make a jump? This needs to be thought out more.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:01:38 PM

The question isn't practical.  People would be absolutely miserable and exhausted trying to do this on top of having strained relations at work and family trying to achieve this for 5 years.

Again, dumb question.  99.999% would fail at this and I still question the remainder being able to actually put it off.

If there is a will, there is a way.

Someone will be able to think up something clever to make it part of his routine for the next 5 years.

FFS this guy was able to hold his breath 22 minutes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/breath-world-record-stig-severinsen_n_2144734.html

Surely scheduling a jump every few min shouldn't be too difficult.

Again, sleep wouldn't count you would get 8 hours uninterrupted sleep and same with bathroom.
But to balance it out, driving to the mall or work, yeah you gotta get out of the car and jump.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: