Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 8381 times)
penix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 09:36:05 PM

RealSolid (aka CoinHunter) has started claiming that the migration to v2.0 is optional. In my last post on the Solidcoin forums I said I wanted to support the old blockchain. I asked for the v1.04 source to be released without any of the special license provisions that were added. My post was deleted and my account banned. I guess that's a no.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:15:19 PM

I have a question.  Why is the difficulty so high?  Why am I not able to mine amazingly fast?  Confirmations are coming in very slowly. 
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:53:43 PM

I have a question.  Why is the difficulty so high?  Why am I not able to mine amazingly fast?  Confirmations are coming in very slowly. 
Difficulty adjusts every 240 blocks. There's still 140 blocks to go before the difficulty can come down. That could take another week or two. And even then it'll only drop to 1/4 what it currently is now.

Buy & Hold
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:55:34 PM

Didn't Solidcoin have sooper diff adjust ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 12:07:07 AM

Didn't Solidcoin have sooper diff adjust ?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
penix

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:11:56 AM

Difficulty adjusts every 240 blocks. There's still 140 blocks to go before the difficulty can come down. That could take another week or two. And even then it'll only drop to 1/4 what it currently is now.

Well that explains why I only found 1 whole block today. I'll go back to mining it in a couple weeks.

Let's fork Bitcoin again and base it off the old Solidcoin block chain. Fuck it, why not? SC2.0 copies the coins from the old block chain. It doesn't move them. Everyone who decides to use both will now have 2x the coins. Infact, let's just call it Solidcoin 3.0. Not having that idiot RealSolid involved is a clear upgrade.
dayfall

Activity: 312

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:18:03 PM

I thought Solidcoin had a minimum time for difficulty adjustment. 
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:31:17 PM

"SOLID COIN VERSION 1.04 TO CONTINUE"

Good idea.
5+ G/s is mining solidcon so it is not "shut down" or "discontinued" or what ever this bozo tandem of Coinhunter/RealSolid is telling you.

Start mining and lets get this show on the road.  Smiley

Can you recommend me a pool?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
penix

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 08:52:19 PM

5+ G/s is mining solidcon so it is not "shut down" or "discontinued" or what ever this bozo tandem of Coinhunter/RealSolid is telling you.

Start mining and lets get this show on the road.  Smiley

Can you recommend me a pool?

5Gh/s is a start, but it really needs to go back over 100GH/s to be taken even slightly seriously. To get that kind of support, we cannot rely on the old v1.04 client. I asked for the v1.04 source to be released without the special license provisions, and my Solidcoin forum account was banned. I am still in favor of forking the original Bitcoin source again, and just continuing the Solidcoin chain, and calling it Solidcoin v3.0.

The Bitcoin source is all that is tried and true, so I say we just stick hard to that. No unsafe freestyle coding like that idiot RealSolid is doing. He just makes shit up as he goes without really thinking about it. To make things worse, he talks about ways he has solved certain problems, but then you check the source code and realize he lied about the whole thing.

You can solo mine just as well since the Gh/s is so low. You will get a couple blocks a day. Personally, I've stopped mining Solicoin completely. In a couple weeks, if the difficulty is low enough, I might go back to it.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:12:58 PM

5Gh/s is a start, but it really needs to go back over 100GH/s to be taken even slightly seriously. To get that kind of support, we cannot rely on the old v1.04 client. I asked for the v1.04 source to be released without the special license provisions, and my Solidcoin forum account was banned. I am still in favor of forking the original Bitcoin source again, and just continuing the Solidcoin chain, and calling it Solidcoin v3.0.

The Bitcoin source is all that is tried and true, so I say we just stick hard to that. No unsafe freestyle coding like that idiot RealSolid is doing. He just makes shit up as he goes without really thinking about it. To make things worse, he talks about ways he has solved certain problems, but then you check the source code and realize he lied about the whole thing.

You can solo mine just as well since the Gh/s is so low. You will get a couple blocks a day. Personally, I've stopped mining Solicoin completely. In a couple weeks, if the difficulty is low enough, I might go back to it.

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/soldcoin

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
penix

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:19:46 PM

Nice. Is this based of Bitcoin 0.3.24?
penix

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:31:51 AM

When you compile the demon it gives you in a getinfo.

"version" : 32500,

Is this based off the Solidcoin source, or the Bitcoin source? I highly suggest using the Bitcoin source. You don't want to get caught up with RealSolid's bullshit license additions. Also, 0.3.25 is beta. If you want to be taken seriously, stick with the stable version.

The way RealSolid rapidly releases bug ridden garbage is shameful. I would never trust my money to unreliable crapware. Let's not repeat this idiot's mistakes.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:16:48 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41345.0

penix

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:27:45 PM

Damn, it's based off Solidcoin again.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:01:03 PM

2 way to go about it. Fix 1.04 or write a new one.
I am not a programmer so I can not help you. You need to talk to jackjack. He fixed some of the RealSolid's shit in this version.
I think it still needs a so called "time travel" fix but the code is readily available. Can someone apply the fix and set a new version to... 1.05?

freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 05:29:49 AM

I'm a senior engineer at Apple in Cupertino moron. Outranking your .info is a simple as making a call over to Google and instant de-index for you. Silicon Valley is tight. Your the one who doesn't understand SEO and no I am no SEO, but I have some of the best on the planet that work here. What I don't have in skill, is easily accessible simply by asking here.

LMAO ok, so now we have this claim on public record so if it does happen it will make world wide news. Thanks for that, should be better than being slashdotted. I couldn't pay you to help SolidCoin out as much as you do, so thanks.
Steve, is it you buddy?
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 05:40:40 AM

I'm a senior engineer at Apple in Cupertino moron. Outranking your .info is a simple as making a call over to Google and instant de-index for you. Silicon Valley is tight. Your the one who doesn't understand SEO and no I am no SEO, but I have some of the best on the planet that work here. What I don't have in skill, is easily accessible simply by asking here.

LMAO ok, so now we have this claim on public record so if it does happen it will make world wide news. Thanks for that, should be better than being slashdotted. I couldn't pay you to help SolidCoin out as much as you do, so thanks.
Steve, is it you buddy?

Yeah it's Friday and still not taken off google.... what's up with BitcoinExpress? Cheesy  I wonder how many lies this guy needs to tell before some people realize he is full of hot air, mostly due to his overclocked Geforce 2MX mining army.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:56:26 AM

...  I wonder how many lies this guy needs to tell before some people realize he is full of hot air, mostly due to his overclocked Geforce 2MX mining army.

CoinHumper, beating you in a bullshit spreading on shit a sandwich is hard. He needs to really work on this.

Ten98

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:30:56 AM

100% Open source and welcome open code audit. I want this to be a community effort to throw Coinhunter out.

Perhaps after we get established maybe a committee of devs and people to help run it?

Let's hear the ideas.

Hold on hold on.

Why hasn't the "Community" thrown YOU out yet?

Do you still plan to attack Namecoin, an established alt blockchain, just because you feel like it or was that just complete bullshit?

You said that after that you would come after Solidcoin. I guess one way to do that would be to try to confuse users into thinking the old chain was still valid and stop them using the new chain, but um. Good luck with that.

Your claim that you are going to develop a new version of Solidcoin and somehow pull a "couple of devs" out of thin air is laughable enough, but then you say to make your new coin you are going to hack the old blockchain and remove certain blocks? Have you thought through the consiquences of these actions? Have you any idea how much of a douchebag you seem when you say stupid shit like this? Clearly not or you wouldn't be posting here.

Also you claim to be able to "take a site off Google" by "talking to your friends from work". Pure fantasy. You don't have any friends or a job, let alone at Apple. Sheesh. Why some other idiots on this board (maybe your other accounts?) are eating up your garbage and why your account on here is still active I couldn't really say, but it's pretty funny to read your posts I guess...

You want to hear the ideas? Here's one, grow the fuck up and stop being a compulsive liar and all-around asshole.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 08:35:13 AM

Old news ... keep up with the times Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: