Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What next?  (Read 1902 times)
Noviz

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 04:07:10 PM

Noviz, could you give me a hint how to implement good anti-duplicate account measure? =) Just keep in mind - this is bitcoin, not credit cards used to fund account.

I know a bit about online security. And running 10 virtual boxes with VPNs set to different IP address seems like an easy solution against any anti-duplicate measure right now. =)

Remember - there are no 100% secure websites. And you can't do it. What you should try to do - make it economically nonsense to exploit "flaws" (just like bitcoins 51% attack - it can be done, but with this amount of power you can get much more legitimate way).

Where I was mistaken - amount of incentive needed to make people try to use this "flaw".

Ok fair enough, I see your point... but what surprised me was that you didn't seem to have put any thought into duplicate user security at all, judging by your previous posts. I suppose the anonymity of bitcoins compared to credit cards is one of the fundamental pitfalls that gambling sites will have to cope with.
But I still think you were abit naive in thinking that no one would try to exploit the flaw Tongue If its there then someone will always exploit it.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:12:45 PM

I put more global measures in place preventing large scams. Small scams.. I assume this is just business operation expenses? =))

My current measure is to control it manually. And prevent it early. Also I have some hard prevention mechanism in place which keep site from loosing many coins at once. I have some ideas how to make it more sophisticated and automated, but current profit from this project does not make any sense to do it (just like it would not make any sense for someone to build bot for this site - too much time and too little profit).

I am more interested in... if 26 "free" bitcents per hour is interesting for people, will 2 bitcents interesting as well? Where is this line where it become economically not worth it?

petercyr

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 04:23:10 PM

There's pretty much no way you could verify user uniqueness without involving some more official channels..

IPs, emails, bitcoin addresses, forum users, cookies, sessions, system hash, etc etc can all be generated unlimited for free or faked.

Anonymity definitely has its downsides when it comes to enforcing security.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: