Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Profitability ASIC vs GPU  (Read 1088 times)
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 01:12:07 PM

Zcash - Still being debated - Proof

As far as i know, ZCASH has made it clear that although they originally promised a ASIC resistant blockchain, they are flaking on their promise and are not interested in developing any anti-ASIC forks. They have even gone as far as banning people who talk about ASICs in their forums.

If you need to find more info on this i believe the user Dmwardjr has made some threads about Zcash and ASICs here in this forum.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
karim_hassan777

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:40:17 PM

is there is any asic made using 7nm or 8nm or 10nm ?
and what about noise is there any solution
texgeek

Activity: 515
Merit: 202

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:11:44 PM

Great post!  Really like.

This Z9 is new to me  Shocked , the problem with this hardwares ,  always when arrive on market explode difficulty of coins ehehehe..

But following the "first come, first serve" , some guys probably make a good profit with this on the firsts machines delivered .

i will try buy some asic on next month, your post will help me a lot.

Thanks for sharing.

open to virtual work
TheGamblerJoe

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:07:32 PM

Price of electricity in my country kills mining Smiley. So bad. Smiley Nice post to have some idea about it.
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:06:36 AM

Hei dude.
Z9 you say $32 / day?
Hahaha

let's see if all batch come to miner. maybe Z9 profitability is about $3. or same with Antminer D3, from $3000 / day to $0.3 haha LOL

welcome to asic miner Wink
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:55:48 AM

The problem is with this list is it can cherry pick certain variables. For instance the d9 and s11 were 6800-7200 and 3200-3500 this time last month. The a5 was 10k and the a9 will prob be 5k on aug batch. Now put that into your calculations. The depreciation on asics from batch to batch is a major factor that makes asics risky. Gpu s dont do that.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:28:38 AM

well you need to compare based on price not only hashrate, based on price you can not compare 1 gpu with 1 asic, it's no sense, also consumption must be compared too
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:08:13 AM

Very interesting indeed. This Bitmain Antminer Z9 Mini is new to me and upon checking it's designed to mine BitcoinGold and I think it's ok as the price is very affordable and the ROI is easy to achieve with the daily profit of $31.22 per day. What do you think guys?

jings007 (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:12:58 AM

Well, but not everybody have the same electricity cost as you. And also, not every ASIC is currently out now.
Btw, the Z9 mini is not available.

The Bitmain Antminer z9 mini is available in 10 stores  take a look at this.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:27:47 AM

Very interesting indeed. This Bitmain Antminer Z9 Mini is new to me and upon checking it's designed to mine BitcoinGold and I think it's ok as the price is very affordable and the ROI is easy to achieve with the daily profit of $31.22 per day. What do you think guys?

Did you read the entire thread?

Yes currently it would make that much however there are potential talks of some coins forking to different algos like Bitcoin Gold.

There is also another issue where there is a huge supply of these miners and once they start shipping in a few weeks the difficulty will skyrocket.

So its more or less what happened with the Litecoin and the Dash ASIC miners.

markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:37:01 PM

I recently watch a huge number of sales of video cards in the secondary market. The history of 2014 is repeated. Sadly of course. We are waiting for hardforks, otherwise the GPU will be very difficult for miners.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:58:53 PM

but the electricity cost in my country is low about 0.08-0.09

so my profit maybe is more than other country

personaly  i remind GPUS

The Middle East?

With that electricity cost, I'm sure that was heaven for the miners. In my area, electricity cost almost doubled from yours. But' I can say for sure, I'm still getting good profit with my current electricity cost. I'm using GPUs as my mining equipment (-I'm not saying that GPU is better than ASIC), I had done with ASICs a few years ago (-my last ASIC is Antminer S2) in 2014 I think. I'd like to explore, and Graphic Cards more suitable for my passion.  Cheesy
lol. 1 kW/h costs about $0.03 around here. I'm feeling lucky Smiley
Cuem

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:33:37 AM

Thought I was lucky at 0.08 but 0.03 is a new low cost electricity record
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:39:51 AM

Price of electricity in my country kills mining Smiley. So bad. Smiley Nice post to have some idea about it.

Well you should be learning ta, understanding how fa plays into it, buying btc without going all in, and FORGET about mining.  Do your own research and make your own judgments.  Learn enough that you can make your own plan.  Whatever the hell you do, don't start mining, if you can't afford to hold on for the long term.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:44:37 AM

Did you read the entire thread?

Yes currently it would make that much however there are potential talks of some coins forking to different algos like Bitcoin Gold.

There is also another issue where there is a huge supply of these miners and once they start shipping in a few weeks the difficulty will skyrocket.

So its more or less what happened with the Litecoin and the Dash ASIC miners.

LOL >>> I would never buy from a company that tells you what the profitability is.  Those are Z9's anyway ... Bitmain product.  I wouldn't buy from them, but if I were going to buy one, I certainly wouldn't buy one from a scammy reseller  Grin Grin Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:18:37 AM

Well, so an ASIC is the future of mining cryptocurrency right? I guess many developers fear that ASICs will lead to the centralization of their cryptocurrencies and undermine their biggest selling point: security. If ASICs make mining inaccessible to most people while concentrating computing power in the hands of a few large mining operations, this arguably makes networks more vulnerable to manipulation or censorship by governments or the companies that own the most ASICs.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:55:59 AM

Well, so an ASIC is the future of mining cryptocurrency right? I guess many developers fear that ASICs will lead to the centralization of their cryptocurrencies and undermine their biggest selling point: security. If ASICs make mining inaccessible to most people while concentrating computing power in the hands of a few large mining operations, this arguably makes networks more vulnerable to manipulation or censorship by governments or the companies that own the most ASICs.

I like the way you think and i completely agree that ASICS "undermine their biggest selling point: security."

People will try to tell you that ASICs are not centralized because anyone can buy it isn't thinking logically. ASICs are not built for home used and should only be run in warehouse/factory style environments. You really can't live in a regular house with a machine generating heat and making 70+ dB noise 24/7. ASIC mining is not for everyone and there for is centralized. Do we want coins to be centralized? No.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:35:40 AM

ASICs are definitely made to be run in industrial environments like wharehouses on 240/220V circuits, but that doesn't mean you can't use them at home with structures to reduce noise and proper ventilation, such as with box fans in a garage and possibly ducting in a basement. I personally run S9s in my basement and garage, and they're not loud at all so as long as you're not in the same room with them. Saying that it's difficult to live with ASICs in an average house is a hyperbole (with proper placement of a machine you may not even need anything to keep noise and heat under control) but I do agree that they're not for the average Joe (though arguably, neither is GPU mining in certain instances), and ASICs do result in centralization of hash (e.g Bitmain wih BTC).
bitblasta

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:34:19 AM

ASICs are definitely made to be run in industrial environments like wharehouses on 240/220V circuits, but that doesn't mean you can't use them at home with structures to reduce noise and proper ventilation, such as with box fans in a garage and possibly ducting in a basement. I personally run S9s in my basement and garage, and they're not loud at all so as long as you're not in the same room with them. Saying that it's difficult to live with ASICs in an average house is a hyperbole (with proper placement of a machine you may not even need anything to keep noise and heat under control) but I do agree that they're not for the average Joe (though arguably, neither is GPU mining in certain instances), and ASICs do result in centralization of hash (e.g Bitmain wih BTC).

how do ASIC centralize the hash more than GPU farms? now that bitcoin ASIC are common and everyone has them.
HeroSam911

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:31:35 AM

Another point to consider is that you can easily re-sell used GPUs after some time while re-selling ASICs may be harder.
It would be interesting which algorithm you're comparing as GPUs differ in the most profitable algorithm
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: