Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:53:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do rich people get off easier when they break the law?  (Read 283 times)
StoryBehindUs (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

I honestly think rich people get off easier in some cases. Not just the rich but also celebrities. I think as mainly because of the money and because of status of certain people. Because I have seen videos of celebrities not getting in trouble with the police because the police realized who the person was or the status of that person. I'm not saying they get away with it all the time but often I believe do
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmokeTheAir

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

As far as I know, punishement of similar crimes sometimes depends of the economic status, but many times it is seem disproportionate. When there are fixed fees the richer the better.

I think their contacts can make influential people get off easier, but at the same time if they break the law they will lose part or all of that influence by social punishement.
KP Oli

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

Yes.

Saudi millionaire who said he 'accidentally tripped and penetrated' teenage girl cleared of rape.
He said it was possible he had semen on his hands from having sex with a 24-year-old woman earlier

No, it's not in Saudi or Qatar. It happend in London and a London court cleared him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/millionaire-ehsan-abdulaziz-who-said-he-accidentally-tripped-and-penetrated-teen-is-cleared-of-rape-a6774946.html
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:35:15 PM

I honestly think rich people get off easier in some cases. Not just the rich but also celebrities. I think as mainly because of the money and because of status of certain people. Because I have seen videos of celebrities not getting in trouble with the police because the police realized who the person was or the status of that person. I'm not saying they get away with it all the time but often I believe do

it depends, ususally they can afford better lawyers and are better educated,

but there can be cases where the society wants to punish the rich, like in china where a rich son of communist functionair drive over a girl and she died, he was executed to appease the internet mob.

it depends vastly on the situation in the society

Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:45:07 PM

That's the advantage of having huge amount of money. They can do whatever they want, go wherever they want and the likes. If something's happens, theere is their money to back them up. I can't even get away with the fact that justice can be bought. How about the victims? What will happen? They won't be receiving the justice they deserve because they don't have money.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
lockes007

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:37:57 PM

I don't know whether it is only in my country but it so happens that the laws exist to protect the rich in my society to the detriment of the poor.
We have the rich flouting the minimum wage rate is flouted with impunity. The poor however are quickly punished for the slightest mistake.
A poor man in my country stole a tuber of yam to feed his family but was apprehended and imprisoned.The rich loot with impunity
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:13:52 AM

Absolutely. It is a widely accepted fact that money influences decisions when it comes to crime. Not least because they can afford the best lawyers, bribes, blood money, etc. Doesn't always hold true, but I'm waiting to get rich before I commit a crime, just in case...

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:28:32 AM

That happens most of the time. Although it is more rampant in the underdeveloped countries, the same pattern can also be observed even in the countries that are as advanced as the United States of America. We know that our society is so hospitable and considerate to rich and influential people. Even the law seems to show its teeth only to the poor and the underprivileged ones. The government can always tame the law for the sake of certain individuals.
Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 10:18:04 AM

Not really. It all depends on the strength of the law in that country. If the country has a strong law, whoever his offender, surely he will get punished. But unfortunately in my own country, the laws are very weak. Therefore many wealthy people do bribe for punishment eliminated

NOIZ
- A decentralized cognitive ad network -  (https://noizchain.com/)
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:28:55 AM

not all rich people escape from the bondage of law, but in fact money has an important role in this problem, the number of these violators often encountered in various lines of life, especially for the rich who use his money to buy his freedom
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 01:45:47 AM

From my experience on this forum - yes.

Quickseller has always stated he has 100+ bitcoin for lending.  Rich by normal member standards.  He stole 20btc from another scammer and yet he still is allowed to post here as if he has done nothing wrong.  People don't want to speak against him because they hope for a donation in the future.

Money rules everything.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:23:02 PM

While I think everyone should be equal to the law, isn't in the public's best interest, that someone who is rich(= tax payer probably), could keep paying taxes?
Compared with a drug dealer who doesn't pay any taxes. Is it really wrong for rich people to get off easier?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:49:13 PM

A great state gives a person a feeling that he has more rights. Therefore, he does not want to share. But less wealthy people cheat less often, because they are more dependent on their community. That is, they do not want to cut the bitches they sit on.
I do not know what to say about the scam, but the arrears on the rent in the house are more often created by wealthy people, rather than pensioners who lay out the last penny just to pay the apartment. At least one time we hung out lists of debtors for rent and the owners of expensive foreign cars standing at the entrances were often at the head of these lists.
Now the lists do not hang out, maybe something has changed.
However, it is the rich who make a significant impact on society.
MartinAK

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:12:53 PM

The society and the community we occupy today is coupled and entangled with in lawless, how then will the rich not go free per reason of their wealth. we are blinded and mislead by so called money that our communities are becoming place of the rich other than a home for all. I personally don’t understand but this has become the most order of the day that where money is nothing is impossible. Most of the rich take the law into their hands and go freely without questioning especially within underdeveloped countries. yes, everything points to this fact that the rich gets off easier when they break the law.

peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:15:25 PM

to my own understanding and observation of my immediate environment, i think rich people vis-a-vis celebrities get off so easily when they break the law but in most circumstances it depends on the countries. Most especially africa, celebrities and big business men have easily gone off bypassing the laws, but i dont think this is same with the western world. we have had cases where big footballers are sentenced for tax enviction, cases of sexual harrasement where big celebrities like tupac, r kelly even the legend michael jackson have to be sentenced. but this cannot be the case in most africa countries.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

The laws, its penalty, and its whole legal procedures and processes are for all and no one is an exemption, as to what its purpose in nature really needs to prevail. However, in reality, it sometimes twisted. Believe it or not, when you're powerful and rich, you would probably get off easier when you break the law. It is for the reason that: (a) money can pay prison bail; (b) money can pay great and the best lawyers in town; (c) money can pay for your security inside the jail and will make your life comfortable inside that cold steel bars and; (d) you may not pay directly your freedom but you can pay people who can give your freedom to you. With your influence and money, you can soon get off.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
ETHenthusiast

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:35:43 PM

They just can afford better, sneakier lawyers. I think that's the secret...
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:54:10 PM

to my own understanding and observation of my immediate environment, i think rich people vis-a-vis celebrities get off so easily when they break the law but in most circumstances it depends on the countries. Most especially africa, celebrities and big business men have easily gone off bypassing the laws, but i dont think this is same with the western world. we have had cases where big footballers are sentenced for tax enviction, cases of sexual harrasement where big celebrities like tupac, r kelly even the legend michael jackson have to be sentenced. but this cannot be the case in most africa countries.

There's a great thread on corruption here as well, and sadly I must agree: it is very common in some parts of the world to buy yourself out of the prosecution. Very sad, and in a way I blame the British empire for not paying enough attention (and fighting) this ugliness back in 19th and early 20th centuries, and allowing it to bloom.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:09:23 AM

I think anywhere in the world, those who have more money really do have more privileges -and that includes getting away with law-breaking. Money equates to power, status, influence and acceptance. The richer you are, the better person you are perceived to be by society. So it also applies in the legal system. Those with more money can be treated with more leniency. And besides, the rich run in the same social circle as the politicians, prosecutors and judges. It really pays to be rich.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:30:30 AM

I also believe that yes, they do. Other than their social influence, they literally have more money to either hire more competent lawyers, pay off bribes, or pay bail to avoid jailtime.

Moreover, they just have more connections that can get them off the hook faster and better as compared to the poor.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: