Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. Altcoins  (Read 387 times)
Ydentity (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

Which one do you think is a better investment?
Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

Comment your opinions on which are better and why.
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:10:23 PM

I think bitcoin technically is getting outdated. Other than being the first, and everything trading to it, I cant see why it would be so great.

Altcoins have much more sophisticated algorithms, providing faster and cheaper transactions, a platform for ICOs or dApps, etc.
Some altcoins could really pass BTC. I hate having the dependance with BTC, but I guess they are trading into each other, so thatties them close.

I'd go for ETH, it will have a hard fork in December, 2018, possibly moving to PoS.
patykuprova

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:25:19 PM

Which one do you think is a better investment?
Bitcoin is used only for trading purposes whereas there are some altcoins which provides added features along with their purchase. For instance, there are privacy coins/tokens.

Also, there is Ydentity which is the first risk-identity token to use a scientific method of evaluation of the member’s initial condition to issue a predictive model for onboarding and underwriting.

If you are currently holding any altcoins, let me know what kind of added benefits they provide.

Comment your opinions on which are better and why.
Hello, In my opinion, Bitcoin is very necessary in cryptocurrencies market, But nowaday altcoin blockchain technology is superior technology. Altcoin have equipped with fully previous generation technology and be added some new smart funtion! So, the investors should consider invest bitcoin or altcoin depend on their purpose! Better for you when you fully understand about cryptocurrencies!

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:37:13 PM

investments in bitcoin and eth make no difference, they are strongly related to one another, eth values have a very strong dependence on bitcoin in market prices, and for other altcoins I still consider

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

gabchuks
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:40:12 PM

I prefer ethereum.  I don't really know why but it gives me more of what I want than bitcoin. Although the network can be clogged sometimes making it difficult to access but yet it's better
bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

I'm holding DeepOnion, a privacy altcoin that uses Tor to protect the identity of users. If you know that the former leader of privacy cryptos reached $1500 ATH, then you know that the privacy market is not a joke. Check the link in my signature and you will be impressed by how much change this project is doing compared to the rest of the market. They finished their 40-week free public airdrop and the price is still low if you want to grab some.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:49:13 PM

I think bitcoin technically is getting outdated. Other than being the first, and everything trading to it, I cant see why it would be so great.

Altcoins have much more sophisticated algorithms, providing faster and cheaper transactions, a platform for ICOs or dApps, etc.
Some altcoins could really pass BTC. I hate having the dependance with BTC, but I guess they are trading into each other, so thatties them close.

I'd go for ETH, it will have a hard fork in December, 2018, possibly moving to PoS.

It does not matter if it is technically outdated or not because it is not the best one because of tech it has, therefore it is still the best investment.
IMNOOBODY

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

Pioneers are leaders very often at any market. The market of cryptocurrencies is not an exception to the rule. Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency since it has started. But ETH can give a strong competition to BTC because ETH requires less time to transfer in comparison to BTC.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:30:14 PM

For functionality check out crypviser which is about to go mainstream. It is the first to offer P2p encrypted messaging across the blockchain so there are no servers to hold logs! Whatsapp has server logs, crypviser is decentralised so it can't be blocked, and is attracting a lot of interest. Get is now on sistemkoin before it pumps

elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 07:56:28 AM

Both of the coins are leading position in the market but bitcoin is alone but have lots of investment and still have 1st position in the market also have good future value where as Altcoins are also giant because there is lots of coins like eth, ripple etc but they are also giving good facilities to their customer.
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:09:56 AM

BTC is like gold in the real world. It has special value as hard currency. Many Altcoin expand functions on the basis of BTC. Even function and innovation can not replace BTC. The questions you ask are too wide. It's impossible for me to say every Altcoin function.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:55:31 PM

Well, I will prefer bitcoin than altcoins. As bitcoin is the king of digital currency market and it has the potential to make the investors profitable.
johnabrar

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:34:29 PM

Of course Bitcoin is a better investment. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency in the market and still ranks 1st among all other cryptos in the market. But, altcoins come with more advantages and currently the most promising altcoin in the market is Ethereum.
almanPeter

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

1.   I thoroughly studied the project which is called ‘Socratus’ and I found it really interesting. it is an insurance ecosystem which provide a digital platform for insurance companies. Sounds impressive, this project definitely needs attention.
You should also give it a try, just google and you will find all the information about this project.
Have a nice day
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:49:55 PM

Hard to say, because both btc and some altcoins are good. But you need to know, that bitcoin is the best and in my opinion invest on this is always a good idea.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:56:32 PM

Bitcoin is still (and will remain) the best cryptocurrency as a store-of-wealth and for commercial/consumer use. That means certainly do not invest in Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, DASH, NANO, or other "currency first" coins.

However, there are a wide range of utilites, functionalities, and platforms embodied by numerous altcoins and alternative blockchains. If you are looking to invest in the future of crypto, and its imminent technological adoption, then it may be wiser to invest in projects like Ethereum, Icon, VeChain, etc. etc. etc.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:09:02 AM

Bitcoin is still (and will remain) the best cryptocurrency as a store-of-wealth and for commercial/consumer use. That means certainly do not invest in Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, DASH, NANO, or other "currency first" coins.

However, there are a wide range of utilites, functionalities, and platforms embodied by numerous altcoins and alternative blockchains. If you are looking to invest in the future of crypto, and its imminent technological adoption, then it may be wiser to invest in projects like Ethereum, Icon, VeChain, etc. etc. etc.
Mtgox is the worst part of bitcoin. Mtgox was selling bitcoin anything. I think that the only reliable coin is only ethereum because it can't be considered as security and that means ethereum has the same position as bitcoin itself.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
holigans

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:55:46 AM

I think bitcoin and altcoin are just as good and with so many people investing in Bitcoin and altcoin because at this time altcoin prices have decreased due to the decreased bitcoin movement and not yet stable

Chulahk

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:11:55 AM

Hard to say, because both btc and some altcoins are good. But you need to know, that bitcoin is the best and in my opinion invest on this is always a good idea.

Indeed. We all know for sure that both of these coins are pretty good. But to choose on both of them, I'd rather select Bitcoin. Bitcoin is widely known as the best of the best coin and the King of all cryptocurrency world. On the other hand, there are alt coins that fails to do its job and many alt coins are relying on Bitcoin. BTC is the number one good suggestion or recommendation when it comes to investment and high value of profit.
Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:12:47 AM

I certainly agree. Both are a good one to invest with, not only bitcoin but there are also some high potential altcoins which are worth to invest. It is always wise to do to diversify your portfolio and not put all your eggs in one basket.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: