Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Guidance in How to Fork a Coin  (Read 461 times)
itos (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

Hi, I wanted to know which are good steps for the fork of a coin. Since the community agreed that we need to change an algorithm of diff in the coin. I think dogecoin in some moment fork, also other coins too and they recovered the coins in the fork. Which would be the best path so no one loses the coins that they have right now? Thanks I really appreciate any help or suggestions if you have forked a coin before.

So far I have done the fork in Github, download it to my computer and found the coin that needs to be changed.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:35:54 PM

Hi, I wanted to know which are good steps for the fork of a coin. Since the community agreed that we need to change an algorithm of diff in the coin. I think dogecoin in some moment fork, also other coins too and they recovered the coins in the fork. Which would be the best path so no one loses the coins that they have right now? Thanks I really appreciate any help or suggestions if you have forked a coin before.

So far I have done the fork in Github, download it to my computer and found the coin that needs to be changed.

You cannot fork a coin where people do not lose unless it is a dev issued pre planned event.

~BCX~
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:37:02 PM

First, change as many variables as you can find. The more, the better.

Then, release the new client completely unannounced.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:06:26 AM

just piss bcx off.

he'll fork the coin for you!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:28:18 AM

First, change as many variables as you can find. The more, the better.

Then, release the new client completely unannounced.
stop stealing catcoin's best moves.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: