Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:56:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. Altcoins  (Read 392 times)
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:52:45 AM

I think bitcoin technically is getting outdated. Other than being the first, and everything trading to it, I cant see why it would be so great.

Altcoins have much more sophisticated algorithms, providing faster and cheaper transactions, a platform for ICOs or dApps, etc.
Some altcoins could really pass BTC. I hate having the dependance with BTC, but I guess they are trading into each other, so thatties them close.

I'd go for ETH, it will have a hard fork in December, 2018, possibly moving to PoS.
True. Bitcoin has become technically outdated and is alive in the market just because of the hype created by the people across the world and due to it being the main trading pair on most of the exchanges. Still most of the top exchanges don’t offer trading of crypto currencies with fiat currencies which has increased the dependence on bitcoin. This is also the reason that altcoins drop and rise with variation in price of BTC.
Bitcoin is really outdated and quiet not improving, but its doesn't mean that bitcoin is not great. Altcoins are still base on the price movements of bitcoin, people still love this technology and not pure of hype. Too many altcoins that makes them low in value because of too much competition. I still see bitcoin on top in the future, better to invest both in btc and good altcoins.
what are you talking about are you sleeping? bitcoin is slowly getting better and better your the only one that is outdated lightning network is the best thing can happen to bitcoin it will help users and merchant with it you can send bitcoins instantly and fees almost cost nothing.
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:56:49 AM

now there are many tools for investment is to expand the horizons. here you have a few people will help you need to develop your own strategy
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:21:52 AM

And what to oppose here, while there is a speculative connection between bitcoin and altcoyins.
Bitcoin is the main currency for investing in altcoins. When traders want to close their positions, they sell altcoins in exchange for bitcoin. Accordingly, the demand for altcoyne fueled interest in Bitcoin. At the same time, many investors store their savings in bitcoin instead of exchanging for fiat, in order to quickly re-establish the right positions in the market when opportunities arise.
Yeah, a lot of it depends on timing anyway. There is really more like a period for altcoin and a period for bitcoin and most times, if you can really get it right, you will simply be making a lot of good decision in the market as to which to invest at a particular point in time. One thing I have learned however is to stay in fiat when bitcoin is in a downtrend, buy back bitcoin and engage alts when bitcoin is in consolidation or slow move, as altcoins get to increase hugely during this period and get out of alts immediately if bitcoin starts showing sign of further downtrend or a bull run.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
niublity

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:27:34 AM

The facts prove that Bitcoin is still the best choice, Altcoin is now more suitable for short-term trading (small-band trading), if you worry about the risk of investment is too big, then Bitcoin is the best choice!

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:30:22 AM

bitcoin vs altcoin  Huh

very unsuitable and bitcoin not worth to be compared with any alt. what bitcoin possessed and made it able to survive today is the main reason I keep hold of it.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:07:15 AM

now there are many tools for investment is to expand the horizons. here you have a few people will help you need to develop your own strategy
Yeah, the idea of diversifying is to at least spread the risk, but when it comes to long term hold, I want to believe bitcoin sure do have a lot of great potential when compared to most altcoins. Just very few altcoins anyway do have a good community and less volatility as most of them are pretty much like a pump and dump based on how bitcoin movement is perceived.

Until the whole market of altcoin can stand on its own, I guess one will just have to time which market to be in based on the way bitcoin moves. many people are her suggesting to go for altcoin investments but personally I do prefer just holding my bitcoins as it give me enough returns for years of holding and more importantly with great peace of mind too.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:54:47 AM

I'm holding DeepOnion, a privacy altcoin that uses Tor to protect the identity of users. If you know that the former leader of privacy cryptos reached $1500 ATH, then you know that the privacy market is not a joke. Check the link in my signature and you will be impressed by how much change this project is doing compared to the rest of the market. They finished their 40-week free public airdrop and the price is still low if you want to grab some.
Deeponion is indeed a great privacy coin and according to me it has higher chance of getting listed on dark web. XMR was recently rising quite a bit due to its increased use on dark web, but It took a hit after people encountered transaction issues with it.

Deeponion may be the next privacy coin that might get listed on dark web after bitcoin and XMR. It provides high security and privacy to its users and the transactions are untraceable.
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:50:21 PM

Which one do you think is a better investment?
Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

Comment your opinions on which are better and why.
if required choose between Bitcoin and altcoin then I will always choose altcoin. Because the price of bitcoin is being manipulated and bitcoin can disappear from the crypto market at any time.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
kelincrad

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

It all depends on your investment. If the long-term it is better to choose bitcoin. But if short-term it is better altcoins
cryptoherr

Activity: 114

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:16:19 PM

i think that Bitcoin is just better to hodl, cause there are a lot of altcoins that wento to an value of 0. One Bitcoin has alwas the value of one Bitcoin so you do not Need to worry

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:41:56 PM

Which one do you think is a better investment?
Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

Comment your opinions on which are better and why.

Bitcoins and altcoins should not be compared because altcoins are created in order to compete with bitcoins and people have variety to choose in cryptocurrency because there are a lot of potential coins in the market.
freim

Activity: 462
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:43:09 PM

Every bitch is going to win this. this has always been the case and will continue in this way. because their head and the lead of this technology are bitcore.
ApemQ

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:47:37 PM

for price issues, altcoin is more affordable than bitcoin. so in this case altcoin is better. for risk issues are all equally at risk, but altcoin is greater at risk than bitcoin, bitcoin is much more reliable than altcoin.
Tirdok

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

I think that bitcoin will remain the leader in the cryptocurrency market. because it has many investors and is widely known all over the world.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:11:19 PM

Bitcoin will remain the best crypto of all and this is why it's labeled as the king of crypto's.

Comparing bitcoin to altcoins is like comparing oranges to apples. Bitcoin is good with many uses as a store value, currency and payment that has been quick in confirmation.

Read this, it's cool: $300 million transferred for 4 cents in fees!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: