Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:45:16 PM

Worthless logos leaders. LOL.

Thanks for your support.

frenchsista

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

Hi all. I just joined to vote for Ult. He sent me over from SERT.

Don't sweat things too much, Ult. Your logo is great! Don't get down on yourself, but don't let others get you down either. There are a lot of great designs in the running. Ult, yours does have something that some of the others don't, and that's spunk!

Amazing work guys! I think a lot of them might be more suitable for some sort of corporate use, though. Not that they are bad designs. They're wonderful! I just think Ult's is more suitable for THIS application.

There's nothing wrong with logos that look "corporate" - that fact doesn't make them bad designs, not at all. But from what Ult was telling me, isn't Quark supposed to represent some sort of paradigm shift AWAY from "business as usual" elitist exclusivity, and all that other stuff that plagues the current 'official' monetary system? If so, then why on EARTH would you want something that looks like yet another corporate logo you might find in BusinessWeek or Money Magazine?

And Ult, you really captured a fantastical, scientific feel without making it boring and lifeless. When things are made to look rubber-stamped they sort of look lifeless and empty. But yours has an interesting hippie groove thing going on.

There's almost this uber mystery buzz surrounding it, with that Q pointing to the center of the atom. The feeling from your logo sort of reminds me of the "Dharma Initiative" from the tv show Lost - a mysterious, intriguing feeling of reaching beyond the unknown. I don't know much about QuarkCoin yet, but your logo definitely makes it intriguing! Thanks for asking me to come here!

To be honest, if this vote was for something corporate and less about people, I'd probably vote for one of the other logos, as many of them are simply gorgeous!

I did look through a few pages of this discussion. It seems to me that the people getting the most votes ate the ones who are participating in this thread the most. It's a real shame that most of the people looking for votes aren't hanging out in this thread! Where the heck are they? Posting on a forum has nothing to do with the quality of their designs, but looking at the results, seem like it doesn't hurt!

Anyway, beautiful work everyone!

Kisses Ult!

Thank you for your kind words frenchsista. I appreciate it. Just remember, as I mentioned to you before, the preference is to call it Quark. It needs to be distinct from all the various generic coins that are being released in dime-a-dozen fashion.

You're so welcome sweetie! Listen don't shoot me but I tried to send that email 4 times and my 'puter just isn't co-operating. Is it ok if I wait for my hubby to have a look at the dam thing in the morning?

Oh, and did you ever get the issue resolved with your chair?
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:21:30 AM

Sorry ultimist,
Is your logo really that good? More than 50 new votes in one night?
https://i.imgur.com/gWmlyN2.jpg
Or thinks the community it is the best logo?  Huh

Nextcoin did the poll more open like this:
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1927.0.html

No Signature right now...
Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:31:49 AM

Sorry ultimist,
Or thinks the community it is the best logo?  Huh

Yeah, there's no accounting for taste. It looks like all 3 of us got a lot of votes today. Good going!

Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:35:11 AM

You're so welcome sweetie! Listen don't shoot me but I tried to send that email 4 times and my 'puter just isn't co-operating. Is it ok if I wait for my hubby to have a look at the dam thing in the morning?

About the email, yes that's fine. It can wait.

About the chair, no luck. You'd think Medicare would get their head out of their ass instead of making us jump through a bunch of hoops.

On a nicer note, once I recover from my surgery in April I should be able to get back into my old chair (the one that actually works), then it will be smooth rolling for at least a couple of years before I have to get a new one. The support community has been great though and I wouldn't be where I am without diligent souls such as yourself!

Ashmasser

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:22:32 AM

About the email, yes that's fine. It can wait.

About the chair, no luck. You'd think Medicare would get their head out of their ass instead of making us jump through a bunch of hoops.

On a nicer note, once I recover from my surgery in April I should be able to get back into my old chair (the one that actually works), then it will be smooth rolling for at least a couple of years before I have to get a new one. The support community has been great though and I wouldn't be where I am without diligent souls such as yourself!

what kind of surgery ulti, i just had surgery on my wrist in Oct.
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:56:24 AM

Or thinks the community it is the best logo?

Seems like hordes of new Quarkers were found in some remote part of the universe and they are just going crazy for the neat logo of Ultimist Wink
Ultimmist

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:06:20 PM

I have voted myself 200 times!!!  Grin
But i think that isn't enough  Roll Eyes

One more vote for myself  Kiss
gjeric

Activity: 295

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:28:34 PM

Why didn't I think of this... making new accounts all day for one week and get 120k qrk Sad

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:12:41 PM

Why didn't I think of this... making new accounts all day for one week and get 120k qrk Sad

It´s not too late. Registering on bitcointalk won´t take you more than 3 minutes and you still got 2 days Wink
Ultimmist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:18:54 PM

Becase you are not clever like me  Kiss
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:44:30 PM

Ultimist, any plans in donating to the Quark Foundation if you win? The winner really should consider this. No other coin has given away such an amount for a logo and deserves some appreciation from the winner imho.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

Ok this is beyond insane. What the hell? How moronic. Do you think anyone will actually believe that you are me?

Everyone, knock it off with the accusations.

I am a member of several disability organizations and a couple of them decided to sticky a topic for me, to get people to come and vote for me. The sites get about 20,000 visitors a day. So your conspiracy theories about me "voting for myself" can go right back up your ass where they belong.

FlipPro said the contest would conclude as originally announced, and that we could advertise ANYWHERE. His words, not mine.

Ultimmist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:16:27 PM

Ultimist, any plans in donating to the Quark Foundation if you win? The winner really should consider this. No other coin has given away such an amount for a logo and deserves some appreciation from the winner imho.

I ll donate everything to myself  Shocked
Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

I ll donate everything to myself  Shocked

Not even close. Listen. I don't know why you have chosen to impersonate me, but it isn't very funny.

So I get accused of making fake accounts, and someone goes and does JUST THAT to prove that *I* am the one doing it?

Holy hell... some of you people are letting these conspiracy theories get the best of you.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:24:38 PM

Despite all this nonsense, and I hope you arent affected by it because that is *exactly* what it is... Yes, I have every intention of a considerable donation to the Quark Foundation.

This fake account stuff has gotten entirely out of hand. It's not ME.

Edit: I just woke up 30 minutes ago to find all this. What a thing to wake up to.

Ultimmist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

I am a member of several disability organizations and a couple of them decided to sticky a topic for me, to get people to come and vote for me. The sites get about 20,000 visitors a day. So your conspiracy theories about me "voting for myself" can go right back up your ass where they belong.

Tonight a couple members of several organizations will come to vote me
About 50  Shocked
Ultimist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

About 50  Shocked

People, if you think this guy is me, you are not thinking. And if you think it is me doing a double-bluff, as if it's me arguing with myself and pretending that it is not, then you might have mental problems. Someone is trying to screw me over and I am *not* happy.

FlipPro said we could advertise anywhere, and so that's what I'm doing.

Why on earth would I have tried to make a deal with the other 2 the other day, suggesting that we sacrifice our lead to bring at least 5 others in the contest up to an equal standing with us... and then pull this?  I know that you don't know me, but I assure you I am not the *BASTARD* these fakers are trying to make me out to be.

Believe what you want. The decent people around here will have the intelligence and maturity to see the truth. Did anyone else notice that I'm not the only one getting a LOT more votes? The timing is rather interesting, wouldn't you say? There's foul play in the woodwork and for the last time it is NOT ME.

Ultimmist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:54:28 PM

About 50  Shocked

People, if you think this guy is me, you are not thinking. And if you think it is me doing a double-bluff, as if it's me arguing with myself and pretending that it is not, then you might have mental problems. Someone is trying to screw me over and I am *not* happy.

FlipPro said we could advertise anywhere, and so that's what I'm doing.

Why on earth would I have tried to make a deal with the other 2 the other day, suggesting that we sacrifice our lead to bring at least 5 others in the contest up to an equal standing with us... and then pull this?  I know that you don't know me, but I assure you I am not the *BASTARD* these fakers are trying to make me out to be.

Believe what you want. The decent people around here will have the intelligence and maturity to see the truth. Did anyone else notice that I'm not the only one getting a LOT more votes? The timing is rather interesting, wouldn't you say? There's foul play in the woodwork and for the last time it is NOT ME.

I fell really bad
I talk to myself  Huh
barrysoetoro

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:12:03 PM

Who owns the Quark Foundation's wallet address? Is it run by a single person or a group of people?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: