Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50Ksol/s 620W, Innosilicon announces World Best Equihash Miner A9 ZMaster  (Read 3579 times)
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

I am impressed, just got a shipping notification 2 days after I placed my A9 order and an email to choose 1 free T2/A4+/S11/A5 and PSU, but shipping was a bit steep at $400 for both. On the other hand still waiting on Bitmain for a Z9 update.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:25:00 PM

Its alright - they are all just mining on your Z9s right now - remember the article about them shipping miners with dust in them?
Yeahhhhh classic bitmain

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:19:12 PM

I am impressed, just got a shipping notification 2 days after I placed my A9 order and an email to choose 1 free T2/A4+/S11/A5 and PSU, but shipping was a bit steep at $400 for both. On the other hand still waiting on Bitmain for a Z9 update.
Are not you afraid to buy this asic? The Equihash algorithm can repeat the path of the X11 algorithm. Most people in a couple of months have received machines that work only to pay for electricity.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:22:14 PM

Its alright - they are all just mining on your Z9s right now - remember the article about them shipping miners with dust in them?
Yeahhhhh classic bitmain

LOL, they are just making sure that they work... They want all customers to have miners that have passed "extensive" burn in testing to ensure the quality of the product.  Cheesy
hawkfish007

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:49:15 PM

Are not you afraid to buy this asic? The Equihash algorithm can repeat the path of the X11 algorithm. Most people in a couple of months have received machines that work only to pay for electricity.

I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

i_like_bits

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:04:12 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:48:17 AM by i_like_bits

I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking they're going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.
hawkfish007

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:15:16 PM

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking their going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.

That's actually weird, but I am glad. I am really disappointed with Bitmain. I was one of the first to order when there was no coupon use allowed but missed the first 77 shipment by 1.3 minutes. I asked if I could use $350 coupon post sale that is on my account, or if they could ship my Z9s early. Apparently Bitmain agreed to none and it seems like next shipment won't start until June 20. More power to A9 until then.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:21:02 PM

You cant overclock a inno miner. Bitmain still has an advantage.

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:12:10 AM

Yeah, we can expect another forks, then you bought a vaporware again.

This is my signature...
cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:31:34 AM

looks like equihash mining on GPU will be dead in few months  Cry

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:18:44 AM

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking they're going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.

You're probably forgetting about the price difference. Not many people are willing to shell out $10k for a single A9 that could be rendered useless instantly if devs decide to fork. Many people will still pick the Z9 because at $1.8k it is a more acceptable risk. It is not as efficient than the A9 but it is still better than buying a GPU rig. It seems like it's for more casual miners.

Besides, buying any of these outside of batch 1 is already a bad idea. Innosilicon is probably selling it now because they've mined enough to know profitability will soon tank.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
jhartbarger
Copper Member

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:30:41 AM

I love how less than 300ppl have bought these so far they thought "Lets throw in one of our overpriced unsaleable unit for free" but charge them $400 to ship it.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:50:53 AM

You're probably forgetting about the price difference. Not many people are willing to shell out $10k for a single A9 that could be rendered useless instantly if devs decide to fork. Many people will still pick the Z9 because at $1.8k it is a more acceptable risk. It is not as efficient than the A9 but it is still better than buying a GPU rig. It seems like it's for more casual miners.

Besides, buying any of these outside of batch 1 is already a bad idea. Innosilicon is probably selling it now because they've mined enough to know profitability will soon tank.

Totally agree. Additionally, 10k for a single A9 is risker than $10k for 5x A9 minis each doing 10k sols because if it breaks the buyer is screwed.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

I think Inno is basically hedging that fact. After Bitmain released their Equihash ASIC into the wild they knew that eventually some algos might fork.

Sure it would of been better just mining themselves but with a potential fork, they can sell some units and mine with other units.

Because after ZEC and BTG and other coins fork... who will buy their ASICS? Nobody.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hawkfish007

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

Did anyone receive a tracking number?

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:10:37 AM

I think Inno is basically hedging that fact. After Bitmain released their Equihash ASIC into the wild they knew that eventually some algos might fork.

Sure it would of been better just mining themselves but with a potential fork, they can sell some units and mine with other units.

Because after ZEC and BTG and other coins fork... who will buy their ASICS? Nobody.
Or it was the other way arround because inno could have minned with them like bitmain is doing now with their z9(regular version not minis)without anyone knowing that but came out with x5 faster asics probably trying to milk them untill the most of coins fork.Bitmain have z9 regular version for sure even Jihan twetted once about them how they will be about x4 faster then minis,anyway glad that there is battle beetweem this 2 so there isnt centralisation
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:39:26 AM

You can over-clock 3 Z9 minis to 50kh/s. So compared to 3x Z9 s batch 1 at $6000, this one at $10000 is heavily overpriced.
i_like_bits

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:07:26 AM

You can over-clock 3 Z9 minis to 50kh/s. So compared to 3x Z9 s batch 1 at $6000, this one at $10000 is heavily overpriced.

At 1500+ watts, massive increase in db/heat, and a reduced lifespan, yes. The A9 is 650w + 3 week head start for the first, day 1 orders. This is coming from someone who has 4 z9 minis on the way. Also, it's very doubtful, but no one knows if they have contain enough memory for the upcoming 144 equihash parameter tweaks.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:53:07 AM

At 1500+ watts, massive increase in db/heat, and a reduced lifespan, yes. The A9 is 650w + 3 week head start for the first, day 1 orders. This is coming from someone who has 4 z9 minis on the way. Also, it's very doubtful, but no one knows if they have contain enough memory for the upcoming 144 equihash parameter tweaks.

Someone measured Z9 at about 380w at 15k, I did not, but mine runs at 54C, fan at 65%. So minimal heat or noise. And at current profit level power is pretty immaterial. It will become an issue much later in life, by then most coins may have already forked.

Edit: And there will be only a week's head start at max, I think, as Bitmain should be shipping rest very soon.
i_like_bits

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:43:52 AM

Someone measured Z9 at about 380w at 15k, I did not, but mine runs at 54C, fan at 65%. So minimal heat or noise. And at current profit level power is pretty immaterial. It will become an issue much later in life, by then most coins may have already forked.

Edit: And there will be only a week's head start at max, I think, as Bitmain should be shipping rest very soon.

I have a hard time believing that a 50+% stable overclock results in only 380w @ the wall. That can't be good for the failure rate. You can't overlock inno miners, but they do release firmware updates.  The A9 website says ±6%. The Z9 minis variance was ±5 when announced. What's to say that the A9 doesn't have a lot more to give if Inno allows it?

The absolute soonest bitmain could start shipping these miners is on the 18th. The first few days of shipments would likely be the day 1-3 customers anyways. Realistically people who didn't order in the first few days won't see their miners for 2 weeks at the earliest. 3 weeks is a lot more likely. Their official shipping schedule is from june 20-30th. I'm guessing 1000 units a day which would confirm the rumors of a 10k units in batch 1.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: