Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: decentralized exchanges are safe?  (Read 529 times)
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

Decentralized exchanges are of course more reliable when working with smart contracts, this guarantees a deal or a refund unlike centralized ones. Although they are still not very popular, but it's only a matter of time. A very interesting platform in this regard is now developing and called Trade.io.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:42:33 AM

Of course, i find very comfortable in decentralized exchange because we see there are many traders showing good way for trading. In decentralised every thing is visible to each and every transaction. Some people won't like this decentralised format for trading.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:29:34 AM

Are they safe, If decentralized exchanges are good then why ppl are using centralized exchanges?
Decentralized is very safe, because you are the one who holding your private keys, and people still using centralized exchange is because the volume of their coin traing is really high on those centralized exchange, so the volume is much higher, the trading is very active on the centralized exchange.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:53:40 AM

I have been with forkdelta because I bought more of the RCC token because I like the idea of that project. I found out its a very cheap token in the decentralized exchange and so I went there. Forkdelta looks way better and you own the private key of your account, kinda like a safer thing to look at. withdrawing is a whole lot of problems, probably because the network is congestion but most of the time the process takes more than an hour.

Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:00:18 AM

Decentralized exchanges are quite safe. I have used a couple of them(idex, forkdelta) and my experience has been good with them. Decentralized exchanges trades erc20 tokens only while centralized exchanges have a lot of markets in it. Thats the difference between the both of them
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:08:04 AM

Are they safe, If decentralized exchanges are good then why ppl are using centralized exchanges?
Those exchanges is safe it's depends on us how to use it. I used many exchanges and I never have a problem in decentralized exchange and even in centralized exchange. Maybe others use centralized because it's more convenient for þhem or maybe the token they have is there.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:02:17 AM

You need to be more computer literate to use a DEX as there is usually limited support. With binance there is a team of people that can help you but on a DEX you're on your own

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 09:44:48 AM

Decentralized exchanges are really safe and better than centralized one and I mostly preferred to trade with them because they provide the transactions to happen without and KYC and also all the process is carried out on blockchain technology and it is based on contracts and so, I like to prefer to go with it. The best example is Etherdelta which i use for trading on most of the occasions.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:56:57 AM

DEX provide a more secure and fair way for users to exchange digital assets for a whole host of reasons, and as the general public grows in blockchain savviness, we’re likely to see a move towards holders of digital assets wanting more control and security in their engagement with exchanges.

Amongst most pressing issues with an over-reliance on centralized exchanges is security. Every week it seems, there is a new report of a major hack at a centralized exchange, with stolen amounts ranging in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:33:05 PM

Many people already answered your question. And you have already understood it. Yes, I agree with all that this is safe. All of the money in your control, so no worry to lose it.

portalufonet

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:12:08 PM

You need to be more computer literate to use a DEX as there is usually limited support. With binance there is a team of people that can help you but on a DEX you're on your own
Decentralized flooring is where many coins are not yet available for listing on large exchanges that can be traded, and especially where investors can buy coins at a relatively cheap price. I have also made many transactions on EtherDelta, Idex ... and I feel quite satisfied.
fastrabbit

Activity: 216
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:06:53 PM

It is quite obvious that DEXs could be a safer way for people to trade cryptocurrencies. The multiple losses that people have incurred as a result of centralised exchanges failing is perhaps one of the most compelling reasons for their use.Further most people probably don't even understand enough about the risks of using centralised exchanges to understand the need for them.It is inevitable (given the nature of cryptocurrencies) that we will have more centralised exchange failures and that people will lose their money.This will force them into considering DEXs as an option.Sometimes it takes harsh lessons for people to learn how to do things right.
chamika888

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:09:08 PM

Decentralized  blockchain tokens are being traded on very centralized exchanges.  Essentially it’s a contradiction in terms, that manifests itself in  these exchanges being hacked all the time. You just can’t trust a  centralized service with your decentralized tokens. Bitcoin and other  crypto is a perfect thing to steal, transactions are non-reversible,  transfers are hard to trace. Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges are  not sustainable in the long run, since the cost of an successful attack  can ruin any successful exchange.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

Decentralized exchanges are good to the best of my knowledge as I have used a couple of Dex's and they are quite safe. Why people basically like using centralized is that, it has more volume on the exchange. Decentralized are even more safe and  secured in my own opinion
suchi2591 (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:44:41 AM

currently I am using centralized exchnage. I am stydying on DEx and now feels like these are best but never used them so have no idea.
kolfedinew

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

Decentralized exchanges are safe and easy to use, just make sure that you don't give your wallet no to other people.
Crypto_Bro

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:43:12 AM

Decentralized exchanges are safe and easy to use, just make sure that you don't give your wallet no to other people.

that's true. I used some to exchange ETH and everything was ok, no security issues
kolfedinew

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:52:52 AM

that's true. I used some to exchange ETH and everything was ok, no security issues

oh, I wanted to change ETH too, what's the exchange?
Princess04ka

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:55:33 AM

You can look this one up https://beta.streamdesk.io/dashboard, there is no commissions for no because it's beta
kolfedinew

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:56:39 AM

You can look this one up https://beta.streamdesk.io/dashboard, there is no commissions for no because it's beta

ok, thnx
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: