Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your tokens trading 0.2x in exchange.  (Read 355 times)
diangunz

Activity: 503
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:44:24 AM

if you believe in ico project ,, try to hold for long term, follow keep the news, but if you have doubts, better sell it, while ico condition is not good for now, not like last year

LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:44:38 AM

While it depends on the ICO and the coin, I think if you really believe in it after the ICO, you should probably hold it.

But if it's from a bounty or just a one-time-thing probably better off selling.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:22:13 AM

If you got that tokens from bounty then better to sell them for the decent price but if someone invested during the ICO then he should keep patience if we selling means we are going to lose our capital.
IMO If tokens are from the bounty, it's even better to hold them, because you didn't invest any money.
Don't be too greedy because most of the tokens will never reach the ICO price after listed on exchange and many were fade away too so make some money and you can convert those coins into an growing altcoins like litecoin in the long term the risk will be less if we invest on the potential coins.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
cryptoasis (OP)

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:22:06 PM

Thank you guys for your valuable suggestions.  Its wise to give some time learning about the ICO you are getting in.  I see may tokens less than 0.2x in icodrops within few weeks after exchange listing.  Don't dump your token so hard and it seems impossible to rise back again specially bounty hunters and those got tokens through pools with great discount and presale buys with great discount.  It kind of kill the belief and possibilities to rise.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:49:41 PM

If you got that tokens from bounty then better to sell them for the decent price but if someone invested during the ICO then he should keep patience if we selling means we are going to lose our capital.
IMO If tokens are from the bounty, it's even better to hold them, because you didn't invest any money.
Don't be too greedy because most of the tokens will never reach the ICO price after listed on exchange and many were fade away too so make some money and you can convert those coins into an growing altcoins like litecoin in the long term the risk will be less if we invest on the potential coins.

I agree with this, most coins dump on the initial listing after ICO and it takes them very long time to reach new ATH or even never reach it. But in the scenario we are talking, the coin is already at 0.2 ICO price, so the chance to sell it high is gone. Would you sell your bounty on this kind of dip or rather hold with hope to recover?
belochoi

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:52:28 PM

keep them! if you sell them now, it does not guarantee that your next purchase das you 5 times more money!
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

Oh this kind of trend seems to be a treeeend lol.

I remember coinlancer Sad it pumped till 2x of its price then look at where it is now. its 10% of the ICO price and is a big disappointment.

I've got big losses from those tho. Mainly, time because I thought they'd be airdropping big time. LOL What a mistake.

Anyways its a good project. We just have bad market ATM.
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:00:35 PM

If you think that the project can have long-term potential just keep it... Soon or later the price will catch with the real market value of the project

Yara1996

Activity: 158

ONe Social Network

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:11:06 PM

I think at such a price should not sell it will be just illogical and very costly, I think it's better to wait a long time or a gentleman or a missing one!

AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:13:06 PM

I would probably hold, because selling under the ICO price is a bad idea. You tell about good news, that don't have any impact at the price, but personally I wouldn't care about it much. You never know what can cause a hype around a project - some partership or nice words about the project said by some highly-respected guy.

kris679

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:14:20 PM

This is very often because you need to take into account the fact that the market is not in its best condition, so just be patient and wait for growth!
Sier86

Activity: 154

X-Block.io

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:14:50 PM

Hi. You were excited about the project and get into ICO, but once token released and listed on exchange, it pumped and dumped and stabilized the price at around 0.20x from ICO price for a long time, which even with some slight good news, i.e, beta release, did not do much impact in price.  What would be your next step?  HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?

if your tokens are at x0.2 from ico that means that team sold to many tokens in private with very big discount,selling their own tokens aswell or just overpriced their tokens value, i sold some of such project- exepty and fundrequest, it was good experinece not to invest in such projects in future, so sell and forget about them

X-Block.io
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:12:06 PM

Bounty hunters always needs to be paid, so if they see it for a long time it's better to sell and don't wait more   
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:16:42 PM

If it's trading at 0.2x ICO price then I would get out now. It obviously doesn't have much strength if it can't even return to its original price level. It is highly unlikely that it will ever go back above its ICO price, and there are so many more promising coins to invest in that have the potential to 5x or more. Sometimes you have to accept defeat, and take a loss.
nitanshgupta77

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:22:22 PM

same thing happend ed with BNK I AM SCARED
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:23:41 PM

Why did you get excited abt the project in the first place? Was it to sell at first chance? If you are really invested in the project and its possibilities, then it shouldn't really matter what happens short term. Most blockchain projects need at least a year or more to be able to show anything worthwhile.

If it was all about a quick buck, than I get it, but selling at such a loss is your own choice. If you don't feel invested anymore, then maybe you should move on. Take your losses and put it there where chances are much higher you will make a profit.

I personally accept my losses easily. I have patience and am waiting for the next real bull run, during which all these lesser performing projects will rise out of the ashes too Smiley

I once had an airdrop coin that was worth $100 dollars a week before but the value dropped to about $1.5 three weeks later. But I'm still holding it because I have faith that it would succeed.
Selling coins at any price is okay for me, as long as you meet your targets and you don't make losses. However I seriously long for the time when cryptocurrencies will be used for what they're intended for.

Fosco

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:26:13 PM

Sell when the ico end and wait and buy Smiley
Super_Leyla

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:26:55 PM

I know what you mean. I am now in a similar situation. I made a decision to keep until the price grows.
Although there is a temptation to transfer them into existing coins while the price for them is also low.
I'm in doubt.
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 07:31:04 PM

If you really believe in the project's success, i think a good strategy would be to buy more tokens at the current 0.2x price in order to average down the amount that you have spent for the tokens. So if you buy enough tokens, a 2X increase from now would be enough to get back to having profit.

omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:31:49 PM

If it's trading at 0.2x ICO price then I would get out now. It obviously doesn't have much strength if it can't even return to its original price level. It is highly unlikely that it will ever go back above its ICO price, and there are so many more promising coins to invest in that have the potential to 5x or more. Sometimes you have to accept defeat, and take a loss.

And what are the metrics you use in measuring potential failure projects? There have been instances where coins originally thought to have less value have suddenly soared when I sold it. And then I ask myself why I didn't hold on.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: