Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultracoin discussion  (Read 6247 times)
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 10:02:26 AM

bumface and koolio are boths mods on the btc-e trollbox

i expected a lot more from this coin. disappoint.

+1

Ziggy is former mod as well as (neotrix) crypto-trade.

Very coordinated it seems :/

If they are mods doesn't mean they don't wanna free money.
1. Bad start without nodes and miner parameters ------------>cannot sync -------->devs instamined
2. No pools ---------------------------------------------------------------------->devs instamined
3. Moderated thread-------------------------------------------------------------->devs don't wanna people to know about instamine

Yup, you summed it up.

I don't trust BTC-E anymore.
Never lost a coin but knowing these scammers are hired there, I won't trade a coin over there, ever.
And I traded a lot over there, see BTC-E chatlog (I know it's logged somewhere).
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 10:09:43 AM

Respond here to keep UTC from the exchange (should be added at feb 7):

https://crypto-trade.com/news/47
Mordillo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Exactly what i expected. Scam

Not going to trade that shit... no way
mison

Activity: 224
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:51:36 AM

+1

1. Bad start without nodes and miner parameters ------------>cannot sync -------->devs instamined
2. No pools ---------------------------------------------------------------------->devs instamined
3. Moderated thread-------------------------------------------------------------->devs don't wanna people to know about instamine

+100

I am disappointed from this launch.. so little information, only one pool (you must pay for invite), so this is definitely NOT a fair coin for everybody.  Because I am common guy mining from the beginning and I get only 50coin for 2h . I think only few people in the pool have chance mine a lot of more. so fuck it. It is premined and instamined, just because of lack of information and devs support. But people are so hungry for new coins and chance to get rich, so many of us will accept  this coin. They just could made first xx block without reward for chance to setup mining for more people.
bitfish

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:33:01 PM

The Ultracoin devs scammers have deleted my posting from their self moderated UTC announcement thread.
So here we go again:

Quote from: sixteendigits on Today at 01:35:04 AM
Quote from: darthburnstuff on Today at 01:31:23 AM
So can anyone explain why hash rates are so low?  I always get much better hash rates with Scrypt-jane.  Huh

Bumface is charging .5 BTC for his own closed source super-fast miner, seems a little shady but hey, his coin his rules, nothing you can do.  PM him for details.

LOL.  Ultimate ultra scam coin.

Pay for premine.
Pay for pool access.
Pay for fast miner.

Nomen est omen!
These trollbox mods have no class.

If it barks like a dog  it IS a dog   Wink

Enjoy, scammers!

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:21:05 PM

Respond here to keep UTC from the exchange (should be added at feb 7):

https://crypto-trade.com/news/47

If it barks like a dog  it IS a dog   Wink
  but not my dogs /project   Wink

added comment as goblin25  Wink  read it
ziggy909

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

any rumours of anyone in the team selling invites to pools are of course nonsense. we've been working with the pool devs all night getting their pools set up and these:

ultra.nitro.org %1 Pool fee.
utc.pool.pm %1 Pool fee.
utc.greekpool.eu %1 Pool fee.

are now confirmed to be working fine.
otsaku

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:07:11 PM

it's a bit over the top shouting scam because of teething problems. So you missed out on the first 5 minutes of mining - i missed out on four hours before i got things working, and my problems had very little to do with the devs. Which from reading through the piles of crap written so far seems like most people were in the same boat as me.

Things are working now and some of us are pretty happy.

Making up rumours and calling scam doesn't get you any kudos with anyone but yourself.

reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

+1

+100

I am disappointed from this launch.. so little information, only one pool (you must pay for invite), so this is definitely NOT a fair coin for everybody.  Because I am common guy mining from the beginning and I get only 50coin for 2h . I think only few people in the pool have chance mine a lot of more. so fuck it. It is premined and instamined, just because of lack of information and devs support. But people are so hungry for new coins and chance to get rich, so many of us will accept  this coin. They just could made first xx block without reward for chance to setup mining for more people.

don't worry you are not alone Smiley the dev even told me there will be no instamine on this coin hahahahah on twitter and still people istamined it, nice trick Wink
anyway it's cool i am mning it now at diff 8 i'll dump it as soon as it hits first exchange Wink
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

I do not get why people are complaining about this coin...

From start on it was know that this coin would bring no innovation whatsoever. People just jumped in on this coin because Bumface was behind it. There is no development team involved, just one developer Ziggy. Bumface is not a dev himself (he never said that either).

Everyone who bought into this coin and now complains about the weak techno-infrastructure behind it was just naive from the start. You knew there was no innovation in this coin, you knew only one dev was invovled, you knew there was a premine from which all gains went straight to the founder/dev.

In other words, you could have known... everything was as transparant as ice. I wouldnt even say its a scam.

Its almost the same as someone selling you a bag full of air and you just buy the air because the person holding the bag is someone famous. This person is not scamming you if he made clear that there was air in the bag.
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

any rumours of anyone in the team selling invites to pools are of course nonsense. we've been working with the pool devs all night getting their pools set up and these:

ultra.nitro.org %1 Pool fee.
utc.pool.pm %1 Pool fee.
utc.greekpool.eu %1 Pool fee.

are now confirmed to be working fine.

can you do anything about the http://utc.idcray.com?  They started at 80% of total net hash and now they are still over 50%.  Doesn't seem fair to have a single pool with the ability to take the chain AND get twice as many blocks;  as the rest of the world.

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:05:26 AM

I didn't expect this from Bumface.. Looks like he went the way of the scum Koolio. The guy fabricates just about everything he is involved with, but hey, I guess when you live with your parents well into your 20's, what do you expect (I doxed him long ago). If only he had anywhere near the 200k LTC he has claimed to have for a very long time, yet conflicts that statement in numerous public comments. Don't get me wrong, he's got a decent amount of Cryptos, but is a gold fish.  Guy has luck, he simply needs some brains to go with it. Anyone with half a brain can read every move he makes, which 90% of the time is opposite of what he tries to portray.

If you're wise, stay away from this at all costs. Oddly enough, Bumface used to actually be the guy that also called out Koolio for being manipulative. How times change.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:08:27 AM

lol this is the thread for all the NOOBS who couldnt figure out how to mine it correctly
no issues here from the start, ZERO, you all are spreading FUD\
edit-except pools getting ddosd, not their fault
Last1212

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:11:28 AM

lol this is the thread for all the NOOBS who couldnt figure out how to mine it correctly
no issues here from the start, ZERO, you all are spreading FUD\
edit-except pools getting ddosd, not their fault

Lol, scam without issues, true story.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:05:14 PM

Good place to post deleted comments by Bumface:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Who could possibly ask for more in a coin?

- Censorship by devs deleting any negative comment, truthful or not
- Only pools approved by devs allowed to be included at launch, subsequently, if I'm reading correctly, those were asking BTC for invites, or such
- Koolio is involved, usually indicates shadiness, go ahead, refute that, I'll point to a million examples in his words alone

Bum, it's sad you've been turned. Karma's a bitch.

Enjoy the coin!

I will say that I was not invited by the devs nor asked to start a pool. I did it on my own accord, my pool was Open and launched on release day.

Eugen3

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:48:34 PM

DOGE pay-for-spammers hired off elance have been instructed to post with new accounts here on this thread and the UTC ANN thread with negative comments about UTC.

I have no proof, but that never stopped anybody else from spreading FUD.
jdh015232

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:00:52 PM

DOGE pay-for-spammers hired off elance have been instructed to post with new accounts here on this thread and the UTC ANN thread with negative comments about UTC.

I have no proof, but that never stopped anybody else from spreading FUD.
certain people do it on purpose, knowing with low volume people will panic sell into their extremely underpriced buy orders. than they wait a month or so and sell for 10times profit. the noobs are the ones listening to them and panic selling.
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:08:05 PM

Don't think it was a scam as much as it had horribly poor preparation and testing.

The miner settings for pooling ultimately worked on a friend's CPU (i.e. laptop) but never on mine and we used the same parameter settings.  Plenty of people had similar problems.  It seems like the mining software worked on some machines but not all.  Don't know if this is due to scrypt-jane or their own modifications.

Poor planning and execution with their official pool which they never got working.  

jdh015232

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:15:32 PM

im sure bitcoin came out and never had a problem.
atomicchaos

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:39:43 PM

Yea, great comparison, Bitcoin and UTC. I completely see the comparison.

Sorry, known shady people involved (Koolio), censorship in their thread against negative comments, custom pool software (why?), and many other questionable things. That on top of the fact that this isn't a coin that adds anything. I wonder at what point people stop chasing the next bitcoin and realize how stupid they are for investing in these obvious attempts to get-rich-quick by Devs.

I don't fault them for doing it, I fault them for not being honest about it. That's what drives me to call them out. When noobs start standing up to scams, we'll have a much better future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: