Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to the Facebook ban on crypto ads  (Read 330 times)
isaqyomex1 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:23:51 AM

It's no news that Facebook has placed a ban on crypto ads on their platform due to scam
What do you think is the solution to this?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:38:30 AM

Why do you need a solution to something that if generating loss to facebook, would have competent strategists resolving the issue.
karashika0577
Copper Member

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

Facebook has no solution to ban crypto ads. Facebook is a social site where everyone shares their views. Crypto is a different world, Facebook was banned for any kind of conflicts, interference. There are other crypto websites on which advertising and related news are available.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:50:44 AM

It's no news that Facebook has placed a ban on crypto ads on their platform due to scam

Self-regulation by the community, the investor community demanding higher standards of proof of identity not on our side but on the side of the organizers of ICOs... but this has its downsides. There's no perfect solution except for people that would do their own research and think for themselves but I don't see that happening.

coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

Self-regulation by the community, the investor community demanding higher standards of proof of identity not on our side but on the side of the organizers of ICOs... but this has its downsides. There's no perfect solution except for people that would do their own research and think for themselves but I don't see that happening.
This!
Regulation and KYC will make ICOs less accessible but take them out of the legal grey area. Apart from that I don't think crypto needs or will need Facebook for ads. Fb will come back sooner or later if there is a solid legal basis and money to earn
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:02:50 AM

Ignoring crypto was a bad start for facebook. People have started to realize how unsecure and risky is trusting Facebook with your personal data.
Starting 2020, Facebook would decline in favor of some decentralized social networks.

grandfox0502

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

Facebook doesn't count the whole crypto as a scam. The adds were blocked by facebook and google, because the most of ICOs, for now, are scams. IT HAS been done in order to avoid the people. loosing here money and then blaming Facebook in this. When the scammers will be gone, it won't be any blocking by FB or Google
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:15:40 AM

I can still do some other things with Bitcoin using facebook. The thing that facebook bans is only the advertisements in Bitcoin and not on other else.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:21:29 AM

Only facebook can solve this solution, if they lift the ban then the problem is solved, but cryptocurrency is now very popular, there is no need to advertise on facebook because people can post about cryptocurrency and it never gets deleted, that is why there is still facebook bounty on evey ico campaign.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:23:45 AM

It's their platform/social network so there's no solution for it if they want to ban crypto ads.

The crypto companies that are longing to advertise massively can simply leave that social media and look for a better place for their advertisement and discussion. But I think facebook may soon lift that ban if they have launched their own crypto.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:25:52 AM

I can still do some other things with Bitcoin using facebook. The thing that facebook bans is only the advertisements in Bitcoin and not on other else.
Exactly, This is what it happened, we can use our bitcoin in facebook without any problem, the only problem is facebook was restricted the advertisements in bitcoin. I think sooner or later facebook will start to support bitcoin and crypto if they see that crypto world grow more in the next few years.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:27:22 AM

Why do you need a solution to something that if generating loss to facebook, would have competent strategists resolving the issue.

LOL, this is not "generating any loss" for Facebook! they just give the same space to some other company that is legit and get the same payment. it is not like Facebook ads lack demand!
this ban helped them get rid of  the headache of all the scam ICOs that have been advertising and fooling the newbies using their platform.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
keyrun

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

Crypto ads doesn't need facebook. There are many dedicated places crypto investors would look for and restricting the crypto ads had brought much more popularity and attention than displaying them had garnished. Overall, as long as they don't ban crypto accounts from their platform, sharing would forfeit the ads display.
vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

Just ignore it. They are many SCAM ICO ads and it will make more people baited to invest their money in SCAM ICO. So, I think it's doesn't wrong for fb ban crypto ads.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

There is no actual solution on social medias who are banning cryptocurrency advertisements maybe the ceo of facebook which is mark zucker berg does not want ico's to use facebook to promote their cryptocurrency business because some of the companies are fraud or let say monkey business.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:34:24 AM

I am seeing the advertisement of different ICO projects on facebook from a few days on their official ads space then how can we think that facebook has banned advertisement on their website. A few hours ago I opened my facebook profile and I saw the advertisement of crystals ICO. I do not know that what has happened after that ban as people here are still saying that it is banned and on facebook the ads are available.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:49:59 AM

With facebook blocking the ICOs, the demand for Facebook campaigns would increase. As expected, the allocation for Facebook campaigns has been increasing and if you log in to the bounties section you would see that Lauda has brought a campaign with around 30% allocation for twitter/facebook.
That is a lot because most of the twitter campaigns only used to get around 7% bounties and that will eventually increase. So bounty participants are their saviors.
sponge_bob13

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

Facebook banned crypto basically because of scams. So I think if there is any way of differentiating between scams and actual ICO's then facebook can withdraw the ban from crypto allow advertisement on cryptocurrency.
pauline_78

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:26:56 PM

I don't think there's any specific solutuion for this. What Facebook did is good for the community because many scams were spreading through it. Probably, in future the bans may get withdrawn.
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:28:19 PM

if indeed the purpose of facebook to eradicate the scammer, then I agree with facebook
but these past few weeks, I found a crypto ad circulating on facebook
and I think, facebook does not completely ban the ads with crypto content

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: