Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:47:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All in one crypto digital wallet!  (Read 1443 times)
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:30:51 AM

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus is such a wallet.
But note that quite a few people have connection issues when using exodus. It also just had a vulnerability discovered which allowed an attacker to dump the private keys out of the RAM once the wallet was opened. I am not sure about which versions are affected.

The ledger nano s does also support multiple cryptocurrencies. And in addition to that the private keys (and the seed generation) are secured by a secure element and a 2-FA through the buttons/screen.
Once they release their native application, you will be able to monitor all your holdings in a dashboard.

I suggest do not use this kind of thing, the risk you take is very high. if the wallet can be hacked and taken people then you crying.
the investment you have will disappear instantly and you do not realize it, then you will regret your actions.
put private key to offline do not connect internet, in my opinion that is better done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
putrii

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:29:40 AM

it seems that it can not be because each cryptocurrency has different algorithm levels for the same coin you have, cryptocurrency has a different kind of smart contract so it feels like to make it all one would not be possible.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:37:16 AM

so dies that mean you can only trade from your mobile phone? I am still curious if it will hang up besides it can only be traded by your mobile phone, becase some mobile phones cannot support some heavy applications.

Coinomi does not need a lot of ressources. If you have a somewhat medium quality smart phone, coinomi will run without problems.
Note that this is a wallet. Not an exchange. You can send/receive coins. But you can NOT trade.

To trade your coins you first need to send your coins to an exchange (which do also have mobile applications for android/IOS).

It is not recommended to store large amounts on a mobile wallet. See it as a kind of daily spending wallet.
You do not walk around everyday with your whole live savings with you, do you? Your main holdings should be secured by a cold storage / hardware wallet.

mc.craigsvictor

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:36:01 PM

If you can do so that will be a revolutionary thing. But I think it will be not so easy. Moreover the safety issue comes first. Keeping all the coin in a wallet is not safe as per I think.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:01:06 PM

It is not possible and it will never be to have one wallet and receiving address for every single cryptocurrency. There are cryptocurrencies which have different type of addresses which have different functionality. Also, one wallet wouldn't be secure. I prefer to use many wallets rather than depend on one software. I don't even trust hardware wallets completely.

djalaluddin

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:19:11 PM

Its very briliant idea, but is not it too risky to pierce if a cryptocurrency wallet such as a bitcoin and altcoin wallet is combined with an ERC20 Token purse? because every we follow bounty must enter the address of ERC20 wallet
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:56:56 PM

The logarithm of each coin is different, it is impossible to unite all the coins in one wallet.
token ERC20 why can save lot of tokens coins? The ERC20 is an ETH wallet and most token coins are under ETH coins and that is why ETH coins are now progressing.

so basically, you can not put all the coins in one wallet. the danger level is very high if it is in one wallet, I mean better divided into another wallet

Why is keeping everything in one wallet a high level of danger? Shouldn't it be safe as anything as long as you properly secure it(offline particularly)? What's the difference between one or many in one wallet?
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:12:27 PM

It must be comfortable to use in a single address containing all crypto. We do not need to create wallets separately for each one but in the trade do not put all your eggs in one basket. If it's a problem with your dompe then you will lose all crypto instantly.  Cool
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
Merited by Konco126 (1)

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address. I have seen too many digital wallet from known digital wallet for ERC20 tokens and for bitcoin digital wallet but i never saw a digital wallet that will cater all the digital currency either bitcoin or altcoins. If i have only the capacity to do it like having a good team developer and a financer then i guess i could make a revolutionary digital wallet. 

Your goal is very wise and noble, this way of course makes it easy for all users both bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. So whatever deals with transactions all of us may no longer need to open a lot of sites because your site can serve everything All In One. However although your goal is very noble, it seems that you will have some obstacles as has been said by bob123.

A wallet which does create the same address for each crypto currency is not possible. 
(Almost) each cryptocurrency does have its own address format. 

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus is such a wallet.
But note that quite a few people have connection issues when using exodus. It also just had a vulnerability discovered which allowed an attacker to dump the private keys out of the RAM once the wallet was opened. I am not sure about which versions are affected.

The ledger nano s does also support multiple cryptocurrencies. And in addition to that the private keys (and the seed generation) are secured by a secure element and a 2-FA through the buttons/screen.
Once they release their native application, you will be able to monitor all your holdings in a dashboard.

THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:38:01 PM

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address. I have seen too many digital wallet from known digital wallet for ERC20 tokens and for bitcoin digital wallet but i never saw a digital wallet that will cater all the digital currency either bitcoin or altcoins. If i have only the capacity to do it like having a good team developer and a financer then i guess i could make a revolutionary digital wallet.

it is a good idea, but it's not so easy to make it
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:05:52 PM

Crypto wallet specially altcoins wallet ERC20 wallet is specially all cryptocurrency wallet. Bitcoin Wallet is the most prominent marketplace in the market and is known for its multiple uses and the most powerful wallets.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:04:51 AM

Why is keeping everything in one wallet a high level of danger? Shouldn't it be safe as anything as long as you properly secure it(offline particularly)? What's the difference between one or many in one wallet?

It is basically the 'all eggs in one basket' problem. But i partially disagree with this.

While it makes sense to spread out the risk, it does NOT make sense to NOT use the most secured option to store your coins.
So, if you have a setup which is the most secured of all of your setups, i would store ALL coins there. I would NOT store a few there and a few on an online pc, only to have them spread.

If you do have a secure offline setup, use it. It is more secured than a web-/mobile-/desktop- wallet.

You should also note that different wallets are not enough to spread the risk if they are all running on the same machine.
You would have to use different setup's to accomplish spreading the funds/wallets properly.

DisWhale

Activity: 336

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:25:40 AM

Well, making a wallet to hold several coins including ERC20, Bitcoin, Steem etc seems impossible although with technology everything seems possible. Remember, each coin has it's own Blockchain and smart contract upon which it is built. Perhaps you can think of a wallet holding multiple private keys to different coin addresses.
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

Even if you could do it, it's better to have a bit of profit spread, just in case one day they come to hack your wallet. And yes, a lot of them have different codes.

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:16:43 AM

It's hard to make a wallet and not just easy. And I have seen many similarities in your mind. So I think that you will have a hard time fulfilling it. But just keep what you like and hope you can do it. I'm here to support you. And hopefully you have a unique idea because the wallets are almost exactly the same as today. Its security must be strong.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Odonko

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:24:36 AM

That would not be possible because most of the cryptocurrency have their own blockchain and putting all of these cryptocurrencies on one wallet is not feasible unless some genius just pop up and come up with a way to do this but i also think it is safer if we have all of them being independent to ensure full security other than trying to merge all of them.

⊹     SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY, WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS     ⊹
━━━━━━━━━          X C A R D ᵀᴹ          [     Whitepaper     Twitter     Telegram     ]          ━━━━━━━━━
[ IEO / Q4 2019 ]   S
BigChainSolutions

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:46:13 PM

The MetaMorph Team plan to launch METM coin as part of this token sale along with an easy-to-use and very unique coin exchange platform to give the user a all-in-one wallet with the option to withdraw and deposit fiat whilst getting the best cryptocurrency exchange rates with low spreads, the ability to secure and backup their coin and the ability to quickly and easily move cryptocurrency around without the hassle of traditional exchanges that are over complicated and extremely difficult to manage in todays market.

https://metamorph.pro

They can't make a good looking website, sure they are going to make a super mega wallet, sure .... go scam other people money.
BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

Wow, I think that is really great that there is a electronic wallet that holds and organize all cryptocurrencies,
because it will serve as a great help for all of us since it will be more convenient .
RBSGoel_Punit

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

Great news for crypto currency users. now one wallet is used to dealing with all cypto currencies. Great to know about
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

It is good to have a universal wallet for all coins. But I think it would be risky, and opening wallets can exposed your private keys. So in generally I think it is way better to hold coins on many wallet for storage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: