Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. Altcoins  (Read 392 times)
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 05:31:53 AM

Bitcoin is good investment for Long-Term. If you want to invest on Bitcoin, maybe its time to buy ( cause at this time bitcoin price going down, more than 50% from last year ).

But, Long-Term its not suitable for me, and i do not interest to hold Bitcoin for Big Amount.

For me, altcoin is good for trading..

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Mbok Ajeng

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:43:21 AM

BTC is still a good choice for long-term investments because the huge profits make btc favored by many people. currently, I still choose btc as an investment that gives big profit.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:08:06 PM

Hard to say, because both btc and some altcoins are good. But you need to know, that bitcoin is the best and in my opinion invest on this is always a good idea.

I certainly agree. Both are a good one to invest with, not only bitcoin but there are also some high potential altcoins which are worth to invest. It is always wise to do to diversify your portfolio and not put all your eggs in one basket.

I also agree with both being as equally valuable when it comes to crypto trading etc. BTC is the mother of altcoins but even some altcoins have perhaps surpassed the expected market value and if you're knowledgeable enough you can spot those in trend and spread out to altcoins for some profit.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 08:16:18 PM

BTC is still a good choice for long-term investments because the huge profits make btc favored by many people. currently, I still choose btc as an investment that gives big profit.
actually, bitcoin and altcoin are interrelated. even we can see it now. bitcoin is like leading the entire price of altcoin. so, when the bitcoin price is falling, the altcoin price will also fall. well, it's normally like that. but I prefer to use altcoin to get a lot of bitcoin.
Apparently you are very much sure that Bitcoin will return its maximum value again, as it was in 2017. To date, a lot of crypto currency users have become disillusioned with Bitcoin.
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

The Company of bitcoin is much better than alternativecoins because bitcoin business is proven to the public through their great services to their investors and capability in this business.
wavesroom

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:08:32 PM

I think Bitcoin has the qualities to be considered coin.

A coin would be more usefull for society if its value is stable, as people could predict investments and offer products and services. So, it is a question of more people using bitcoin.
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:12:54 PM

Hello all! On my opinion right now better have deal with alt coins nobody know what will happens tomorrow! Maybe next Satoshi will create better version of Bitcoin and alt coins not will be so popular! I don't know!

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
molenracing

Activity: 199

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

I think between Bitcoin and altcoin is interdependent, Bitcoin can advance because of Altcoin. And Altcoin will never exist if there is no Bitcoin. if talking which one is better, it is clear Bitcoin better than Altcoin, this has been proven from the value of Bitcoin far above Altcoin.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

Many altcoin are providing better technologies and facilities than bitcoin. Still bitcoin is the king crypto and it will have a influence over the market. Now among the alts I like Etherum the most as it is growing very fast      
It is very considerate to invest a certain coin which have a huge potentiality of gaining. Thus, in the current situation we had, bitcoin isn't quite profitable than of some alts. Can't we just only refer to Ethereum but also to other altcoins just like NEO, Ripple and Tronix. They are a good competitor in the market race and simply have possibilities to grow.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:19:58 PM

Hello all! On my opinion right now better have deal with alt coins nobody know what will happens tomorrow! Maybe next Satoshi will create better version of Bitcoin and alt coins not will be so popular! I don't know!
You're wrong. Altcoins play a big role in the world of cryptocurrencies. During the peak of the growing popularity of bitcoin in the past year, we saw how transactions get stuck for a few days. Altcoins have accumulated extra money and made the network more stable. Now they may fall in value but once bitcoin recovers they will rise in value more than bitcoin.
ummart66

Activity: 93
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Most of the altcoins I've bought have under performed when compared to Eth/BTC. I'm a long-term believer in COSS, however. With COSS you get paid out dividends collected from the site's transaction fees. I'm really hoping their site takes off and starts paying out a lot more. If the exchange grows as much as other exchanges, it can be a very profitable crypto to invest in.

auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:24:35 PM

bitcoin is always better than alt, for alt i just choose and hold alt which has its own blockchain and has smart contract platform.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:45:16 PM

Altcoins are far more dangerous investments because the small market cap that most of them have, they tend to be much more voltality then bitcoin.

Altcoins usually provide some solutions to things that bitcoin doesn't have or they come to offer a very limited section of things, like decentralized betting or decentralized exchange, they do aim to provide decentralized systems of their network.

On the other hand bitcoin has been here for very long and is counted to medium risk investment compared to the cryptocurrency world, the main purpose of bitcoin is to transfer value and it has been keeping value for about 10 years, bitcoin has been here for longer and that's why people trusts it more.
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

Which one do you think is a better investment?
Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

Comment your opinions on which are better and why.
So, you right altcoins really apart from trading can give us many interesting and useful features. But bitcoin is already a popular way of payment, and as a result many people can not refuse to use it.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:52:03 PM

Most of the altcoins I've bought have under performed when compared to Eth/BTC. I'm a long-term believer in COSS, however. With COSS you get paid out dividends collected from the site's transaction fees. I'm really hoping their site takes off and starts paying out a lot more. If the exchange grows as much as other exchanges, it can be a very profitable crypto to invest in.

COSS started as very promising alternative to regular exchanges by using the concept of reward based on the amount of COSS token held on exchange. Due to fascinating concept, it first raised $5-6M, then gathered users on large scale and then value of token rose 4-5x. But after the intro of DEX like IDEX, use of platforms like COSS diminished. Main reason for that is the withdrawal fees charged by COSS to compensate COSS holders is very high. So I don't think it is wise choice to go for COSS now.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

I think doing day trading with btc is good
You can get 1-3% daily

But hodling altcoins is bad
Simply buy and sell altcoins
Sell when it pumps
Buy when it dips dipper dipped
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:43:34 PM

I think bitcoin technically is getting outdated. Other than being the first, and everything trading to it, I cant see why it would be so great.

Altcoins have much more sophisticated algorithms, providing faster and cheaper transactions, a platform for ICOs or dApps, etc.
Some altcoins could really pass BTC. I hate having the dependance with BTC, but I guess they are trading into each other, so thatties them close.

I'd go for ETH, it will have a hard fork in December, 2018, possibly moving to PoS.
True. Bitcoin has become technically outdated and is alive in the market just because of the hype created by the people across the world and due to it being the main trading pair on most of the exchanges. Still most of the top exchanges don’t offer trading of crypto currencies with fiat currencies which has increased the dependence on bitcoin. This is also the reason that altcoins drop and rise with variation in price of BTC.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:29:29 AM

According to me, altcoins have always been a better investment than bitcoin. Altcoins are technically much more advanced than bitcoin is. BTC has issues such as scalability, liquidity and also has high transaction fees and more confirmation time. Altcoins don’t only solve these issues, they also provide additional applications in particular fields. For example: XRP solves banking problems by providing cross border payments more liquidity and reducing transaction fees and increasing the speed.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:34:01 AM

I think bitcoin technically is getting outdated. Other than being the first, and everything trading to it, I cant see why it would be so great.

Altcoins have much more sophisticated algorithms, providing faster and cheaper transactions, a platform for ICOs or dApps, etc.
Some altcoins could really pass BTC. I hate having the dependance with BTC, but I guess they are trading into each other, so thatties them close.

I'd go for ETH, it will have a hard fork in December, 2018, possibly moving to PoS.
True. Bitcoin has become technically outdated and is alive in the market just because of the hype created by the people across the world and due to it being the main trading pair on most of the exchanges. Still most of the top exchanges don’t offer trading of crypto currencies with fiat currencies which has increased the dependence on bitcoin. This is also the reason that altcoins drop and rise with variation in price of BTC.
Bitcoin is really outdated and quiet not improving, but its doesn't mean that bitcoin is not great. Altcoins are still base on the price movements of bitcoin, people still love this technology and not pure of hype. Too many altcoins that makes them low in value because of too much competition. I still see bitcoin on top in the future, better to invest both in btc and good altcoins.
lenini

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:52:02 AM

And what to oppose here, while there is a speculative connection between bitcoin and altcoyins.
Bitcoin is the main currency for investing in altcoins. When traders want to close their positions, they sell altcoins in exchange for bitcoin. Accordingly, the demand for altcoyne fueled interest in Bitcoin. At the same time, many investors store their savings in bitcoin instead of exchanging for fiat, in order to quickly re-establish the right positions in the market when opportunities arise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: