Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your tokens trading 0.2x in exchange.  (Read 355 times)
cryptoasis (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:31:31 AM

Hi. You were excited about the project and get into ICO, but once token released and listed on exchange, it pumped and dumped and stabilized the price at around 0.20x from ICO price for a long time, which even with some slight good news, i.e, beta release, did not do much impact in price.  What would be your next step?  HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:34:36 AM

Hi. You were excited about the project and get into ICO, but once token released and listed on exchange, it pumped and dumped and stabilized the price at around 0.20x from ICO price for a long time, which even with some slight good news, i.e, beta release, did not do much impact in price.  What would be your next step?  HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?

If you got that tokens from bounty then better to sell them for the decent price but if someone invested during the ICO then he should keep patience if we selling means we are going to lose our capital.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:37:06 AM

Why did you get excited abt the project in the first place? Was it to sell at first chance? If you are really invested in the project and its possibilities, then it shouldn't really matter what happens short term. Most blockchain projects need at least a year or more to be able to show anything worthwhile.

If it was all about a quick buck, than I get it, but selling at such a loss is your own choice. If you don't feel invested anymore, then maybe you should move on. Take your losses and put it there where chances are much higher you will make a profit.

I personally accept my losses easily. I have patience and am waiting for the next real bull run, during which all these lesser performing projects will rise out of the ashes too Smiley
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:40:06 AM

Most of the time, if the project 0.2 X, it means that the project may not enough supporters or the project early investors get more preferential credit, so you need to be cautious.

cryptoasis (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:43:34 AM

Hi. You were excited about the project and get into ICO, but once token released and listed on exchange, it pumped and dumped and stabilized the price at around 0.20x from ICO price for a long time, which even with some slight good news, i.e, beta release, did not do much impact in price.  What would be your next step?  HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?

If you got that tokens from bounty then better to sell them for the decent price but if someone invested during the ICO then he should keep patience if we selling means we are going to lose our capital.

Yes, you are right, but there is possibility to multiple your capital in other coins rather than to HODL the bag of non-moving coins.  Sometimes, it becomes impossible thinking that my 0.2x coin will multiply 5 times to get my capital.
cryptoasis (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:47:35 AM

Why did you get excited abt the project in the first place? Was it to sell at first chance? If you are really invested in the project and its possibilities, then it shouldn't really matter what happens short term. Most blockchain projects need at least a year or more to be able to show anything worthwhile.

If it was all about a quick buck, than I get it, but selling at such a loss is your own choice. If you don't feel invested anymore, then maybe you should move on. Take your losses and put it there where chances are much higher you will make a profit.

I personally accept my losses easily. I have patience and am waiting for the next real bull run, during which all these lesser performing projects will rise out of the ashes too Smiley

ya.. that is what I am thinking too.  I will wait until another bull run and take at least my capital.  Hope, it will come sooner.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

If it is an ICO than i will get out of it as soon as possible, as the current market scenario for ICOs is not that great and the future of ICOs is looking very dim. Also most of the ICOs are just failing or exit scamming its users. Every few days there is a big ICO duping its investors and running away.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:00:56 AM

Hi. You were excited about the project and get into ICO, but once token released and listed on exchange, it pumped and dumped and stabilized the price at around 0.20x from ICO price for a long time, which even with some slight good news, i.e, beta release, did not do much impact in price.  What would be your next step?  HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?

Per my understanding you are totally talking about Endor  Grin Grin

ICOs these days are going through a bad phase and specially if they dont have the proper token matrics this is whats happening to them. Real Examples are Utrust and Endor at the moment.
Personally, I am not investing much in ICOs and I buy them after exchange listings on dump.

Now about your question, if its that cheap and if I trust the project to get back to ICO price in future, I will double down here to average out the price. And May be come out of it when it reaches 0.50 ICO price.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:02:34 AM

It's a sad world out there full of scammers.
If it's already 0.2x the price I would just left it there

BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

ya.. that is what I am thinking too.  I will wait until another bull run and take at least my capital.  Hope, it will come sooner.
We all think the same, but believe me when bull market has come greedy will stop you. You'll think maybe this is just the beginning of the bull market? When prices was high on december 2017 I didn't sell because I was greedy, I was defeated  by greed. I hold when I should sell and I bought when I should sell.
So it's not easy task for you. Be careful with high prices and bull market . You should have plan, maybe some simple plan when you'll be ready to sell and keep it in your mind.  That's necessary believe me. Without that you'll miss bull market and lose your money again.
iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:07:37 AM

If you believe in the project and the people running the project are executing their business plan then I would continue to HODL. I generally sell tokens or coins only when they have (a) hit my price target and I now consider them fully valued or (b) have failed to execute their business plan or done something else that has caused me to lose confidence in them. These are startups you are investing in and often it takes a couple years before they gain traction.

telepath

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:19:44 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 10:05:36 AM by telepath

My next step would be - not buying shitcoins anymore  Grin

If coin dumped 0.2 and you dont understand how you end up this situation and what to do now - you re doing something wrong. When you buy any coin you must have a plan - when to go in and when to go out according to white paper, milestones, news and market condition overall.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:25:22 AM

If your token price fall so much, I would suggest you won't sell it, unless it's some urgent situation and you need money now. Otherwise, if it's a solid project, there is a big chance it will be climbing up in value and return to ICO price. Then you can decide if sell or hold.

IMO If tokens are from the bounty, it's even better to hold them, because you didn't invest any money.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:26:36 AM

HODL it in anticipation of some great news or sell it?
If I were you I would immediately sell it as soon as my intuition tells me to after I have researched them again to cut losses because most of the time when a token dumps a lot and good news are not affecting it, the possibility of it being a shitcoin in the near future is very high and I wouldn't dare wait for another great news specially when I see the team accomplishing all of their planned things to do in roadmap(but price still hasn't risen above ICO price).
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:27:28 AM

In such a situation, I would prefer to sell these tokens. But this is not a unique situation, now the vast majority of tokens are traded much lower than the price of placement on the exchange.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

I advice you to just hold your token until the bitcoin price go up again.
the price your token going down because of the crash of the market. better wait for the market to recover.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
keycellko

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

For tokens, never sell below ico price. If the tokens pumped and dumped it means ot has the pltential to pump. There are a lot of reasons for a dump. Sometimes the market is just low and is still having a hard time to recover, sometimes the marketing of the coin is not that good. Balance it out before you decide to sell.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:39:37 AM

Exactly. No one is investing money in ICO projects and accepts lower pennies than when buying ICO. There are a lot of pennies after the listed are all down. But in the future, the price will increase. I'm very sure about that

ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:40:14 AM

This is a common scenario when participating in ICOs. But if you truly believe in the project and the team's capability to deliver. Then it shouldn't worry you in the long term. But if you're looking for a quick flip. then i suggest participate on the hype icos
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:42:24 AM

Even as a bounty hunter, it is not good for you to dump the tokens that you worked for, by spending your precious time and effort in ensuring the success of the project. Most times, i prefer to sell at the price that every investor that invested his money would want to sell. I think it is high time we realized that we need to always be patient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: