Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRADE AGAINST THE TREND  (Read 582 times)
Robert543 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:19:41 AM

I spent a lot of effort on learning about trade. I have also experienced many psychological feelings, ups and downs, so I would like to share from the bottom of my heart  some tips for beginners or amateur traders:

1. Trade only 1 pair of currency: usdt and altcoin
2. Invest in good altcoins only  (1-5 crypto), focus will bring about higher chance of winning. Treat btc as an altcoin and make a speculation with it. Learn how to identify a good crypto in order to hold the coin whenever the storms come.
3. BUY ON RED- SELL ON GREEN. Spend only one third of your money on trading long down waves. Two-thirds of the money should be allocated in the downtrend cycle of this market.
3. Prepare yourself for the great crisis that may happen during 2019-2021. Before that time, you should be flexible to convert your money flow from cash, real estate to gold and valuable assets. During the crisis, we can hold diamond at junk price (for crypto and securities) and buy good real estate at low prices.
Maestro75

Activity: 1946
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:29:11 AM

This is going to be helpful, no doubt about that. Hut how can we do some of the things you say we should do when we don't even know how to identify them? Example how do we identify good coins? It us not easy to say it. But you can help us here.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MargaretBlack

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:27:44 AM

That's great. Thanks for your sharing.
JosephJole

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:28:14 AM

But is that strategy dangerous?
Rydereee12

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

Good article, too. Thank you.
Robert543 (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:33:50 AM

But is that strategy dangerous?
This is the article be share. I think that's a pretty effective way to trade. Because it's a trade that goes against the trend, I recommend it.
Xtez

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

This seems incredibly risky. Id love to learn more about it tho as id like to apply into my daily trading.

---Looking for new Campaign---
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:49:41 AM

I spent a lot of effort on learning about trade. I have also experienced many psychological feelings, ups and downs, so I would like to share from the bottom of my heart  some tips for beginners or amateur traders:

2. Invest in good altcoins only  (1-5 crypto), focus will bring about higher chance of winning. Treat btc as an altcoin and make a speculation with it. Learn how to identify a good crypto in order to hold the coin whenever the storms come.
3. BUY ON RED- SELL ON GREEN. Spend only one third of your money on trading long down waves. Two-thirds of the money should be allocated in the downtrend cycle of this market.
3. Prepare yourself for the great crisis that may happen during 2019-2021. Before that time, you should be flexible to convert your money flow from cash, real estate to gold and valuable assets. During the crisis, we can hold diamond at junk price (for crypto and securities) and buy good real estate at low prices.

My biggest mistake with which i still have problem is beeing more affreid not to earn than to loose. I mean than im more scared of miss good oportunity than do a waste trade.
Thats why too often i take too big risk. Thats my sick nature with which im fighting each day saying to myself "Wrong invested money earns less than not invested."

It is important to be calm. There will be dozens of opportunities.  Even if we miss 50% pump or sell with 5% istead of 30% profit its still profit. Also after 1 red day there can be few next. Grabing coins after first red day with high capital is not the best option.
colkcolk

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:15:58 PM

They are good tips from OP, however the tips are common in trading such as buy in RED (low price) and sell in GREEN (higher price/up trend). There is also a risk management by spending around 30% of our owned fund, I hope to find tips for trading against trend since it is uncommon. Perhaps what you purposed is aforesaid, buy in RED and sell in GREEN as if in reverse condition is not recommended otherwise it will be no profit.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 01:32:19 PM

Thank you for sharing your experiences but the only advice which is the best to me can be don't trade but hold, it is hard to survive by trading in a crisis

aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:07:01 PM

I find your words true and suits really well for aspiring trades for I had experience the same and following these same procedures as yours. I just wonder why would you say

great crisis that may happen during 2019-2021

What are your basis? Aside from the real topic, Im really curious about this one  Grin
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3693

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 02:23:39 PM

Thanks for the tips but I would like to inquire about the following:

1. did you mean "USDT  ----> Tether"? Perhaps this is the worst type of choice, It’s better to invest in currencies with a goal or benefit in the future.

3. BUY ON RED- SELL ON GREEN.
3. This is the dream of every trader, but the adoption of the price only in the decision to buy and sell will lead to the loss.

4. Prepare yourself for the great crisis that may happen during 2019-2021.
4. No one can predict the future but this is the first time that I hear about such a "crisis", can you explain more.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 02:34:17 PM

I think your strategy is very very limiting one and may be thats giving it full safety and security of trading. However in the crypto trades if we have to be very profitable then we have to keep changing our crypto currency portfolio all the time. I mean if there are new altcoins are coming in the market and they are far better than the current portfolio list then its better to get rid of the previous one and then convert them into the current new trends. This gives us some extra X's and thus we can keep rising our portfolio in this fashion all the time.
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:07:19 PM

I would never recommend anybody to trade against a trend. I know that there is a strategy which are applicable to trade against a main trend but it is a very difficult strategy and to use it you need to be a skilled trader.
I have focused my trading strategy on investing in a long term main trend without catching retracements and playing versus main trend.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

Basically you want to do the opposite of what the crowd is doing.  While everyone is buying you should be selling and Vice versa.  Never ride the train too long and get greedy , thats how yo uget rekt.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:34:54 PM

I would never recommend anybody to trade against a trend. I know that there is a strategy which are applicable to trade against a main trend but it is a very difficult strategy and to use it you need to be a skilled trader.
I have focused my trading strategy on investing in a long term main trend without catching retracements and playing versus main trend.

Yes your writing and advise is very nice. Trading against the trend is called negative trade. How can someone be comfortable to trade against the market. I only hear that in the swimming terms for those in "diving school as swimming against the waves"  Grin . In the crypto market, this is as risky as not doing the right thing at the right time; although, I hear people do that but I wouldn't.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:50:01 PM

Yes your writing and advise is very nice. Trading against the trend is called negative trade. How can someone be comfortable to trade against the market. I only hear that in the swimming terms for those in "diving school as swimming against the waves"  Grin . In the crypto market, this is as risky as not doing the right thing at the right time; although, I hear people do that but I wouldn't.

Its ok for short term trades. When you are daytrading. Catch when something is oversold and sell when it rebounce few % in next 10 min. Its interesting strategy becouse in best scenario you can catch bottom of the downtrend before it change to uptrend. I mean exact bottom. Its cool. Sometimes happend but mostly i sell as alwais with few% and watch how my sold alt is growing Smiley Catching is one thing and changing thinking to bull in the same moment is second step in this best scenario.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

Thank you for sharing your experiences but the only advice which is the best to me can be don't trade but hold, it is hard to survive by trading in a crisis
really, trading in a crisis like this is indeed very risky especially if it's in the short term. I choose to hold and wait. hopefully this option will bring me to the advantage.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:14:08 PM

This is a good advice but you forgot something to include, they should be mentally and emotionally prepared for whatever downfalls the cryptos their are trading faced.
Even if they do all those advice you stated if they will get easily swayed by baseless FUDs then it will outweigh the things they learned so far and thus will sell on a red market to prevent even more loss.
Alexvid

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

It is important to be calm. There will be dozens of opportunities.  Even if we miss 50% pump or sell with 5% istead of 30% profit its still profit. Also after 1 red day there can be few next. Grabing coins after first red day with high capital is not the best option.

It's hard to keep your cool when you see an opportunity. You're right, even 1% profit is still a profit but you get lost chasing that 50%-100% profit from a single trade.
And of course you should always wait for prices to drop a decent amount before you start buying.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: