Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is Africa not fighting cyber- fraud?  (Read 129 times)
lockes007 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:27:47 PM

Cyber-fraud is the order of the day in Africa
People more especially the young  make money that a questionable  but society turns a blind eye to this.
These young people without any original form of skill defrauds unsuspecting people from the developed world with the reason that there are no employment avenues in the continent. Money accrued from the fraud is used to buy a sorts of luxurious stuff and partly used to take care of their various families.
IS THIS REASON ENOUGH?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KobbyD

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 11:21:58 PM

African leaders and government frown over this bad art in these African countries. But I think Africa lack the required technology to be tracing these thieves and deal with them. I think questioning the youth about the strange kind of income they make online is really sensible and another way to detect these frauds. Fight mother Africa.
tiurminator

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:10:16 AM

I think it's all about priority.  I mean when famines, drought, AIDS and conflicts is a common problem, who cares about cyber-fraud?
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:30:54 PM

I think countries or continents have higher cyber frauds than Africa but have not been able to deal with them even though they seem to be in a better standing in terms of technology. Africa is weak in terms of technology to fight cyber issues.Maybe they will get there one day but it will not be pretty soon.You need a well organized society to fight cyber fraud.
AlehandroTheGreat

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:51:34 PM

Africa simply did not have any cash to build government and u are telling about special issues in country lol

CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:00:13 PM

I know what you mean guys. But these are pretty corrupt places and I am sure the government and police have their fingers in many pies and scam. Just be careful. After all regulation is good, but too much will hurt crypto in particular. Already KYC regs are annoying to most of us. I guess a balance is required.
Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:01:52 PM

It's Africa. You just answered your own question
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 01:56:46 AM

Cyber-fraud is the order of the day in Africa
People more especially the young  make money that a questionable  but society turns a blind eye to this.
These young people without any original form of skill defrauds unsuspecting people from the developed world with the reason that there are no employment avenues in the continent. Money accrued from the fraud is used to buy a sorts of luxurious stuff and partly used to take care of their various families.
IS THIS REASON ENOUGH?

african countries are busy enough with expensive 20th century burocrats, what shall they do with even more expensive 21th century equipment?

mboileau

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

You can expect countries to fight a cyber fraud when its economy is greatly affected by it, cybercrime is not much of an issue there in Africa that is why they are not taking much action against it.
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:52:32 PM

well maybe because the incentives are not that high for catching cyber criminals. interestingly the way those "hi i am Nigerian prince & you have won multi million dollar lottery" are designed shows us that no matter how much governments intervene people are gonna fall for get quick rich schemes so catching the criminals for such a phenomenon may result in exercise in futility & also would require African nations help for which huge resources need to be deployed. raising awareness may result in less phising/scamming incidents.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

well maybe because the incentives are not that high for catching cyber criminals. interestingly the way those "hi i am Nigerian prince & you have won multi million dollar lottery" are designed shows us that no matter how much governments intervene people are gonna fall for get quick rich schemes so catching the criminals for such a phenomenon may result in exercise in futility & also would require African nations help for which huge resources need to be deployed. raising awareness may result in less phising/scamming incidents.

someone's legitimacy is someone else's fraud, it was always this way throughout human history will never end.

Diego_Davis

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:19:52 PM

Africa is a continent with over 50 countries. That is like saying, why don't South Americans stop drug cartels? "Africa" isn't a specific government. There is a good chance that some of the governments don't even know about the cyber-fraud that's happening in their country. I'm sure that some of the countries are fighting against it. If you take Nigeria, for example, they have over 190 million people. I'm sure, if there is a real fight with cyber-fraud, it's extremely hard to keep on top of with so many people. As far as I understand, the biggest problem is that it is very hard to track where the cyber-fraud is coming from.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: