Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW: WAR OF LIFE GAME!] The Real Altcoin [SHA-256]  (Read 36820 times)
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:10:57 PM

Anyway, Thanks for donations to 15Ucc3jBx1ZUamR18EsjdSbSzARXtUjbPF
I actually recieved some. :-)

MPOE: Well, I still know of nothing better than science for trying to understand this world by putting it on solid objective basis. Just... we can never be sure that we are right. But the probability is overwhelmingly better with some laws than with another.

So the difficulty is about 8900x lower than BTC. Hashrate should be 2.38 THash/s. Yep, you are right. But "more significant" SHA256 altcoins have larger diff than 250k. Terracoin has 600k.

Did you receive some in the physical or in the metaphysical sense?

This is Bitcoin block explorer. I was speaking of Altcoins.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

This is Bitcoin block explorer. I was speaking of Altcoins.

So you see my point, do you.

...wondering how you can afford to pay bounties?
Quote from: ThickAsThieves
Are there any words that can account for something that has yet to happen?
Yes. It's known as "communicating your plans to others". Without doing this, it's hard to be sure of other people's support.
I told you the plan, no?
No. You told us your ideas.
I have 'plans' to buy a couple of RollsRoyces. But unless I've got a spare GBP200k (or the means to get it), it's just an idea, not a plan.
So can I ask: do you have a PLAN for funding bounties, or are you just wee-weeing into the wind?

You just wanted assurances, so I gave you some!
I see no assurances (=guarantees) in your reply. Did you mean reassurance, which is a much more vague critter?
And no, if I'd wanted reassurance I'd be, like: "ooh, I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing here, could someone please tell me I'm OK?"

Compare this with someone seeking answers who asks: "how are you planning to do this?"

The problem here is that we don't know who you are and we don't care, whereas you don't know who he is and do care.

The solution here isn't to whine at us, but to go do your reading.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:17:56 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 09:27:09 PM by ThickAsThieves

Dear ThickAsThieves,
nature is not metaphysical as it follows the laws of physics. Those laws might not be in our grasp, we will never know them fully and we can never be sure that our senses are not deceived at any given time or even all the time. For what it is worth, all our experiences can be just a set of electrical signal implanted into our solipsistic brain (in a vat) by some sophisticated computer.
But some laws exists and nature unfolds by those laws.

Even if all intelligent life and imagination ceases to exists and even if the life itself ceases to exists, universe will still be here, existing, following the laws of nature (or laws of physics depending on what you mean by nature).

While you are correct that the laws of nature are not in our grasp, you underestimate the full scope and weight of that constant. You speak as if we could actually hold and understand such a thing as metaphysical as Nature itself.  Nothing exists until it exists. Did fish dream of nuclear power before man created it? Did seaweed dream of singing before man discovered the breaking point of sound? Was the earth flat until it was round? Are we not just spermatozoa, thrust into a womb? This womb, our paradigm; these approximations, our laws.

Through perverting the laws of the past, we pave a path to the future. If laws only exist to be broken, are they not but momentary paradigms? Are not paradigms only windows into the metaphysical?

In this endless echo, how long will you persist? Laws of Physics are tiny pencil marks on a doorway. They define the height of our understanding, until they do not. Are we growing up, or growing old?

Metaphysical is laying beyond physics (or beside it, after it in the case of original books by Aristotle). Reasoning without empirical evidence, philosophy, even religion can intersect this domain. The part of reality existing only in our imaginations is... well our imagination only. It is beautiful woeul, but sitl bound, countable and abiding laws of logic.

What is metaphor? What is irony? What is satire? What is humor? All the questions of degree, of measure, of right proportions. Who decides what is appropriate, what is adequate, what is excessive or deficient? Each individual for himself. Although many of them desire their subjective measure to be objective.

Nothing can exists only in the present. Four-dimensional reality does not like infinitely thin objects in either of its dimensions. Although we are raping Minkowski now. There is no paradox. Only misunderstanding and multitudes of motivations, conceptualizations and expressions of single underlaying principle of Human Action. There is no painter.
Altcoin might aspire to be Proper class, which it is not. But thanks to Zermelo, choice of your Altcoin is logical.

Quite the opposite. What is time but just another measurement, another "law"? Time measures the distance between infinite echos. Marked by perceived observable events, events in which time exists for only a moment. Time is a stamp adhered to an e-mail.

Nature is infinite, it is perpetual. It happens before the beginning and after the end. The only time you will ever see it, is right now.

Without Altcoin, all altcoins would be purposeless.
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:22:23 PM

Where is the marketplace for these coins?

On IRC.

Broadcasted to buy some, no biters. However people are getting donations in this thread, so I'll throw my address into the pile...

1Bg3mbwtnu5VB1jGgyhX3JatYZfieCkDhd
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:25:26 PM

Is my bfgminer only checking for a new block every two minutes or something?
I have the same issue... found it weird but never realizel this might be why I'm not mining that much now.

Looks like expiry setting controls this, but not sure exactly what raising it or lowering it will do.
Yeah found the settings, they were 60/120 for me. I'm trying with something like -s1 -E5.

This works, at least somewhat. Solved one with the above settings. Blocks still being solved about every 8-10 seconds by someone though. Will take some time for the diff to catch up, then the settings should probably go back to 60/120. Unlike most altcoins, it's pretty easy to aim massive hash in the Tb/s range for a day or so, and it won't even make a ripple in the BTC hash. Not like Doge causing a drop in LTC global hash. There are a ton of ASIC's out there.
ZephramC

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:36:36 PM

Just for the record: Approximate price for 1 ALT should be 0.00000549 BTC or 0.0002 LTC or 0.44 cents.
(Hashrate is 8900x lower than BTC but in addition to that the reward is also 20.48x higher than BTC.)
ZephramC

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:43:47 PM

My estimate yields market cap 37.5 BTC. That is actually quite a lot!
I wonder how this number compares with theoretical scenario: What if everyone mining ALT in past 24 hours would be mining BTC instead. How much BTC would be mined by this "ALT network"?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:49:31 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:30:37 AM by iGotSpots

I've got about 407,000 of these that I don't care about saving

Who wants to buy like 8% of the coins so far?  Wink

MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:57:48 PM

I've got about 407 of these that I don't care about saving

If I actually had a wallet and it weren't less than the tx fee I'd offer 0.0005 BTC on that.

Mine moar.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 12:30:50 AM

I've got about 407 of these that I don't care about saving

If I actually had a wallet and it weren't less than the tx fee I'd offer 0.0005 BTC on that.

Mine moar.

I have 407,000

Forgot to add the k to the end of 407k

MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:34:24 AM

What's your offer for 8008.5 ATC?

A bitcent?

I have 407,000

Forgot to add the k to the end of 407k

So then half a btc.

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:53:04 AM

I've got about 407,000 of these that I don't care about saving

I am. I can offer bitcoin, litecoin, or USD. Please check PM
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:31:42 AM

Diff quadruple to 16K. Average block time around 20 seconds now.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:32:42 AM

OK then....Wanting to trade 100K of Altcoin, trade me for some TIPS !
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:36:51 AM

Wouldn't it be a lot nicer if you just made a bid here, like a transparent, honest businessman?

lewicki

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:33:23 AM

Looking to purchase 10k-100k ATC with BTC.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:46:27 AM

Wouldn't it be a lot nicer if you just made a bid here, like a transparent, honest businessman?

Good point.  This would be better in the open.

I will offer 0.47 BTC for 470k ALT. 

I would prefer to use bitcoin for the trade.  However, I am open to using USD.  The method of transfer may be a little tricky.

Escrow with JohnK or another forum escrow member should also be used.  I'm not sure if JohnK around at the moment.  The last I read in his escrow thread was that he was away for a few weeks.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

Good point.  This would be better in the open.

I will offer 0.47 BTC for 470k ALT. 

I would prefer to use bitcoin for the trade.  However, I am open to using USD.  The method of transfer may be a little tricky.

Escrow with JohnK or another forum escrow member should also be used.  I'm not sure if JohnK around at the moment.  The last I read in his escrow thread was that he was away for a few weeks.

I misread the number of ALT that you have.  I also saw that there was another offer of 0.5 BTC so I'll update my offer to 0.60 BTC for 407k ALT
lewicki

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:09:14 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 04:21:18 AM by lewicki

I misread the number of ALT that you have.  I also saw that there was another offer of 0.5 BTC so I'll update my offer to 0.60 BTC for 407k ALT
You honestly think the network is worth $220k, and for mining for less than a day? At this rate, we'll hit the BTC market cap. within 54 days.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:21:33 AM

Looking to purchase 10k-100k ATC with BTC.

Selling 100K ATC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: