Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:14:56 AM

And the decision is..........
Ashmasser

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:15:47 AM

I have send you a PM.
With my gmail.

I'm James-Z founder of the Foundation.

James

Edit: You can also pm/mail Max Guevara, he will be able to tell you what my private gmail is.

and in swoop the vultures  -- u are no better than the cheaters

or has this whole concerted effort by martin been part of a pre-conceived QF plan to manipulate Flippy into giving the prize to the good ol' quark foundation, whose supporters and creators would NEVER participate in something shady

u people make me sick, every last one of you including all the cheaters

Flippy you're such a pushover, just give it to the QF before they have you assassinated, you moron - they WANT that money!

they're not willing to let you make up your own mind. they're going to PRESS and SQUEEZE until they get what they want

ignore all the other shit for a moment and look back at all the posts suggesting you abandon this and just give it all to the quark foundation - and users almost insisting that any winner give a generous portion ofthe prize, or ALL of it, to QF

besides "cheaters" hasn't "give it to the QF" been the most spoken refrain in this god-forsaken thread

split it among all the contestants except martin since he admitted to being a fraud

the QF does not want, nor can they afford, for you to think for yourself - and that's EXACTLY why you should
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:16:35 AM

Wow, never seen a more retarded contest. I'm never touching QRK again...

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

It's too bad. Quark had a ton of potential.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.

Keep telling yourself that. See where it is in a year.

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

It happens in all currencies, it shouldn't stop them from evolving. Also Quark had many butthurt people who missed the boat. Altough i believe it is much stronger than before with a much more solid infrastructure and community. You talk negative because you probably don't own any or just a little.

So, Netnox...remind me again about that "solid community". LOL.

If anyone was on the fence about whether or not Quark was destroying itself from the inside out, this thread is your answer. Wow.

Sad that you only see the negative side and ignore all the improvements. 3-4 people don't represent a whole community. Lots of money can change even your behaviour. This you will find in all crypto communities. I even don't think we should make a big deal out of this. It's between a couple people, at the end of the day it will be sorted out and yes Quark has a solid community.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:23:59 AM

I had the oppertunity to ask many students on my university.
But that doesn't mean I 'mine' votes.

The nextcoin vote was a better choise to make it more open..

No Signature right now...
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:19:48 AM

So then, who is going to fess up to creating that fake "Ultimmist" account the other day, trying to make it look as though I was cheating? The vote is over so you might as well admit it.

No, I haven't forgotten about it. Was it you martijnp? Boxxl?

matrixfighter

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:14:57 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:18:19 AM by matrixfighter

I am the moderator of Quark Reddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/ .  When I came in I saw our community shattered, divided with bitter petty quarrels, hopeless and in panic.  As a moderator (as well as someone who has started several small successful social networks in the past), my emphasis was on Community Building strategy. I cleared the bugs, made our Reddit look very stylish (and the community recognised this several times), I made sure that our reddit is not just a place to share "official" information, but a hangout space for the Community, where people hold each other's backs and give support.  If before Reddit was some forgotten outpost of Quark constellation, now our Reddit has more traffic then all 3 forums combined.  I gave countless hours in making sure that each newbie question is answered - and yes the newbies do ask the same questions over and over again, and yes, I write full response to each of them.  Those of you who are visiting our Reddit regularly know me and how committed and passionate I am about Quark project and our people.  Because through my behaviour I want to set a standard of what the attitude of each of us should be.  That's what Leadership is about! Same thing in war, same thing in life.  And if the Logo is the Flag, I can't take that logo (no matter how good design it is) from someone whose principles are muddled up!!!  It's not just bad karma, it's a question of virtue and integrity.  This Sense of Community that has emerged is really THE STRONGEST point of Quark!!! Yes - think about it!  Because 30 seconds confirmation and 9 rounds of hashing -- anyone can clone that, and they do.  But what they can't clone is the Community that we've got going! The dedicated individuals at Quark Foundation and all others activists, each of whom do their job altruistically!  They've called us premined, scamcoin, delusional etc -- but we're still here... and not only that, but we are gradually rising - numbers don't lie: our Reddit is the 4th most popular sub after Bitcoin, Doge and Litecoin -- and the market demonstrates its confidence in Quark too when they see a united, Ambitious and Determined community!

Now, when I see such cheating behaviour, it pains me - seriously!  And yes, such behaviour should not be tolerated.  Because if it is tolerated and even rewarded with even 1 QRK, then it sends a very wrong message to our Community and a very  wrong message to potenntial Quark investors.  I personally would be very offended if cheaters were to receive a single Quark!  I would therefore strongly urge against giving any rewards to any of the competitors.

Instead, I fully support Quark Foundation -- because it has proven by deed and by delivering accomplished projects that it is a trustworthy body.

These are some of the projects that they are working on http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/  and with 120,000 QRK a lot more much needed and much valuable infrastructure projects can be accomplished!  

* New Mobile Wallet app (so that small shops, cafes and restaurants can start accepting QRK.)
* Foundation's own pool to avoid 51% attack, and to give it a steady income to finance more cool projects
* a New beautifully looking Wallet with in-built miner so that average Joe can start mining immediately, and so that our low hash-rate can increase.  This feature would instantly make Quark more accessible to the masses.
* Quark's own Payment processor to allow for e-commerce!!!
* Quark integration into Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress and others,
* Quark wallet extensions for Chrome and Firefox,
* Secure Cloud Wallet like Blockchain.info
* Quark Point-Of-Sale system (I have spoken with CoinKyte.com and they are interested in Quark if we could accomplish some goals)
* Quark ATM (those Bitcoin ATMs can easily be re-programmed for Quark for $5000 each)
* apps for smart-watches (yes, they are coming and will be the new frontier),
* A site like LocalBitcoins.com (I've been working on that but I need to hire more experienced developers to help me out)
* Community organisation tool and project-management tool (like Kickstarter)
* A tool that integrates with Google Map and shows where Quark is acceptable in your vicinity. (Yes, I've been building that too, but more on that later)
* More videos and in different languages
* A professional Media, Advertising and PR team
* Promotional public events
* Giveaways of few QRK to each new person who has never heard of Quark and doesn't know how to use the wallet.
* etcetera
* etcetera

Any of these projects is more important that the Logo. If the above projects were to be accomplished, Quark could very soon rival even Bitcoin. Yes!

I think the entire pot of 120,000 should be given to Quark Foundation not only because it can help finance these much needed projects, but primarily because you could help send a very important message that Quark is not just a crypto-currency, Quark is a Community, and we don't tolerate sleazy behaviour like cheating!

actuality

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:51:14 AM

well said.
gjeric

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

matrixfighter, as a designer in this contest I'd feel cheated if all qrks just go to foundation. Just pointing out a different point of view.

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
martijnp

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:14:02 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 07:24:09 AM by martijnp

I'm dissapointed in most of the reactions here!

For what it's worth, I want to emphasize it always was my intention to come out clean straight after the closing bell.

@altcoincryptographer: you are right! The Foundation is crucial for Quark!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:32:32 AM

nowhere in your list of "better" uses for the prize money is a single thing that helps real people, well besides the part about bribing them to use quark by giving them some --

what about organizing community cleanups in a few major cities... or what about running a food drive - either could have big signs "Sponsored by Quark" to really get the name out there

everything you listed seems self serving to Quark without helping a single real human being on this planet - this is the wrong approach and will lead to Quark's eventual demise

I think the entire pot of 120,000 should be given to Quark Foundation not only because it can help finance these much needed projects, but primarily because you could help send a very important message that Quark is not just a crypto-currency, Quark is a Community, and we don't tolerate sleazy behaviour like cheating!

that could just as easily be accomplished by not giving the prize money to anyone - it has nothing to do with the QF

wow - you guys are really putting the pressure on to give the entire thing to QF - what's up with that? it's not like you intend to use it to cure cancer

what if Flip simply changes his mind and wants to keep the quark for himself? i wish he'd try that just as an experiment to see everyone turn on him as if he owes anything to anyone

enough with all these attempts to brainwash him into giving QF all the money - have the decency to let him make his own mind up, and then accept his decision no matter what it is

stop trying to corner him into something

Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:38:28 AM

I'm dissapointed in most of the reactions here!
For what it's worth, I want to emphasize it always was my intention to come out clean straight after the closing bell.
@altcoincryptographer: you are right! The Foundation is crucial for Quark!

the reaction you got is the default reaction to hypocritical nonsense - you suspected cheating and you despise cheating, yet you cheated - you became your own worst enemy and you want a pat on the back for it? LMAO not gonna happen

are you really that dense that you don't realize what you've done?

you really don't know? LOL

matrixfighter

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:48:06 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 08:12:46 AM by matrixfighter

@gjeric a valid point at surface value, but... you should feel cheated if this was an order.  But this was a competition - and you didn't win it, martijnp "did".

I perfectly understand the dilemma that has been created here; either move by Flip will create bad feeling with someone.  That's why I see donating to QF as the neutral solution that should not embitter anyone and will benefit Quark as a whole.  It's quite simple really.

@Ashmasser if those are your comments about the QF, then I'd say you know nothing about what QF is, under which conditions it was set up and for what purpose.  (hint: it was not for curing cancer or organizing community cleanups)
martijnp

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:13:27 AM

Ok, as expected this voting system is turning out to be a complete fiasco! There are no rules, no guidelines, no qualifications, no legal validations. There is no structure at all!

It's extremely disappointing and even humiliating for designers who have put serious effort in delivering their quality designs.

It's easy to create 100s of email aliases automatically, register an account on BitcoinTalk for each email alias every 6 minutes from the same IP, login with each new account and directly place a vote! No need to write a welcome message in the newbies thread first and wait for three hours.. You can vote instantly! Why not all start doing this? It's great fun! Some of seem to be doing a great job at this already!

We should STOP 'voting' in it's current format NOW, evaluate and properly manage this contest! I'm confident every serious participant is willing to cooperate!

I cannot imagine FlipPro will accept the fact that our 'winner' will be the one delivering most of the 'votes' based on quantity only! The goal was to redefine the current logo and deliver different elements based on this redefined logo.

This logo should be accepted as the new standard by the Quark community. Rules MUST be implemented for it to become accepted! There is a Quark foundation and a Quark community that should be involved, but mostly FlipPro as he initiated the contest and is providing the funds.

@FlipPro, PLEASE let us know your point of view! Quarkfx provided some pretty decent suggestions..

It indeed turned out to be an EPIC vote, but epic in a negative sense! Let's reverse this thing.

Those of you trying to insult me, enjoy! I really don't care.

I'm the ONLY one that took measures to prevent the obvious from happening! What do you think would have happened if I didn't do it?
Instead of all the negativity perhaps put some energy in finding a decent solution! It seems however that there is no solution that pleases everyone!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
gjeric

Activity: 295

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:24:13 AM

@gjeric a valid point at surface value, but... you should feel cheated if this was an order.  But this was a competition - and you didn't win it, martijnp "did".

I perfectly understand the dilemma that has been created here; either move by Flip will create bad feeling with someone.  That's why I see donating to QF as the neutral solution that should not embitter anyone and will benefit Quark as a whole.  It's quite simple really.

There simply is no winner. I'd feel evenly cheated if martijnp "wins" or if QF "wins" ...

This contest was about a logo design so I see solution in splitting the prize to all contesters. By donating to QF you are betraying everyone who put lots of effort in their design.

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
richardmeredith

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:20:25 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 10:49:29 AM by richardmeredith

If I was FlipPro I'd split the prize to all participants in the pool.

+1

I've been watching from a distance and it all turned pretty ugly very quickly, which is a real shame.

Anyone who took the time to design for the competition probably feels cheated, myself included.

Let's hope for a better outcome.

+1 for the above also
AdamDelicioso

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:45:57 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 05:05:23 PM by AdamDelicioso

+1

I've been watching from a distance and it all turned pretty ugly very quickly, which is a real shame.

Anyone who took the time to design for the competition probably feels cheated, myself included.

+1 for the above also

I completely agree, it's best to just split the prize to all participants in the pool. Alot of designers did the best they could to design a new quarkcoin logo, including me.
I spent days thinking about the logo and designing it and i'm sure alot of other designers put days of work in their designs too. I would personally feel cheated if the prize went to a foundation.
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

The only fair way to end this is a new vote in which all votes must come from accounts at least 1 month old.

Giving the money to the foundation now, when that wasn't the deal, cheats all of the designers. Splitting the funds in any way among the current 'winners' will almost certainly be rewarding cheating.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 07:16:54 PM by quarkfx

+1

+1 for the above also

I completely agree, it's best to just split the prize to all participants in the pool. Alot of designers did the best they could to design a new quarkcoin logo, including me.
I spent days thinking about the logo and designing it and i'm sure alot of other designers put days of work in their designs too. I would personally feel cheated if the prize went to a foundation.

I also think that handing the prize over to the foundation wouldn´t be fair for the participants. However, I wonder why splitting should be a fair option? It would be the easiest, sure. To split berween all participants would be a good choice if its only about forgetting this contest. However, the participation in this community contest was never a promised salery for interested designers. Everyone knew it was highly plausible that the invested effort wouldn´t be rewarded financially. I honestly wonder why so few are interested in a fair relaunch of the contest and so many interested in a payout. Is it only about the money?

I agree with professorY, the only fair way is a new vote. If people don´t want to take part in a new vote - which I would understand - I don´t see any reasons why the prize shouldn´t be given to the Quark Foundation.
martijnp

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:36:03 PM

Everyone seems to assume donating the whole thing to the Foundation is a bad thing where everybody loses. Why is that?

Some of us mentioned earlier it might be a good idea to reboot the contest, donate the 120k quark to the Foundation and let the Foundation manage the contest in a FAIR way.
The 120k should be reserved exclusively for the logo/branding contest and the logo would be officially accepted by the Foundation.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that it is pretty difficult now to vote neutrally.

chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:55:45 PM

Everyone seems to assume donating the whole thing to the Foundation is a bad thing where everybody loses. Why is that?

Some of us mentioned earlier it might be a good idea to reboot the contest, donate the 120k quark to the Foundation and let the Foundation manage the contest in a FAIR way.
The 120k should be reserved exclusively for the logo/branding contest and the logo would be officially accepted by the Foundation.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that it is pretty difficult now to vote neutrally.

Donating to the foundation is a joke. This was a contest, not free design work for the Quark Foundation. Then again why would I expect you to respect anyone's work, you already proved that you don't.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: